Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 03:11 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,836,087 times

Advertisements

Happy Tuesday Here's back at you, kwak. Hope you are having a good day.Local weather folks are using the dreaded ""Near record cold" and "Hard Freeze Warning"
lol it looks like a yard sale exploded in my gardens I have sheets covering lots of my plants Hope your plants remain safe.
Tons of the "to do"list for today so lets get right to

Today's Question(s):

The last thing that had you saying " Yikes that had to hurt" ? Seeing some bruises on my elderly aunt, who had a bad fall.Extra Credit Question:
in honor of Teacher Appreciation Day

Was there a teacher you had back in school that made such a great impression that years latter you still remember them ? Absolutely--more than a fewBonus Question:
In honor of "Instant Replay" day

Was there a time when you wish you could of hit the "Instant Replay Button" ?Sure, but I can't tell you!!Just for Fun:

Tinsel or no tinsel ?noneGarland or no garland ? garland
Today in History:
1842 - The New York Philharmonic Society gave its first public concert, performing works of Beethoven. The New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States and one of the oldest in the world.
1926 - The household refrigerator, operating on gas, was patented. The refrigerator was patented by the Electrolux Servel Corporation. Yep -- the vacuum cleaner people.--who are now back into appliances.
1941 - December 7, 1941 is remembered as “a date which will live in infamy”: Pearl Harbor Day I am sure this is a sad day for many families.
1945 - Microwave oven patented I've beening nuking my food for 30 years!!
1963 - Instant replay was used for the first time during the Army-Navy game. CBS-TV

Word of the Day:
estivate \ ES-tuh-veyt \ , verb;
1. To spend the summer, as at a specific place or in a certain activity.

Today is:
National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day My thoughts are with folks who were there, or families who lost loved ones.
National Cotton Candy Day Sticky, icky, gooey gunk!!
Teacher Appreciation Day
Instant Replay Day: I'd pick and choose what I'd replay in my life

Well, I am here a little earlier today. Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful Tuesday. Talk about stress; there were actually two adult women in my class today (working on a group project), who got into a screaming verbal altercation....Unreal.. Their project was Advocacy and Oppression!! I'd expect this kind of behaviour from kids, but from adults?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,413,899 times
I have never forgotten my 2nd grade teacher, she was beautiful, her clothes, shoes, hair, jewelry always were perfect. I would look at her and think I want to look that someday

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,867 times
Good morning. Better late than never.

Today's Question(s):

The last thing that had you saying " Yikes that had to hurt" ?
I've got to pass... this hurts my brain at this hour

Extra Credit Question:
in honor of Teacher Appreciation Day

Was there a teacher you had back in school that made such a great impression that years latter you still remember them ?
Mrs Keene in 5th grade. Music and art.

Bonus Question:

In honor of "Instant Replay" day

Was there a time when you wish you could of hit the "Instant Replay Button" ?
I'd like to see the expression my friend made when she read my first email.

Just for Fun:

Tinsel or no tinsel ?
sure
Garland or no garland ? I'd say no

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics