U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,636,480 times

Advertisements

If you are a smoker, does your spouse or other half likes to kiss you after a cigeratte?

I am a smoker, and I cant stand the smell of smoke on someone elses breathe. I know I am weird.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 12:33 PM

56 posts, read 298,347 times
i am not a smoker but my boyfriend is. he knows to brush his teeth after he smokes if he wants to kiss me!

yuckk. i hate ashtray mouth

Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 PM

766 posts, read 499,525 times
I am a smoker,my spouse quit 2 years ago.And begs me to stop, I will some day, but I use certs and lotion to cover up smell, I hate the smell of it.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM

52,842 posts, read 31,135,556 times
Well.. it depends on what you smoke!

I'm a non-smoker and never smoked a cigarette in my life.. at least not the ones that you can buy legally!

I never got into smoking the "funny stuff", I think I only smoked a total of 2 or 3 joints and that's about it, so I thank God I never had the desire to smoke anything.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 PM

3,099 posts, read 8,573,523 times
I'm a non smoker...got my husband to stop within a year after we married. Even tho he would brush his teeth/mouth after he would smoke, it would still be in his hair, his clothes, etc.

Kissing an ashtray mouth is one of the most disgusting things possible. Liz

Old 08-14-2007, 01:49 PM

7,517 posts, read 17,667,966 times
I use to smoke, but only about a pack a day (some smokers told me not to even call myself a smoker....they would say "I smoke more than that in one morning"). And, since my dad smoked a pipe, I tried that but didn't like it and stopped. Anyway, when I got involved with horses/rodeo, I switched from smoking to "dipping/chewing" using Coppenhagen/Skoal/Red Man. I figured that taking a spit was better than getting bucked off from dropping a cigarette on my horse. However, I did "dip/chew" that much either.....one can every two weeks. My using Skoal (dip) didn't bother my wife at all, but I'd only kiss her on the cheek when I had some in my mouth. A couple of years ago, I noticed that the Skoal was giving me an upset stomach at times, so I decided to quit using it. About a year later, I bought a can of Skoal to take fishing. I had one "dip", took it out of my mouth less than 2 minutes after putting it in and threw the can away when I got home. My wife and I were both proud/happy that I kicked the "dipping" habit.
Sometimes when I get nervous, I think about buying a can of "dip", but I don't. YES!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 29,628,222 times
Lightbulb just an Opinion

My wife and I both use to smoke but gave it up years ago. I can’t imagine paying the high price for cigarettes today and still know that it’s causing you harm as well as others. Seems that there are others who disbelieve the health issues but without debating them, smoking is a stinking smelly habit that shouldn’t be done in public. A smoker’s car inside stinks, and his home smells, and the clothing always has odors.

That’s the down side of smoking and I thank all the smokers for paying the extra tax to support so many worthwhile public projects.

I mean no disrespect to smokers ~ they have heard these comments and more for many others! I just wanted to toss in my 2 cents on the issue here.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM

7,517 posts, read 17,667,966 times
What gets me is this: why do some women get involved with a guy that smokes if they lady really doesn't like smoking and doesn't smoke herself. Do they compromise the smoking for other things?? And, if cigarettes are bad for people, what are cigars to people?? I use to smoke Cherry Tipperiolos (spelling not sure), but CIGARS??? If I took a puff of a good Cuban cigar, it would probably make me higher than a kite or knock me out cold.
And, what happened to pipes? My dad smoked a pipe all the time, but that was back in the 60's/early 70's. Since then, the only pipe smoking I've seen was in a movie where an Englishman was smoking a pipe.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:49 PM

13,625 posts, read 22,610,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
If you are a smoker, does your spouse or other half likes to kiss you after a cigeratte?

I am a smoker, and I cant stand the smell of smoke on someone elses breathe. I know I am weird.
Joe is not weird, because I am not weird..I smoked a half to one pack a day for years. I always hated the smell and never smoked in public or in my home or when I was pg. All my dirty habit was done outside during the hottest day of summer or the coldest day of winter. I finally just quit with taking chantix for about one week. I figured that after all these years of good health that I owed it to myself to not take any chances anymore.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM

16,482 posts, read 22,378,678 times
I smoked heavily (5 packs a days) for 5 years and quit cold turkey a year before I met my husband (1986). My husband smoked just a little when I met him and he decided on his own to quit. We do not smoke and our 4 children have literally never been around anyone that does. Not one of our friends or family smoke either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics