Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,951,712 times

Advertisements

Good Morning... Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ?

Are you a money spender or a money saver?

Bonus Question(s):

Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places?

When was the last time you cried?

Extra Credit Question:

Food : Grilled or fried ?

What are you obsessive-compulsive about?

Weird Facts :

A shrimp's heart is in its head

Horses can't vomit

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months,
two rats could have over a million descendants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,253 times
Wow, pole position.... I was getting used to being on the last page.

Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ? It's just normal hot here. Low 90s. I drink water and turn the AC on to 82º.

Are you a money spender or a money saver? Both. I'm really good at saving and cutting costs, but I also love to shop.

Bonus Question(s):

Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places? It is really not good. I'm glad they banned it. I have asthma and try to hold my breath when I walk by people who are smoking, so I guess I have selfish reasons.

A few minutes ago. It's a very sad anniversary today.

Extra Credit Question:

Food : Grilled or fried ? Usually grilled.

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? Cleaning. We were out on our friend's boat and there were crumbs on the floor (put there by my kids) I had to make everyone move so I could pull up the carpet and get the crumbs off. Everyone rolled their eyes at me. But HOW can you enjoy yourself when there are crumbs on the floor?? Just a small example of my OCD. lol

Last edited by Maggi07; 06-11-2011 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,067 times
Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ?

It's certainly not hot here, bloomin' cold actually - winter has come early. I have a fire crackling in the fireplace! It's been at least 3 years since it was cold enough here to have a log fire.

Are you a money spender or a money saver? More of a saver than a spender, but with a weakness for travelling, which requires spending!

Bonus Question(s):

Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places?
I don't think they should ban smoking outside - unless they also ban polluting buses, trucks and cars.

I haven't wept in years, but I can certainly get tearful in sad movies or documentaries. And sometimes in happy ones too.

Extra Credit Question:

Depends what it is - grilled fish, meat and chicken; fried tomatoes, potatoes and mushrooms.

Where do I start?

Have a great weekend everyone - and please send me some of your hot weather... I can't cope with this chilly stuff!

Last edited by Kobber; 06-11-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 AM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ? Wetting down my boxers and tee shirts and then freezing them in the freezer before putting them on.

Are you a money spender or a money saver? I do both.

Bonus Question(s):

It's just fine and dandy if you're outdoors and not in an area where your smoke will be bothering others.

When was the last time you cried? The other night when I thought about a large pizza from Pizza Hut.

Extra Credit Question: Yayyy! I will buy Hoagie Rolls!

Food : Grilled or fried ? Grilled, for health reasons only.

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? Who? ME? food.

Weird Facts :

A shrimp's heart is in its head Cool....

Horses can't vomit ~ I guess that's a good thing, I don't know...

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit So is someone I know

two rats could have over a million descendants I used to do that, back when I was a young lil scallion!

Thanks for the QOTD! Have a yummy Saturday, friends!

Last edited by rainroosty; 06-11-2011 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times
[Good Morning... Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ? The weather has been in the high 60's to low 70's like normal. Just doing the same thing I always do.

Are you a money spender or a money saver? A little of both.

Bonus Question(s):

Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places?I don't smoke but I don't like rules that take away peoples rights. I also don't think that second hand smoke is a problem but do think that a smoker should ask the question; "Do you mind if I smoke?" before lighting up.

When was the last time you cried? I don't remember, but I am thinking it was when I saw my how little my income would increase from the previous year.

Extra Credit Question:

Food : Grilled or fried ? I like both.

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? The cushions from the couch being removed from the couch by my kids so they can jump on them.

Weird Facts :

Horses can't vomit

Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,068,491 times
Today's Question(s)

Working out at the gym instead of my usual hikes. Kayaking early in the morning instead of the afternoon.

[/b]

I'm proud to be frugal, and get a little thrill from getting a bargain and saving money.

Bonus Question(s):

As a former Californian I've seen too many fires started by cigarettes. Also, cigarette butts choke dogs and are disgusting litter. So since people are careless with the butts I'm not a fan of it--but I'm not sure I would ban it, either.

I'm recovering from surgery and have a lot of pain. I'm tearing up a lot right now, but it's getting better.

Extra Credit Question:

[b]
[font=verdana]Food : Grilled or fried ?

Grilled. No fried foods for me!

...better than where Weiner's was...

Horses can't vomit

Good thing considering how many people like to beat dead horses on internet forums.

...and so are internet posters who can't resist beating a dead horse.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 AM

44,346 posts, read 20,044,222 times
Today's Question(s)
It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ? Working indoors. Didn't have much of an opportunity to get outside this week..

Are you a money spender or a money saver? I'm more a saver. I'm frugal, but once in a great while I'll splurge on something extravagant, like the DSLR camera I bought last fall and the wii system I bought a few weeks ago.

Bonus Question(s):
Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places? My town changed almost all areas to smoke-free about 5 years ago. It's wonderful, to be able to eat in a restaurant now and not smell ciggy smoke. (Just having a separate smoking section never made that much difference.)

That said, I feel bad for smokers sometimes because they get a bad rap. It's not a character flaw, for Pete's sake! When they stand outside to smoke on a cold and snowy day, they look like outcasts huddled there. I think there should be places where people are allowed to smoke, as long as they don't interfere with non-smokers' rights not to smell and inhale it.

When was the last time you cried? Yesterday afternoon. A friend sent me a very beautiful and touching thank-you note, and it brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears!

Extra Credit Question:
Food : Grilled or fried ? Almost always grilled. However, my favorite casual restaurant, Redamak's in New Buffalo, MI, makes the best breaded and deep-fried veggies in the world, and I always order some when I'm there. (So it's probably a good thing that I only get there a couple times a year!)

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? Being on time; making lists and timelines. (If I ever get to retire, that's going to STOP! )

Weird Facts :
A shrimp's heart is in its head Sometimes I think that's where my heart is. I tend to think with my heart more than with my head sometimes.
Horses can't vomit I knew that. Somewhere along the line, I think I heard that rats can't vomit, either.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit Hahaha - get out! I love the word twit! Sometimes I'M a twit (but not a pregnant one ).
Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-11-2011 at 08:22 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 08:28 AM

7,332 posts, read 2,740,780 times
Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool? Working on our second week of temps in the area of 105...so I do what I do every summer...do my chores outside early and then stay inside with the AC! Fortunately our humidity stays between 3 and 10% so that helps....

Are you a money spender or a money saver? I can do both equally well!

Bonus Question(s):

I can go along with banning smoking inside buildings, but I have a problem with banning it outside when there are all those vehicles emitting even more noxious fumes!

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? The way books, especially my books are handled, as well as a few other things.

Extra Credit Question:

Food : Grilled or fried? Depends on what food it is!

Hope everyone has a super Saturday!

Old 06-11-2011, 08:40 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times
Today's Question(s)

Pretty cool in So CA. June Gloom has set in and it's overcast and misty outside.

A little of both, trying to make retirement funds last, but sometimes ya gota splurge.

Bonus Question(s):

If it doesn't annoy others and you dispose of butts properly-no problem.

Don't recall.

Extra Credit Question:

Grilled of course.

I don't think I have that.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:42 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good Morning... Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s)

It's been really hot across most of the country this week.. What have you been doing to stay cool ? We've been real lucky in my area. Only one 90 degree day so far this year so it's been bearable. It will heat up soon enough though, when it does I stay in the shade for sure!

Are you a money spender or a money saver? Both-I can and should be saving, lately I've been hitting the old bank book to fix up my old and ailing vehicles. The days of me buying a new car are long gone!

Bonus Question(s):

Recently they passed as law banning smoking in New York City in public places. What do you think about smoking in public places? Am a little surprised this hasn't already happened. I never smoked, am more tolerant on it than most people though. I worked around heavy equipment on power plants for nearly three decades so I know about smoke. But I fully understand why people don't like it. I don't know how people can afford to smoke! $45 to $50 bucks for a carton of cigarettes? Yikes!

My brother in laws father passed last October. Good man!

Extra Credit Question:

Food : Grilled or fried ? Absolutely grilled.

What are you obsessive-compulsive about? I think tunes would be a safe bet!

Weird Facts :

Horses can't vomit

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks BigMike50!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics