U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 PM

29,214 posts, read 52,337,169 times

Advertisements

This guy must not have any fear of heights at all.

“Finally, there was nothing more to climb. I was on top of the world,” said Alain Robert describing his feelings after completing his six hour-long climb to the top of the Burj Khalifa.

“It was a bit too windy and cold and the climb was not easy. As I was nearing the topmost floors the effect of the wind could be clearly felt. It felt as if the building was wavering,” he said.

There was no more to climb: Spiderman - Emirates 24/7
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 PM

8,566 posts, read 5,127,608 times
I get queasy climbing anything higher than
a six foot step ladder. I love heights as long
is there is no chance of falling to my death.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 AM

29,214 posts, read 52,337,169 times
I would have a parachute on incase the rope broke so I would have a chance to live.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:17 AM

296 posts, read 507,510 times
Well thank goodness he made is as far as he has without falling. I can't look over any ledge without that uneasy feeling. Damn you heights!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 AM

4,196 posts, read 5,954,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I get queasy climbing anything higher than
a six foot step ladder. I love heights as long
is there is no chance of falling to my death.
I would never be able to stand on that glass balcony..
We went to Disney a couple of years ago for my neice's 3rd birthday, I got a queasy sick feeling from the fourth floor balconey of the hotel.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:39 AM

2,175 posts, read 8,767,746 times
If everyone hated heights as much as I do, there wouldn't be a structure on earth more than one story high.
I've seen video of iron workers putting up steel for high rise buildings. I get queasy just watching that.
I wouldn't have to worry about slipping and falling, I'd just pass out and fall.
I admire and respect their bravery. I couldn't do it.
I would rather face a robber with a gun. I got one too.
I don't do heights. Wings I do not have. On the ground I have a better chance of being at least equal or better than whatever confronts me.
Way up there, I have no defense against gravity if something happens.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 AM

51,032 posts, read 43,930,256 times
I like heights when I'm enclosed and not on a scaffold.

That's also why I like to look at 50-story skyscrapers from a distance, but that's another thread.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:02 PM

296 posts, read 507,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
If everyone hated heights as much as I do, there wouldn't be a structure on earth more than one story high.
I've seen video of iron workers putting up steel for high rise buildings. I get queasy just watching that.
I wouldn't have to worry about slipping and falling, I'd just pass out and fall.
I admire and respect their bravery. I couldn't do it.
I laughed so hard your comment I'd probably pass out too. And yes, they are very brave and I respect them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics