Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Ok,,, here’s the problem as I see it. Most all of us have heard on the news about products from China ~ everything from pet food that is killing our animals to toys that contain magnets or paint that will harm our children. I’m not making light of these two items as they both are very serious issues.

However I enjoy Chinese foods and eat out quite often. But I’m finding another problem that has gone undetected or at least not talked about in the news. Chinese fortune cookies have not had very good fortunes coming out, I’m getting worried that America has been a dumping ground for bad fortunes from China.

Here are a few examples of the recently received cookies I’ve had.

You will hear pleasant news.
You will have a happy adventure soon.
Happy events will take place shortly in your home.

Now mind you I don’t want to complain but these fortunes just didn’t happen or come true. Thus China is in fact dumpling lousy fortunes on all of us.

What I’d like to do is start this tread with NON Chinese fortunes that we can make up ourselves. There is no longer a need in America to have China provide Americans with their fortunes from offshore. If you and I can’t do this ~ then there is no hope for our futures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Thumbs up here are some of my American fortunes

Here are a few that I’ve made up for your fortune.

Life isn’t always what you might want it to be, live with it.

You’re dog will run away and get lost ~ be careful.

Mother-in-laws are always welcomed but also it’s nice to see them leave.

The tree of life starts at the roots in my back yard.

Barking dogs will cause you concern, but don’t worry ~ you’re home was robbed.

A new job will be coming soon, ~ you’re going to be fired.

Save for a rainy day, it will cost you more tomorrow.

If you can’t have fun at CD ~ you’re doing something wrong!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Smile fortune cookies with real messages in them

You will meet a rich man and live happily ever after. ~ not !

Friends and family will enjoy your next visit. ~ you think?

Your education and knowledge will serve you well. ~ so get a job now!

Moderators of C-D are some of the nicest people ~

Your coworkers respect and honor you ~ you just didn’t know it.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:31 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Something we always do with fortune cookies is add the words IN BED at the end of the message in the fortune cookies,some come out hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics