U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM

4,689 posts, read 3,068,717 times

Advertisements

The old saying goes"bad things come in threes" if so I've got two down and one more to go.

These past few days I feel as if I've been jinxed . First my dog wasn't acting like his normal happy self so I take him (all 87 lbs) to the vet. He has had some kind of trauma (a possible fracture the xray didn't show a break) to his tail I have no idea how this happend. But thank goodness he is better and will have a full recovery.

Yesterday I'm sitting behind a truck at a stop sign waiting for my turn the guy in front of me puts it in reverse and hits me. Nothing serious and nobody was hurt. But still have to deal with some slight vehicle damage

I'm wondering what is going to happen next. But on the positive side if it doesn't get any worse than this I can handle it
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 AM

26,342 posts, read 89,978,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
The old saying goes"bad things come in threes" if so I've got two down and one more to go.

These past few days I feel as if I've been jinxed . First my dog wasn't acting like his normal happy self so I take him (all 87 lbs) to the vet. He has had some kind of trauma (a possible fracture the xray didn't show a break) to his tail I have no idea how this happend. But thank goodness he is better and will have a full recovery.

Yesterday I'm sitting behind a truck at a stop sign waiting for my turn the guy in front of me puts it in reverse and hits me. Nothing serious and nobody was hurt. But still have to deal with some slight vehicle damage

I'm wondering what is going to happen next. But on the positive side if it doesn't get any worse than this I can handle it
The last time those two things happened to me, I got an earache on my shin. So, bad things do come in threes.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:04 PM

43,349 posts, read 18,331,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post

My dad used to always say things happened in threes. I'm not superstitious, so the theory doesn't hold water for me.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,553,618 times
My mean older sister, her hubby, and their snarky, nippy little chihuaha!! In some cases, bad things happen in threes. I am not superstitious either. Poor little 'huaha is just a canine clone of sis....

Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,021,012 times
It always seems like it for me.. so for this year 2 down 1 to go.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,471,605 times
I dont know really. I just try to get through the hurdles as they come dont count then you will not be expecting another one haha

But, secretly I just say Next.....

But, keep smling Larksong!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 PM

4,689 posts, read 3,068,717 times
I'm not too worried about what's gonna come my way . Just really annoyed to have to hassle with with the unexpected stuff.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 PM

16,290 posts, read 30,525,618 times
Bad things happen to good people

Bad things happen to bad people

Good things happen to good people

Good things happen to bad people

Be happy that things are happening. when they stop happening that is called death. I am positive that their is a life after death but since this conversation has to do with the time we have here on earth I will limit my part of the discussion to that.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,471,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Bad things happen to good people

Bad things happen to bad people

Good things happen to good people

Good things happen to bad people

Be happy that things are happening. when they stop happening that is called death. I am positive that their is a life after death but since this conversation has to do with the time we have here on earth I will limit my part of the discussion to that.
Yes this is so true!

Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 PM

31,304 posts, read 31,275,105 times
Quote:
I’d have to say no. It seems that we always hear of this “things in three” occurring but in reality all that is happening is that we “look” for the next occurrence to happen. Eventually we see three, and if we continue to look we’ll see four or five or six.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics