U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM

14,810 posts, read 14,721,971 times

Advertisements

He would probably do great in Obama parodies--looks a lot like him. With a speaking voice like that, he surely has a good singing voice, too.

He has a great career ahead of him. I just hope he can keep his head on straight once the money starts rolling in.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
bjh

38,646 posts, read 25,647,816 times
Saw the Today Show clip earlier today. Amazing.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 11,550 times
My husband was looking at that video yesterday, and I heard the radio voice in the background while I was doing the dishes, and when my husband said it was a homeless man talking, I couldn't believe it...so I checked it out myself, and it is a very cool story! We all mess up in one way or another and second chances are God's grace and mercy to us. I wish the best for him!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 PM

41,867 posts, read 16,581,292 times
Right this very minute, Ted Williams (the homeless guy) is doing the announcements on the Jimmy Fallon show! He looks and sounds great!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 AM

51,697 posts, read 13,895,373 times
When I caught his video I just knew job offers would come his way. Here's to second chances...may nothing but good things happen to Ted.

Did anyone see when he met up with his mom? He hadn't seen her in quite awhile and it brought a tear to my eye.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 AM

43,856 posts, read 46,260,256 times
I don't want to be a wet blanket...but sometimes there is a reason why men become homeless. Sometimes it is because they are evading paying child support. Ted Williams is one of those guys.

I wish him success, but I hope they make him pay the half blind woman who raised not only their four kids, but also a child he had with someone else before he left her penniless 23 years ago while deciding drugs were more fun than responsibilities.

Quote:
Patricia Kirtley raised four daughters alone after Williams split 23 years ago and dove down the rabbit hole of drugs.
Not only that, Kirtley took in the baby boy the radioman had with another woman and raised him as her own.
Oh, and by the way, she's partially blind.
"We survived," Kirtley said Thursday in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. "My children are survivors. They know if we get a little bit that God provides, we make it into a lot. I'm a soup maker. I make potato soup and throw in a lot of vegetables and a little meat. We always ate."
Except that Williams, who seems to be a nice guy, just wasn't strong, wasn't around and wasn't contributing financially.
[LEFT]
Read more: Behind golden-voiced Ted Williams is ex-wife Patricia Kirtley, the story's real hero
[/LEFT]

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,721,971 times
Hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of women have been left to raise the children alone after immature and irresponsible fathers have failed to provide for the children they fathered. While the damage cannot be undone, Ted Williams has the chance to redeem himself to some extent by providing for those he abandoned. Those children, including those he fathered with his druggie girlfriend, were blessed to have strong women around who were willing to take them in and give them the best upbringing they could.

Truly, his ex-wife, her mother, sisters and cousins are the heroes of this story.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,633,379 times
Oh my gosh, yeah, I'm a big ole baby! I bawled! I watched some videos of him on the Today Show and everytime he got choked up, I lost it! What a beautiful heart he has. Bless that reporter who video taped him. He helped God answer the prayers of a repented heart. Beautiful story...just beautiful!

For his sake, I hope he reaps plenty of financial rewards for this. I would quite imagine he owes a fortune in child support. Perhaps these tv performances and maybe a movie/book deal will allow him to make enough to not only pay his taxes (hope he gets a great manager), but have enough to live on after paying back support. That's a whole lot of kids!

Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM

43,856 posts, read 46,260,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Oh my gosh, yeah, I'm a big ole baby! I bawled! I watched some videos of him on the Today Show and everytime he got choked up, I lost it! What a beautiful heart he has. Bless that reporter who video taped him. He helped God answer the prayers of a repented heart. Beautiful story...just beautiful!

For his sake, I hope he reaps plenty of financial rewards for this. I would quite imagine he owes a fortune in child support. Perhaps these tv performances and maybe a movie/book deal will allow him to make enough to not only pay his taxes (hope he gets a great manager), but have enough to live on after paying back support. That's a whole lot of kids!
You are too sweet beachmel.

Due to having to raise my two youngest kids alone financially, I don't care if all he is left with is a pair of socks, he owes his kids and the woman he left to raise them. I have few pet peeves in life....but this sure is one of them.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,633,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You are too sweet beachmel.

Due to having to raise my two youngest kids alone financially, I don't care if all he is left with is a pair of socks, he owes his kids and the woman he left to raise them. I have few pet peeves in life....but this sure is one of them.
Oh GloryB, I completely understand! If I were in your shoes, or was in the shoes of the mother (s) of his kids, I'd feel the same way. You can bet that she is saying, "You keep working mister, momma's gonna get a new car!" LOL Honestly, it would be difficult to have a heart of compassion if you were left alone to fend for yourself and your children. As I said, I hope he makes plenty of money and has a good money manager, he's going to have so much money taken away for back support and then taxes.

As frustrating as it would be.....you can see that the man truly has a tender heart, as well as a repentent one. I wish only the best for him...and it certainly would be the best for him to fall upon his old demons again, that's for sure. ((((GloryB)))) You're a champion my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics