Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times

Advertisements

Happy hump day everyone!

Karla, that is a great programme you have over there. I wish that we had classes like that...

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? My commanding tone. Few can argue this superpower (only DS has a habit of not listening anyway )

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Yes, since my belly is growing most of my clothes don't fit anymore and I expect them to fit again next summer! But usually I get rid of clothes that don't fit me pretty easy to get new space for new clothes

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 06:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
It's Squirrel Awareness Day. If you don't take a moment to be honor them, the squirels will start throwing acorns at you.

[b]Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made. So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?

How is Nutella made... that's what enquiring minds want to know!

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ?

I'm Super Normie! I have amazing powers to sleep through anything!

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?

A few, mostly kept for sentimental reasons rather than any hope I'll be wearing them again.

Curious Minds Question:
In honor of "gas Mask Day"

When was the last time you wish you had one ?

Hiking through a marshy swamp. Phew, mud that's been wet for a few days can smell bad.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?

Televisions, radios, Ipods

Bonus Question:

being extremely good looking!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
nope

Curious Minds Question:

whenever I have to sit by stinking people on public transportation

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? I am not sure?

Old 10-13-2010, 07:09 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,504,285 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?

Tissue paper
Valentine's Day Cards

Bonus Question:

Lazer eye sight

Extra Credit Question:

I'm a guy soI don't think so?.....

Curious Minds Question:

When my sister farted 2 min ago

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?

????? NO (lol)

Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Sausage? Hmmm ... maybe not ...

I still have some of my new wave/punk rock stuff from the early 80s. I wear 'em anyway, even if they haven't come back in style at the moment.

In honor of "gas Mask Day" When was the last time you wish you had one ?
Probably about 3 a.m. ...

Noooo ....

Today is:
Squirrel Awareness Day

I'm aware just as soon as the cats become aware. Rrrowr!
Pet peeve Day
Got those, too.
It's Train Your Brain Day
Hmmm ... I think I left that at home today! LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 07:17 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? I guess I'm not very curious about that sort of thing.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? hmmm....decorating, I guess.

Extra Credit Question:

definitely
Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? when someone who had been smoking came in the bank and up to my desk

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?Yes, surprisinglly different than I expected. Kind of like good bread you eat with a fork. Loved it .

Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
[quote=KwaK;16242053]Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday

Today is school day !! I really missed the kids last week

A few of you have asked about what I teach.
Our volunteer program teaches hands on science in classes at schools where the majority of the students come from low socio-economic backgrounds. A wonderful part of the program is teaching nutrition by teaching the kids how to grow vegetables and fruits and enjoy them.
We also bring different fruits & veggies into classroom for the kids to try
lol Yeah that means this "selective eater" gets stuck trying them too I tried the "I will wait to make sure everyone can have seconds" line

So know that you know what I do on "School Wednesdays" and why I am always in rush to get to the school, I better hurry up and ask

Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? Sometimes, I can spot trends before they hit.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Guilty.

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? Never thought I needed one.

Just for Fun:

No, but I have two Yorkshire Terriers.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Pencils.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? I can pinch with my toes!!!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Guilty - I have "skinny jeans" and "fat genes".

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? when a skunk sprayed under the house (couple of years ago - was 3 months before the smell was completely gone)

Just for Fun:

yes but was about 50 years ago.

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\ , noun:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day I have squirrels year round!!!
Pet peeve Day Yay!! A day for us peevers!!!
It's Train Your Brain Day To do what????
Gas Mask Day Phew!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Today's Question(s):

Those perpetual motion toys that folks keep on their desks have always intrigued me.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? I don't have one.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Yes. LOL

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? I can't remember the last time.

We did have Dad's gas mask from WWII around for years. Hmm. I wonder what happened to it.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? No but I've had pudding in Yorkshire.

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\ , noun:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day
Gas Mask Day

Have a great Wednesday, Everyone!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times

Good morning my dear CD friends...hope you're all having a great week!
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Ooooo I'll go with the "canned biscuit" one. That sounds really interesting.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? Superpower? Nah, no superpower...nothing more than "mothers' intuition"... maybe a deep sense of empathy, etc.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? Why yes! Yes I do! LOL

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one ? Oh...probably the day after I made a mess of fried cabbage and onions!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Not to my knowledge, no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics