Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,797,325 times

Advertisements

So when you can't sleep you get up and ask....

Today's Question: Do you have any Spring/Summer projects?

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is.

Bonus Question: Have you ever had a bat in your house? How did you get rid of it?

Quote of the Day: He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed. ~Harry Kalas, on Garry Maddox, 1981

Today in History:
1970 - Apollo 13 returns back safely to Earth
1937 - Cartoon characters Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Petunia Pig, debut
1934 - New Fenway Park opens, Washington Senators beat Red Sox 6-5
1421 - Dikes at Dort Holland breaks, 100,000 drown

[SIZE=2]Word of the Day: [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Nebulous [neb·u·lous] adj. 1. Lacking definition or definite content. 2. Lacking definite form or limits; vague: nebulous assurance in the verdict.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] Today is:[/SIZE]
Bat Appreciation Day
Blah, Blah, Blah Day
Ellis Island Family History Day
Nothing Like a Dame Day
Perigean Spring Tides
Palm Sunday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 02:57 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,504,485 times
Thanks for the QOTD GG... sorry you can't sleep, but it works for me as the questions are put up early as a result of your sleeplessness!

Today's Question:
Do you have any Spring/Summer projects? Well, it's autumn/winter here, but yes I have a few projects on the go or on the list.

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is. I have several of these I need to finish painting the laundry/bathroom which I started two years ago but had to stop when I got a frozen shoulder and a virus that made me dizzy. I should probably see if I can manage it now, but it's fiddly, and I still sometimes get vertigo and don't feel quite ready for the ladder. I also need to do something about the falling-down fence in the front yard and the overgrown shrubs which hamper the postman from delivering my mail.

Bonus Question: Have you ever had a bat in your house? How did you get rid of it?
There are literally hundreds of thousands of bats that fly over my house every evening at dusk as they make their way from the bat colony a couple of miles away to wherever it is they go to feed overnight. Sometimes there are so many, they completely cover the sky. Never had one in the house though. Do occasionally get a possum in the roof... solution is to put a light up there and leave it on 24/7. After 3 or 4 days the possums have had enough of the bright light and move out.

Quote of the Day: He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed. ~Harry Kalas, on Garry Maddox, 1981
I can relate to that... I used to be fit and happy.... now I am fat and hippy.

Happy Sunday to all.

Last edited by Kobber; 04-17-2011 at 03:11 AM..

Old 04-17-2011, 03:08 AM

16,772 posts, read 17,543,302 times

I'm debating what to do with a bit of land that is between two streams.

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is.

Nothing at the moment.

We have many bats round here. I'm not aware of any in the house, and if there were they are protected, so you can't remove them.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,036,298 times
So when you can't sleep you get up and ask....

The only project planned for this year is to get a lot of things done on my Jeep. I need to give it a good cleaning inside and out. Also need to get several things serviced on it. Now, if only I was 5,000 miles closer to home I could start working on the project.

I have a work related project that I started back in March. I only need maybe 5 more hours to wrap it up. Just can't seem to get around to doing it. However I am not concerned at this point as it is not due til the end of the year.

Does a baseball bat count? No? Then I guess I have not ever had a bat in the house.

Well I guess I had better start packing as once again it is off to Africa for a couple days.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,876,142 times
Today's Question: Do you have any Spring/Summer projects? Many. Not only at my house, but at my parents as well.

Painting. Inside and out. I hate painting.

Not in this house. We had, and still have bats at my parent's house, We would run & yell for my dad or brother who were just afraid as we were. I think they usually just opened a window & the bat would fly out eventually.

Have a good Sunday. I'm going to watch my grand daughters have "swim lessons" at the Rec Center. Not much of a lesson since they are 22 mos. and 7 mos. It's mostly float around with mama.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,965,745 times
Today's Question: Do you have any Spring/Summer projects? Naps.

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is. Not now.

Bonus Question: Have you ever had a bat in your house? How did you get rid of it? No bats but had a skunk as a kid.

Today in History:
1421 - Dikes at Dort Holland breaks, 100,000 drown

Word of the Day:Nebulous [neb·u·lous] adj. 1. Lacking definition or definite content. 2. Lacking definite form or limits; vague: nebulous assurance in the verdict.

Today is:
Bat Appreciation Day
Blah, Blah, Blah Day
Nothing Like a Dame Day
Perigean Spring Tides
Palm Sunday

Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,667,340 times
Yes, I need to seed and/or sod my front yard as well as the sides

I have painting that needs to be finished at my mother's house but I hope to get to all that this week

Bonus Question: Have you ever had a bat in your house? How did you get rid of it? No bats, thank goodness

Today is:
Bat Appreciation Day.................as long as it's from a distance
Blah, Blah, Blah Day...................I say blah
Ellis Island Family History Day......I'd love to look up my family's history someday
Nothing Like a Dame Day............that's right
Perigean Spring Tides.................
Palm Sunday.............................

Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,432,928 times
Good Morning

Today's Question: Do you have any Spring/Summer projects? Nope

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is. None here

Bonus Question: Have you ever had a bat in your house? How did you get rid of it? No....

Today is:
Bat Appreciation Day
Blah, Blah, Blah Day
Nothing Like a Dame Day
Perigean Spring Tides
Palm Sunday

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,217,155 times
Today's Question: Do you have any Spring/Summer projects? Nope!

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a project that you started but just haven't seemed to finish? Tell us what it is. Nope!

Nope! I love bats. I'd rather have a Myotis than a....a.....well, you know.

Today in History:

Bat Appreciation Day I'd appreciate it if bats would come visit here.
Blah, Blah, Blah Day~~~~>>> Iggy Pop - blah blah blah - Bing Videos
Nothing Like a Dame Day ~ Wontcha be my dame?

********** HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYBODY! I NEED A DAME! ************

Old 04-17-2011, 05:29 AM

48,404 posts, read 22,107,790 times
My garden is a continuous project.....to maintain, improve and expand.

I have an old family journal that I have been transcribing and thought I might like to have published ..... havent worked on it for several years now.

I remember a bat in a cottage at summer camp.....I am afraid my father stunned or killed it with a broom....I wasn't a party to the destruction detail; I know that bats are a valuable part of our eco-system.....(but you dont want them flying around your little kids bedroom).

Today in History:
1937 - Cartoon characters Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Petunia Pig, debut "and thats all folks!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics