Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,212 times

Advertisements

Is there a day that goes by that we don't hear about
a tragic story involving sexual predators ?

To hell with their civil liberties, at this point they are animals
acting on some warped instinct. Put them back into society
and the will victimize again and again.
I am not a racist, sexist, bigot, or intolerant.
What I am is a father.
I swear every time I see a news broadcast it feels like
a part of my heart dies off.
I just hope in the afterlife Mother Teresa is waiting with machete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
"I am not a racist, sexist, bigot, or intolerant."

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
"I am not a racist, sexist, bigot, or intolerant."

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

I'm aware that calling people animals smacks of crazed dictators.
Thats not how I feel of any race, religion, or gender.
My extreme ire is solely based on those who commit
these vicious crimes.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Stop giving sexual predators an opportunity. Search the "history" on your child's computer. Download "Cyber Nanny" or some similar software to filter out adult web sites. Find out with whom your kids are calling on their personal cell phones. Kids have covert ways of socializing. Once a face to face meeting occurs with a stranger, it might be too late. The first people who should be protecting children are their parents.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Stop giving sexual predators an opportunity. Search the "history" on your child's computer. Download "Cyber Nanny" or some similar software to filter out adult web sites. Find out with whom your kids are calling on their personal cell phones. Kids have covert ways of socializing. Once a face to face meeting occurs with a stranger, it might be too late. The first people who should be protecting children are their parents
Absolutely ! Under supervised children are no doubt are at more risk.
Sick as it sounds sometimes from there own family.
My rant is directed at under-monitored sexual predators released back
into society. The latest being some garbage who should have been deported
back to Thailand. He wasn't based on : that a violent rape of a relative
does not rate high enough in an obviously absurd rating system for
sexual offenses. On the Fourth of July a little girl was abducted from behind
her Tacoma home, literally snatched up and tossed into his van.
Leaving only a single sandal behind.
Our system does not work. Why are we so soft ? Who is responsible ?

Old 07-14-2007, 12:08 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
I say 1 offence and they should never see the light of day agian.

Our society is to blame, everybody is to soft on all crime. The punishment for these crimes is not porportional, a child molester is released from prison and does it agian and we know this is going to happen. Most people are soft because they don't think it's going to happen to their child, they change their minds when it does happen.
Search the web for sex offenders sites in your area, read the crimes they have committed, it will make you sick and these people are out on the streets waiting for an oppertunity. They have no purpose in life other than destroying peoples lives.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:13 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,184,736 times
Quote:
Download "Cyber Nanny" or some similar software to filter out adult web sites.
However, be careful installing that type software or you yourself MAY never see the internet again.

My stepmom did that and could not access the internet. We had to wipe her computer clean of her operating system and start over. Liz

Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I say 1 offence and they should never see the light of day agian.

I agree. While the death penalty has always started controversy and has also been confusing in many ways and I've never been for or against it, I wouldn't mind seeing sexual predators (child molesters, child rapists, child murderers, basically any criminal who acts toward children) disappear off the face of the earth....somehow....I'm not making any direct indications.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,034 times
I have always said that if someone like that gets to my daughter the police better catch him before I do...

Old 07-15-2007, 11:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,981 times
It's scary nowadays. Too much technology, too much knowledge (when I was a kid, we were naive, we played with barbies or manhunt and fun dumb games like that) now it's all about sex, drugs, god knows what else. The girls have zero self-esteem, it's horrifying. Yet, it seems like the "smarter" we get technologically, the less common sense we have. I don't know what to do to protect our children any better, other than talking to them. Be honest with them, answer any questions (yes, even the uncomfortable ones), make sure they are educated by us, their parents, not just by their school or the streets or their know-it-all friends, know where they are, keep their friends' phone numbers and addresses, get to know their friends' parents, siblings, whomever. Have them (especially females) take self-defense courses, help build their confidence and self-esteem, make sure they know that people like Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears are not role models and not to be envied. Don't stop telling them you love them, even if you just get done yelling at them or grounding them; even if they say "I knooooowwww, you say it all the time"....keep saying it to them. Kiss them, hug them, take an interest in their friends, their music, their tv shows, their homework, their grades, their extracurricular activities. Play board games, talk at the dinner table.

Know as much as you can about your community and the surrounding towns. Know your neighbors. Don't allow your children to stay home alone. Don't allow them to walk somewhere (or bike) alone. Safety in numbers has always been a working theory. There are sex offender websites, you can see how many, if any are in your area. Maybe we can write letters to our communities (if there are sex offenders) I know some people do that. Why should we worry if we offend them, they should not be coddled or protected or be allowed to live in peace in a quiet neighborhood. They're predators who have a sickness, they corrupt children, why should we be concerned about their privacy? Yeah, people make mistakes, but that's not a mistake, that's a sin and a crime.

I know I'm rambling and I don't know if those things are the answer but they carry hope. Communication and education are the most important things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics