U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:40 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,061,062 times

Advertisements

[quote=KwaK;16242053]Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday

Today is school day !! I really missed the kids last week

A few of you have asked about what I teach.
Our volunteer program teaches hands on science in classes at schools where the majority of the students come from low socio-economic backgrounds. A wonderful part of the program is teaching nutrition by teaching the kids how to grow vegetables and fruits and enjoy them.
We also bring different fruits & veggies into classroom for the kids to try
lol Yeah that means this "selective eater" gets stuck trying them too I tried the "I will wait to make sure everyone can have seconds" line

So know that you know what I do on "School Wednesdays" and why I am always in rush to get to the school, I better hurry up and ask

Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Hmmm......

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !!? Being able to know sometimes what people will say next.

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Yes

Curious Minds Question:
In honor of "gas Mask Day"

When was the last time you wish you had one ? Yesterday. As we were riding down the highway we smelled tar being laid down and a sewer smell..yuck!!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?
NO

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President?s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\ , noun:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day
Gas Mask Day

Happy Hump Day To All.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 AM

8,176 posts, read 17,913,462 times
Good Morning!!! I'm so glad the miners in Chili are being rescued! I watched part of it and it's pretty cool to watch!

Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? I can't think of just one thing but know that everytime I watch that show I remark...Thanks just pretty darn cool!

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? I am a peacemaker!!

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
I have two closets of clothing just for this reason lol.

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? I'm sure beans + my Dh were involved!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? No but after looking it up I might have to remedy that! Looks yummy!

Have a wonderful day every one!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:52 AM

34,954 posts, read 14,989,605 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?
I just watched an episode on Trombones, but I really don't think about it too much.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ?
Hmm can't think of one.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
No, I've become a minimalist and get rid of things every couple of years, some I keep forever and some I regret, but I just don't like clutter.

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ?

Just for Fun:

Nope

Old 10-13-2010, 07:14 AM

46,631 posts, read 58,103,551 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Well, I wouldn't mind seeing how they make toilet paper on neat little rolls. The other thing is-even though I understand the process-I can't really imagine how silk worms can make enough silk, or how people can harvest enough silk, to make all the silk items we buy.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? I can make children behave by giving them the old stink-eye.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Very worrisome for me...I paid over a hundred $ for a pair of jeans and it's been too hot to wear them. What if they don't fit when I go to wear them? Ouch. Otherwise I have a whole plastic container full of great pants that are a size too small.
Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? Driving near the paper mill in Savannah.
Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Always with roast beef on holidays

Today in History:
1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
How many of us remember watching both Kukla, Fran and Ollie AND the Beatles?

Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,151,463 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?
Hmmm....maybe how margarine is made so then I won't eat it

Bonus Question:

I don't have one!!! Except for spelling, it's a weird gift

Extra Credit Question:

Yes I have a closet full of them and I WILL get back into them

Curious Minds Question:

LOL...we'll just blame it on the dog

Just for Fun:

No, I never have

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day......have to try it someday
National Peanut Day....................love 'em
Squirrel Awareness Day................they're so cute!
Pet peeve Day...........................if I don't drive or see spelling errors I'll be fine
It's Train Your Brain Day..............it already plays tricks on me
Gas Mask Day............................

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 10-13-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 AM

10,171 posts, read 15,082,486 times
Good morning everyone!!

Todays view:

Today's Question(s):

Caramel

Bonus Question:

Being able to read fast and staying awake in boring lectures in class!

Extra Credit Question:

Nope!

Curious Minds Question:

Never wanted one before though!

Just for Fun:

No idea what that even is.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
Gas Mask Day

Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM

43,674 posts, read 18,731,845 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made. I don't get cable. I get my TV free with an antenna!

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made"? Just about everything. I'm very curious about stuff like that. I live in steel mill country, on the southern tip of Lake Michigan, and got to tour an 80" hot strip mill one time. It was fascinating, watching them make the steel sheets - and extremely hot; I thought I was going to melt!

Bonus Question:
What is your "superpower "? Compassion.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again? Nope! I'm happy to say that I've been weeding out clothes that are way too big because I've worked hard and lost a lot of weight during the past year.

Curious Minds Question:
When was the last time you wish you had one? About a week ago, when I was walking outside my office building at lunchtime, and fumes from the nearby sewage treatment plant were wafting my way. Ugh, it was awful! Almost made me gag, and I had to come back inside.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding? Yes, just once, at a friend's house, and it was excellent. I keep meaning to make it myself, but have never gotten around to it.

Word of the Day:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13. I've heard of this before. Numbers don't creep me out. Bring on the 13s and the 666s!

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day Try it if you get the chance; it's not what you think, and it's delicious!
National Peanut Day I love peanuts.
Squirrel Awareness Day I've got walnut trees in my yard, and a bazillion squirrels!
Pet peeve Day I guess we've all got some of these.
It's Train Your Brain Day I love to learn new things!
Gas Mask Day I could use one of these, once in a while!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-13-2010 at 07:50 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,217,601 times
Good Morning Just stopping in to get my fix for the day

Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? I've watched the show, but can't think of a thing now

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? If I told you, I would lose it

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Sure. I have some "work" clothes thinking maybe some day I'll get a job again

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? California wildfires

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? chocolate or vanilla, but not yorkshire.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day you can have this day, not me
Pet peeve Day
Gas Mask Day

Have a great day everyone

Old 10-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 9,801,933 times
Good Morning!

Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? I tell ya~My brain is full enough~LOL!

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? It's a Mom thing! Don't be lying to me!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Oh Yeah! Those big bell bottoms will come back in style someday!

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? Working in the garage..

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? No

Have a great day!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,482,333 times
That sounds like a really wonderful program you're involved in, Kwak.

Today's Question(s):

Glue. Do they really use horses?

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? The ability to raise six small children while working somewhere between part and full time and still keeping up on the dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. (well, most of the time I keep up on that stuff)

Extra Credit Question:

No, I gave those away.

Curious Minds Question:

Being around dh the other night. Don't ask.

Just for Fun:

Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics