Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

I guess it's no different from short men jokes, redneck jokes, black jokes, etc.............Although sometimes they are not nice they can be funny if told with taste. I don't like jokes the perpetuate stereotypes but sometimes there is a small,I mean very small hint of truth hidden within the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
What are your thoughts about Blonde jokes? Do you think they are a riot, or are they just rude and mean?

Many say that they are no longer funny....and to prove it; they say we should have "Bitchy Brunette" jokes, "Angry Redhead" jokes, etc. They claim that labeling all blondes as dumb was started by jealous brunettes who are tired of the men drooling over blondes.

On the Internet there are jokes about brunettes, but when the brunettes read them they get very angry. It's not so funny when they are tagged.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
I'm blond and I love blond jokes!

Hair jokes are not a big deal.

I just looked through my email for the one about the blond flying to houston.... couldn't find it. Anyone have that one?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Off topic:

Why are womens feet smaller than mens feet?

So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink

Old 09-07-2008, 02:38 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
I think blond jokes are funny - I don't think we're offending blonds.

I also like Redneck jokes.

I'm a red head - I've never seen a red head joke, but I would laugh.

We need to lighten up and take everything in stride.

These innocent jokes are a nice diversion from all the tragedy and horror stories we read in the news.

It's great to start your day with a grin

Paula
You know how to get a redhead to marry you?

Tell her she's pregnant.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
It just all goes to show that actually Blondes are very good sports, and handle them well.

I am sure that some Blondes may be upset or offended...But, I can not recall hearing one complaining.

And, the truth is, almost all Blondes that I meet have really nice personalities, and are successful in life....So, the truth is, the jokes are simply jokes...

By the way, I am (or was) a brown haired guy...
Are you now a blond gal? Do I have a joke for you!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
Most of my friends including those who are blond, tell me I am a brunette with a blond soul.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I tried sending a few of the so-called hilarious 'blonde jokes' and used "brunette" instead. . . Wow! The brunettes were in an uproar about the jokes being offensive and cruel! So much for people "chilling" out. LOL Maybe the blondes have a better sense of humor?
I've noticed this myself!

I'm a natural blonde, and while generally the jokes themselves can by pretty funny, as someone pointed out it often depends on who is telling the joke and how they tell it. Some people really seem to think blondes are dumb. But I always tell those people that the blonde jokes are aimed at bleached blondes who are actually brunette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics