Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:

What kind of exercise equipment can be found in your home ? Unused...

Where does it "live" ? Basement

Do you use it ? No

lol Have you ever used it as a clothes rack ? Storage rack

Bonus Question:

Do you know the optional last 4 zip codes numbers for your zip code ? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

If I was to take a look under your desk right now, what would I see ?

Nothing... I haven't used it in months and were are going unload it and haul it to the basement for the garage sale we're having next year. Anyone in the market for a nice wood desk? How about a hard rock maple full bed with a bookshelf in the head board and two huge drawers in the foot? Unused mattress and box springs go with it if wanted...

Just for Fun:

lol I really really hope my parents don't come walking through my front door ? They've been dead for 30 years. That would scare the bejeezus out of me!

Today in History:
1847 - The first adhesive postage stamps went on sale
1862 - To help pay for the Civil War, the U.S. Congress established the Bureau of Internal Revenue on this day. President Abraham Lincoln signed the bill into law, making it possible for the feds to collect a three percent tax on incomes ranging from $600 to $10,000, and five percent on incomes over $10,000.
1874 - The first zoo in the United States opened in Philadelphia, PA.
1899 - Gideon Society established to place Bibles in hotels
1903 - 1st Tour de France bicycle race begins
1929 - U.S. cartoonist Elzie Segar creates "Popeye"
1943 - 1st withholding tax from paychecks
1963 - U.S. postal service institutes zip code system, Zone Improvement Plan

Word of the Day:

deciduous \dih-SIJ-oo-uhs\ , adjective;
1. Falling off or shed at a particular season, stage of growth, etc.
2. Shedding the leaves annually, as certain trees and shrubs.
3. Men around age 40 or so

July is:
National Hot Dog Month
Cell Phone Courtesy Month
Eye Exam Month
Woman's Motorcycle Month
National "Doghouse Repairs" month

July Birthstone: Ruby
July Flower: The Larkspur & Water Lily

Today is:
Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day
Zip Code Day
TV Commercial Day
Gingersnap Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
Vitamin Day
Early Bird Day
Whats Hiding Under Your desk Day

Bloggle

Haven't done a bloggle for a while.

Mrs. Tek has been having twinges for a couple of weeks and she was thinking kidney stone. Last night was the night. We went to the emergency room about 9:15 and got home about 1:30. She does have kidney stone, two in fact. Today she had to work because she had to sign time sheets so she slogged through it. Tonight she's a bit out of it and nauseous from the stones and all the meds. I'm glad I've never had one of those. One of them is in the tube and is 6mm (about 1/4") in diameter. She's been told she should be able to pass it, but ouch! Saying that, she has yet to take a pain pill since the emergency room visit. She has an appointment Tuesday with a Urologist.

In case none of you have noticed, it's gone from cool/warm and lots of rain to very, very hot and humid. 110 degree heat index today. During all this I keep trying to get yard work done and I'm not. I don't like to put down grass seed or trim limbs when the yard is all mud.

I did get my first area covered with seed and Curlex Wednesday. I started out again Thursday morning and turned around and came right back inside. Man it was nasty out there! If it will cool down 10 degrees I'll be out back trimming the next large limb off the ash tree and get grass seed and Curlex put down.

We were going to attempt putting the awning back up this weekend, but with Mrs. Tek in the dumps it will wait. It's too big and heavy to do myself. Sunsetters are nice, but not easy to install.

They just had a news story about people not traveling over the holiday weekend. Well, duh!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

...with Mrs. Tek in the dumps
Sorry to hear about her pain. Hope everything is fine, soon.

LFM 8}

Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,312 times
ahhhh the weekend begins. hope you all have at least 3 days off

Today's Question:

What kind of exercise equipment can be found in your home ?
a who-la-hoop

Where does it "live" ?
in the living room

Do you use it ?
not that much

lol Have you ever used it as a clothes rack ?
no

Bonus Question:

Do you know the optional last 4 zip codes numbers for your zip code ?
I think so. I recently moved and have to remember it again.

Extra Credit Question:

If I was to take a look under your desk right now, what would I see ?
a couple bags of recycle paper

Just for Fun:

lol I really really hope __
my ex __ doesn't come walking through my front door ?

Today is:
Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day
Zip Code Day - thanks for using it, although you don't need to
TV Commercial Day
Gingersnap Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
Vitamin Day
Early Bird Day
Whats Hiding Under Your desk Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics