Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:15 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times

Advertisements

Hello QOTD'ers! It's official... we have 1 week... 7 days before Christmas 2010! WOW! Well, enjoy your final week before Christmas and enjoy your final days of 2010.

Today's Question:

Erica the Edible Food's Fairy () is coming to your home in 1 week to prepare your Christmas dinner!!!! She is going to cook WHATEVER you want, and she is going to pay for it all! It is her Christmas gift to you.

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ?

“Check-up” Extra Credit Question:

The last time I guest hosted , I asked what percentage of your Christmas shopping you had done. That was the first weekend of December. Now that we are 1 week away from Christmas, it's time to see what progress you've made.

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed?

Any last minute shoppers out there ? (Be honests.... Your percentages will kind of determine that!)

Bonus Questiona:

List your top three favorite TV channels.

AND/OR

If you don't watch TV, then list your top three favorite internet websites.

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be?

Do you know anybody who likes philately?

Today in History:

1st US newspaper to appear on Sunday (Baltimore Monitor)
1898 Automobile speed record set-63 kph (39 mph)
1936 1st giant panda imported into US
1946 TV's 1st network dramatic serial "Faraway Hill" ends 2 month run
1963 Clarke runs world record 10k (28:15.6)
1964 "The Pink Panther" cartoon series premieres (Pink Phink)
1996 TV industry execs agree to adopt a ratings system

Today in Christmas History:
1958 1st voice from space: recorded Christmas message by Eisenhower
1966 Dr Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" airs for 1st time on CBS
1989 "I Love Lucy" Christmas episode, shown for 1st time in over 30 years

Word of the Day:
philately
\fuh-LAT-uh-lee\ noun: the collection and study of postage and imprinted stamps : stamp collecting

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day
International Migrants Day
Wear A Plunger On Your Head Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 08:35 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Today's Question:

Erica the Edible Food's Fairy () is coming to your home in 1 week to prepare your Christmas dinner!!!! She is going to cook WHATEVER you want, and she is going to pay for it all! It is her Christmas gift to you.

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ?
I'm sick can't think of food right now!

The last time I guest hosted , I asked what percentage of your Christmas shopping you had done. That was the first weekend of December. Now that we are 1 week away from Christmas, it's time to see what progress you've made.

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed?
All though it's been very little.. it may be all I do!
Any last minute shoppers out there ? (Be honests.... Your percentages will kind of determine that!)

I do my best to avoid last minute shopping.

Bonus Questiona:

AND/OR

I pass!

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be?

Do you know anybody who likes philately?
I never like Phil!

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
philately
\fuh-LAT-uh-lee\ noun: the collection and study of postage and imprinted stamps : stamp collecting

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day

Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Today's Question:
Erica the Edible Foods Fairy () is coming to your home in 1 week to prepare your Christmas dinner!!!! She is going to cook WHATEVER you want, and she is going to pay for it all! It is her Christmas gift to you.
So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner?
Salad: spring greens and herbs with sliced strawberries, pine nuts, crumbled gorgonzola and an olive oil vinaigrette dressing.
Soup: cream of pumpkin with a dollop of sour cream and a dash of nutmeg on top.
Main course: Prime rib (medium rare); lobster tails with lots of drawn butter; garlic smashed potatoes; sauteed broccoli.
Dessert: creme brulee.

The last time I guest hosted , I asked what percentage of your Christmas shopping you had done. That was the first weekend of December. Now that we are 1 week away from Christmas, it's time to see what progress you've made. I have one more person to buy for; will do that on Saturday or Sunday.

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? 95%

Any last minute shoppers out there ? (Be honest.... Your percentages will kind of determine that!) I'm usually done quiet early in the season. Just couldn't get it together this year. Got it almost finished this evening (Friday).

Bonus Questiona:

1. CBS
2. ABC
3. PBS
(I don't have cable or satellite TV.)
AND/OR

1. City-Data
I don't really visit other sites for fun. Mostly use the Internet for my job, or for research for Today's Tip on C-D!

Just for Fun:
If you had a quote for today, what would it be? Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. (Luke 6:31)

Do you know anybody who likes philately? I was very much into this when I was a kid. Still have my collection and look at it on occasion.

Today in History:
1796 1st US newspaper to appear on Sunday (Baltimore Monitor)
1898 Automobile speed record set-63 kph (39 mph) Oooooo - Speedy Gonzalez.....Andele! Andele!
1936 1st giant panda imported into US They belong in the wilds of China.

Word of the Day:
philately \fuh-LAT-uh-lee\ noun: the collection and study of postage and imprinted stamps : stamp collecting

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day I really miss doing this. Used to bake up a storm every Christmas season. But I can't trust myself not to pig out on them - can't have cookies in the house. Have lost a lot of weight in the past 13 months by NOT eating stuff like that. But I still miss it like crazy.
Flake Appreciation Day Occasionally, I have a day when I feel like a flake! If you're talking about snowflakes, I LOVE 'em!
Wear A Plunger On Your Head Day Uh....no thanks! You don't know where it's been! Bwahahaha!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-17-2010 at 09:16 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 08:55 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Today's Question:

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ? I don't know where to begin. Everything sounds good! Stuff Chicken wings with rice and pepper.

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? HAhah about 50% done. I only have two people to buy gifts because of the secret santa. One down and one more to go.

Any last minute shoppers out there ? (Be honests.... Your percentages will kind of determine that!) Right here! I wasn't planning to shop until the 24th because I get paid on that day too.. And it's the day before Christmas...but I might have to shop tomorrow incase the store might run out of the coat I need.

Bonus Questiona:

List your top three favorite TV channels. Don't watch tv that often but these are the channels I watch the most.

1. KMSP
2. WUCW
3. WFTC

AND/OR

If you don't watch TV, then list your top three favorite internet websites. LOL. I took the time to look it up and list it. Oh well. I'll list my favorite internet websites as well.

1. Shine.Yahoo
2. Youtube
3. Any shopping website is great, really.

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be? If you get me a rock for travel souvenir gift, I'll stone you with that rock. - My friend asked me what I want from Thailand and I said accessories like earrings, and he said he'll bring back a rock instead. I told him I'll stone him with that rock.

Do you know anybody who likes philately? Nope.

1966 Dr Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" airs for 1st time on CBS - cooll.

Word of the Day:
philately \fuh-LAT-uh-lee\ noun: the collection and study of postage and imprinted stamps : stamp collecting

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day

Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Great timing on the question SunCoast Guy, but u want too many details, so I shall modify just a bit

If someone is footing the bill for Christmas Dinner and cooking I am going to insist of fresh organic veggies from Ophrah's garden and Obama's too. And the most expensive hard to find fresh seafood; plus allot of beef baby.

My quote for the day is "live on both feet and don't lay down until u have to."

Happy Saturday to all yall and much love and peace

Old 12-17-2010, 09:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Today's Question:

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ? Honey baked ham, candied yams, collard greens, and pecan pie.

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? 0%

Bonus Questiona:

AND/OR

1. CD
2. Fox News
3. Baynews9

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be? An osteopath is the only doctor that an see out of both eyes.

Do you know anybody who likes philately? Yes

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
philately

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day I know some flaky people.

Last edited by Nomadicus; 12-17-2010 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Good Happy Saturday Everybody!!

Today's Question:

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ? I'm leaning towards lamb shanks in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onions, and mushrooms, in a red wine balsamic reduction. I serve up many appetizers on Christmas Eve and a simple dinner the next day is something I appreciate... plus it's delicious!

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? 95% was done by writing a check, so that part is done. The rest I'm working on.

Any last minute shoppers out there ? (Be honests.... Your percentages will kind of determine that!) I don't have to pick up much, I do have to complete making some things.

Bonus Questiona:

1. Fox News
2. HGTV
3. TRU TV

AND/OR

1. CD
2. FB
3. Ebay

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be? I've borrowed Sweetie Pie's... 'Life's tough, use a helmet!' LOLOLOL I love it!!!

Do you know anybody who likes philately? My daughter was into it for about 10 years when she was little. Then she dropped it like a hot potato!!!

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day
Wear A Plunger On Your Head Day I'll pass, thanks!![/quote].

Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Hello everyone!!!

today's question:

erica the edible food's fairy (:d) is coming to your home in 1 week to prepare your christmas dinner!!!! She is going to cook whatever you want, and she is going to pay for it all! It is her christmas gift to you.

so... What will be on the menu for christmas dinner ?

Prime rib & lobstah with lots of buttah!!!

“check-up” extra credit question:

the last time i guest hosted , i asked what percentage of your christmas shopping you had done. That was the first weekend of december. Now that we are 1 week away from christmas, it's time to see what progress you've made.

what percent of your christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? 93%

Any last minute shoppers out there ? (be honests.... :d your percentages will kind of determine that!)

bonus questiona:

list your top three favorite tv channels.

1.A & E
2.Bravo
3.channel 3 LOL!!!

and/or

just for fun:

if you had a quote for today, what would it be?Live until you die!

do you know anybody who likes philately?If I do they aren't telling me!!!

wear a plunger on your head day
Thanks for the QOTD, SCG. Great job!!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 12-17-2010 at 10:23 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 10:28 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,183 times
Hello... good early morning. Just home from work. Hope it's not against the 'rules' to answer todays question before yesterdays. Hope everyone has a great weekend. "Drive careful"

Today's Question:

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner ? a nice ham dinner with mashed taters and all the fixings

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? I'd say I'm about done.

Bonus Questiona:

If I watched TV I'd enjoy..
1. History
2. Nick at Night
3. BBC America

AND/OR

I've also done less Internet since the 7th of June but I enjoy...
1. City-data
2. woot.com
3. facebook

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be? Happiness is a choice

Do you know anybody who likes philately? not really although my Dad saved them while he worked the mail route but never did anything with them..

Today is:
Bake Cookies Day - and also a cheesecake and more eggnog
Flake Appreciation Day - you're my favorite 'flake'

Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today's Question:

So... what will be on the menu for Christmas dinner? Erica flew the coop, she's busy with all you other peoples, so it's leftover turkey, pumpkin pie, watermelon, maybe spaghetti, who knows, tacos, lasagna, whatever ends up on the table..

What percent of your Christmas shopping would you say you have now completed? 100%

Bonus Questiona:

1.CBS
2.NBC
3.ABC-PBS(tie)

AND/OR

1.CD
2.DC
3.CDC

Just for Fun:

If you had a quote for today, what would it be? He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.

Do you know anybody who likes philately? Lately, no, but years ago neighbor Phil and I traded stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics