Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:19 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

Just curious if you and/or your family are doing anything special on this day and does it hold any significance to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 02:22 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Just another day to me, at least it's Saturday and I'll get to be with my husband.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:32 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Red face getting married.....again? Maybe this time we can remember the date for once...

Maybe I can get my husband to re-new our vows ?!
I posted somewhere on CD, where I got engaged and how it was, when I got married...it's a hoot, I think....ROTFL
So, maybe a second time around will be a bit more romantic???
BTW....my REAL reason on why I would do that, is the FACT that neither me NOR my husband can remember the date of our wedding anniversary!!!!!!....
So, so sad...but oh-so-true.........that's why I am asking....should I go to the shrink's office???:confused...and will take skoe, hiks, and HDL with me, while I am at it........<GROUP THERAPY>

Another motive....the number "7" is my fav and lucky number, ever since I can remember!

Last edited by MB2; 06-23-2007 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: add on

Old 06-23-2007, 02:39 PM

Smile Please hurry up and decide MB2PA

Skoe, Hiks and I may not be able to be your (old) Maids of Honor if you don't let us know soon !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Maybe I can get my husband to re-new our vows ?!
I posted somewhere on CD, where I got engaged and how it was, when I got married...it's a hoot, I think....ROTFL
So, maybe a second time around will be a bit more romantic???
BTW....my REAL reason on why I would do that, is the FACT that neither me NOR my husband can remember the date of our wedding anniversary!!!!!!....
So, so sad...but oh-so-true.........that's why I am asking....should I go to the shrink's office???:confused...and will take skoe, hiks, and HDL with me, while I am at it........<GROUP THERAPY>

Another motive....the number "7" is my fav and lucky number, ever since I can remember!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Is it your birthday?

It is two days after my little daughter's birthday and I won't see her, but will call.

It is three days after Independence Day, and I feel free.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:43 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
It's just another day to me.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
On 07-07-07, I'll probably do the same thing I did on 06-06-06 last year - I just can't remember what that was. So, what's everybody doing next year on 08-08-08?

Old 06-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Smile No, not my birthday ontheroad :-0

I think if you were to 'google' it, maybe you would better understand the significance of this day. Last year also had a day like this year (6-6-06). Many Christians dislike what we associate with that date (i.e. the number 666).

The number 777 is very significant as it signifies completion or perfection!

That said, here is a brief excerp from a USA Today article:

Marrying on 7/7/07? This could be your lucky day - USATODAY.com

Call them Lucky Laura and Jackpot Jarred. Their friends and family do. The Indianapolis couple is one of thousands of couples across the nation who will tie the knot on Saturday, July 7. Or as they say in the wedding business, 7/7/07.
"Seven is a sacred number," says Laura Stuckwisch, 37, who with her fiancé, Jarred Illingworth, 29, chose the date for its spiritual significance.

"God created the heavens and earth and then he rested on the seventh day," Stuckwisch says. "The number appears hundreds of times in the Bible."

Or this article from the NY Times:

A Date With Destiny - New York Times

CHRISTMAS. New Year’s Eve. Spring break. There are certain dates on the calendar when travelers know that hotel rooms in prime vacation spots will be nearly impossible to come by, even if they try to book months in advance.

This year, add another day to the list: Saturday, July 7.
That’s because that date — the almost numerically perfect 7/7/07 — is being sought after by couples around the country as the ideal day for a wedding. More than 31,000 couples have already signed up with theknot.com, a wedding-planning Web site, saying they plan to marry that day, a figure that is roughly triple the number for any other Saturday that month — and nearly 20,000 more than the number of couples who got married on the corresponding weekend a year earlier.

And it isn’t only prospective spouses who think that the 7-7-7 combination could be lucky for them. The travel site Vegas.com said its hotel reservations for the weekend starting on Friday, July 6, are about six times greater than those for the previous weekend. “We’ve never seen anything like this,” said Bryan Allison, vice president of marketing for Vegas.com. “We were all shocked.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Is it your birthday?

It is two days after my little daughter's birthday and I won't see her, but will call.

It is three days after Independence Day, and I feel free.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
Wow, hadn't even thougt about that, Thanks HDL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
On 07-07-07, I'll probably do the same thing I did on 06-06-06 last year - I just can't remember what that was. So, what's everybody doing next year on 08-08-08?
Have no idea, but know where I was on 8-8-88, first Wrigley Night game, & Fergie had baby Beatrice that day LOL. All I heard on the radio that day was Fergie, and some coach having tickets for a big game at the Will Call Window waiting for Elvis.

Last edited by Travel'r; 06-23-2007 at 03:31 PM..

Old 06-23-2007, 03:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
LOL HDL...leave it to you to come up with that question!

Me? I'll be getting ready to get out of here. Am leaving the following week to go visit my mother for a week, then onto Florida. Not much time for something special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics