Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times

Advertisements

Hello, kids. Happy Saturday to everyone! Today's Tip
is about road trips. Scroll on down and check it out!

GENERAL PACKING LIST FOR ROAD TRIPS

Remember to scale all items to the length of your road trip. If possible, share larger size items such as shampoo.

Here's the basic list:
  • Maps, reservation confirmations, printouts for attractions or restaurants you've booked. Keep these things in a zipper bag.
  • First aid kit for car.
  • Roadside emergency kit.
  • Road trip games/materials and any music you've compiled for your trip.
  • Every kind of battery charger you might need (cell phone, digital camera, MP3, etc.)
  • Flashlight with fresh batteries.
  • EZ pass or other electronic toll-collection system or change for toll booths.
  • Spending money - bring a small amount and your ATM card to get more cash as you need it.
  • Clothes for every day of your trip (less if your trip is over one week), extra socks and underwear, sleepwear, robe and slippers. Roll your clothes to prevent wrinkles. Don't forget a pair of good walking shoes/sneakers.
  • For trips over one week, bring a small bottle of Woolite or other gentle soap for hand washing your clothes, and a makeshift clothesline if you are camping.
  • Books and other reading material.
  • Prescription drugs. Bring more than you actually need for the trip in case your trip runs over due to unforeseen circumstances.
  • Grooming items like Clearasil, facial cleansing items, toothbrush, paste and floss, hair-care items, shaving tools and lotions, makeup and perfume.
  • Glasses and contact lenses.
  • Tweezers.
  • Sun block and hats; aloe gel for sunburn if you forget to wear the sun block or hat.
  • Hand sanitizer and hand lotion in small bottles.
  • Scissors, corkscrew/bottle opener, small knife. A compass if your car doesn't have a built-in one or if you plan on doing any hiking.
  • One large blanket - not only good for the cold but doubles as a picnic blanket. Pillows if there are nappers in your group.
  • Camera and film if not using a digital camera.
  • Snacks and beverages. Pack some tasty sandwiches or other food for the road. Enjoy a picnic at a rest stop and take the opportunity to stretch your legs instead of eating in the car.
  • Napkins and plastic utensils. Garbage bags for trash.
  • Bring a roll of paper towels and a roll or two of toilet paper for emergencies.

• Umbrellas and rain gear. Lightweight ponchos with hoods don't take up much room.
  • Small air freshener for motels that smell a little mildewy.
  • Bathing suits if you'll have an opportunity to swim at a hotel or at your destination.
  • Sunglasses.
  • Travel alarm clock with fresh batteries, if you must get up at a certain time on one or more days of your trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
You forgot the camera!

After all that packing I’m too tired for the trip and there isn’t any room in the car to get in!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
You forgot the camera!

After all that packing I’m too tired for the trip and there isn’t any room in the car to get in!
No, it's there nothing gets past our Pammy!

Quote:
Camera and film if not using a digital camera.
I'm not going anywhere without my digital camera....

Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
You forgot the camera!
No, I didn't. It' on the list! *hee hee*

Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Good tips. Also don't forget to gas up.

And if it's an extended road trip, look into servicing the vehicle first, especially an oil change, check wipers, tires and tire pressure.

Keep on truckin'...

Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Great list, Pam. These are all items that one needs for travelling. Okay, I'm packed. Where are we all going?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Great list, Pam. These are all items that one needs for travelling. Okay, I'm packed. Where are we all going?
I'm ready. Let's meet up and hit the road. Lordy, I'm in need of a vacation!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Good tips. Also don't forget to gas up.

And if it's an extended road trip, look into servicing the vehicle first, especially an oil change, check wipers, tires and tire pressure.

Keep on truckin'...
Great bonus tips, nitram!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,809 times
Excellent list Pam. Worthy of copying & keeping on file for our future road trips.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
No, I didn't. It' on the list! *hee hee*
Please excuse AKsarbeN ... He's having a blond moment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics