Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:37 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,191,350 times

Advertisements

My old landlord used to wait two months before cashing the rent checks...and never had a receipt book with him so I was nervous handing over cash. DROVE ME INSANE. So when I moved out ( largley due to his neglect of every possible normal landlord responsibility) I handed him my last check and said if it wasn't cashed within two weeks I would cancel it. And guess what? I waited three weeks...and canceled it. I hated that man. Probably not the best thing to do, but at that point I was so irate I just didn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I always cash a check the day I get it.
My finances are just that pathetic.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 AM

560 posts, read 916,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Happy Happy Thursday Peevers!!!! Friday is just around the corner... hope you all have a great day!

Today's Peeve: People who don't cash checks you give them in a timely manner.

OK... so I've been accused of this too.... but I know that it can be annoying. Especially when it comes time to balance the checkbook and what have you.
I haven't gone to a bank in almost 3 years. Electronic banking is the way to go. If I do write someone a check and they seem to take forever to cash it, it's their loss not mine. If the party is a repeat offender, just write on the bottom of the check "not valid after __ days". If he/she wants his/her money bad enough then he/she move his/her butt to the bank!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
This is a big peeve of mine why not deposit them a day or two after they receive the check. I do all bill pay now online. I used to give a check for Birthdays and such and 6 mos later they still had not been deposited <no thank you either but that"s another thread> I love the idea from Goin"2 DE I wish I had though of that.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I always cash a check the day I get it.
My finances are just that pathetic.
LOL mine too Glory I have been know to run a race to the bank with the bills I paid. Fortunately I won the race but it was close.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Wow!! What a great peeve, SCG!! I've had this happen a few times and it is very annoying. I once sent a donation to my Aruba newsletter editor and the check never cleared. Months later when I was moving and closing my checking account I wrote her and inquired about the missing check, telling her if she had it somewhere she better cash it quick. She found it in her desk among some papers.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Happy Happy Thursday Peevers!!!! Friday is just around the corner... hope you all have a great day!

Today's Peeve: People who don't cash checks you give them in a timely manner.

OK... so I've been accused of this too.... but I know that it can be annoying. Especially when it comes time to balance the checkbook and what have you.
I’m still waiting for the Publishers Clearing House to send that BIG check to me,,,,,, and yes “I’ll cash it right away”.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
I go to the bank all the time because they're nearby and I can't use an ATM alone and I know the people really well there. They always hand me the cash right there and then when I cash a check, and even make sure to count it out carefully with me to make me feel safer.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
I got a letter from the bank in 1991 that a contractor had cashed a check that was 18 months old. it was an old account I used when we built our house that I had just never closed but was empty. I raised hell with them for even cashing it so they returned all my fees. I think that was the last time I wrote a check for construction. it was cash or charge from then on out.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,142,567 times
I don't do the checking....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics