Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:10 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,898,080 times

Advertisements

I have a situation w/ a family of friends. I have been friends with this family for a very long time; I know Grandpa, Sisters, brother in laws..etc..

Here's the problem. They're all LIP KISSERS !! Yuck !!

I love to visit them & they're very nice people but I experience anxiety every time I know I'll be seeing them. I prepare myself with short & sweet excuses when I see their lips approaching mine.. I back up, turn my cheek & say "Awww on the cheek- I just put on lipstick"

Let's keep this clear- it's a totally platonic normal family- they just insist on puckering up and touching lips. I find it replusive.

But it gets worse. Grandpa is 80 -He likes to hug just the girls. I mean REALLY hug the girls. They all think it's cute & he loves the attention. When I see him coming at me with the puckered lips and the arms open - I shudder. I have drawn back and told him - "No Hugs Grandpa, I just left the Gym & I'm all sweaty" He pressed himself against my boobs till they are flat !!
I am really bothered by this. No one from that family sees anything wrong with this.

So do you have any ideas on how to handle Grandpa the Feeler & the Lip Kissers in a polite way (other than avoiding the entire family which I will not do)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,225,320 times
Hehe... there's this guy in my extended family who likes to hug women, and feel them up by running his hands all over their bodies, from their neck down to their thighs LOL, it's ssooooo funny to watch that I roll on the floor clutching my sides

Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM

47 posts, read 149,720 times
I know a family who is like that.... I just smile and point to where they can kiss.... sometimes I insist on **hugs** only.... reminding them that even simple "lip" smooching is left behind closed doors. Usually that keeps um off me. I'm open enough to tell them that without getting embarassed or worrying about what they think.... we're adults, right? I have friends that I kiss goodbye on the lips... both male & female... yet I choose who I wanna pucker up with After all.... how in the hell do I know where you mouth has been?!?!?!

I had a friend of my grandfather's who would hug the livin hell out of me.... I know it was because I was "big" chested... and I had enough meat on my bones that he could "grab" at me. I grew more uncomfotable as the years went by... and eventually I didn't allow him to hug me anymore... I'd just grab his hand & give him a hard - firm shake. He'd look @ me funny for a min... but never questioned it. Try the handshake with the ole man... he just wants something to squeeze anyways!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:36 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,225,320 times
it also makes me wonder what they have been doing back in the 1950s

Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM

434 posts, read 1,733,559 times
Default Eeewwww!!!!

Right now I can only offer you sympathy. If the hair on the back of my neck ever goes back down I will try to come back and offer and intelligent solution. Right now I have to go do the "I read a post that gave me the skeevies and now I'm all creeped out" dance. Sorry!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,922,479 times
Casually bring up a conversation on hep c, herpes and other icky viruses. LOL! Thats rude but...well...

How about air kisses? Just do the cheek to cheek thing, make the kissy noise and problem solved. Hopefully, others will follow your lead.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 PM

2,723 posts, read 6,391,933 times
I had a similar situation with a girlfriend. Her uncle used to like to hug her and grope while kissing her on the lips. She finally decided the best way to avoid this was to cross her arms in front and turn her cheek. It seemed to work.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 PM

284 posts, read 1,678,560 times
The "air kisses" are a great idea. I'm not a huggy person, so I tend to stand at a safe distance. With most huggers, it works. Other thoughts-- start coughing as they come in for the kill, sneeze, bend down to tie your shoe, need to excuse yourself suddenly, any duck and dodge maneuver. When I can't out maneuver the person, I will step to the side or even back a step to give the pat on the back quick hug. You could even pull back to look at their pretty color shirt, new hairdo, jewelry, etc. Distraction is a powerful tool.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,782,690 times
Lip kissin is "only" for my wife, anybody else gets a hug, and only a hug! http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/Thud.gif (broken link)

Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,782,690 times
That being said, it’s time to say that my boss can kiss my cheeks! http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/butt.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics