U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 AM

11,561 posts, read 11,283,223 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts about Blonde jokes? Do you think they are a riot, or are they just rude and mean?

Many say that they are no longer funny....and to prove it; they say we should have "Bitchy Brunette" jokes, "Angry Redhead" jokes, etc. They claim that labeling all blondes as dumb was started by jealous brunettes who are tired of the men drooling over blondes.

On the Internet there are jokes about brunettes, but when the brunettes read them they get very angry. It's not so funny when they are tagged.

Your thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 05:14 AM

9,715 posts, read 10,383,897 times
I've read brunette jokes and if they were funny - I'd laugh. If they weren't - I just moved on to the next joke. It would take alot to offend me in such a manner. After all, they are just jokes, right?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM

26,473 posts, read 26,247,538 times
Some can be funny, some can be not-so-funny. Theres a limit to any joke that relates to any one particular type of person. Some dont take to them too well, either.
I hear a lot of jokes about orientals but just brush 'em off. Ive gotten to where not much in the way of joking gets to me anymore, unless it relates to animal or child abuse.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:18 PM

3,402 posts, read 12,983,957 times
Some jokes are in really poor taste... others border the line of funny

Jokes that are directed towards particular races, or hair colorings, or job occupations.. or what not, well, the ones that are getting all hissy about them, are probably sensitive and insecure about something else.

For example :
A joke about someone's weight doesn't offend them... their weight does. and you're just rubbing it in. make sense?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 PM

26,473 posts, read 26,247,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
Some jokes are in really poor taste... others border the line of funny

Jokes that are directed towards particular races, or hair colorings, or job occupations.. or what not, well, the ones that are getting all hissy about them, are probably sensitive and insecure about something else.

For example :
A joke about someone's weight doesn't offend them... their weight does. and you're just rubbing it in. make sense?

Makes very good sense. Im gonna see if I can give you points here.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 PM

6,023 posts, read 13,248,517 times
Yes blonde jokes are cruel but I have learned something from hearing them.

I found out how to put a sparkle in a blond girls eyes.

You shine a flashlight in her ear !

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,064,293 times
I'm blonde, and I've never been offended by blonde jokes. Then again, I'm confident in my intelligence.

In fact, I use my "blondeness" as an excuse when I do something wrong. Hey - I said I'm smart, not perfect!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,903,264 times
It just all goes to show that actually Blondes are very good sports, and handle them well.

I am sure that some Blondes may be upset or offended...But, I can not recall hearing one complaining.

And, the truth is, almost all Blondes that I meet have really nice personalities, and are successful in life....So, the truth is, the jokes are simply jokes...

By the way, I am (or was) a brown haired guy...

Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 AM

7,373 posts, read 18,556,299 times
The blondes that I know think the jokes are funny. If I receive a blonde joke in email, I forward it on. They don't take offense to it. I don't know any "dumb" blonds in person. The ones on tv and music seem to be stupid.
I haven't heard any brunette or redhead jokes but I have heard tons of redhead comments.
Some are not pg-13 so I won't mention them.
I'll leave it at that.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 AM

2,071 posts, read 11,680,466 times
I think blond jokes are funny - I don't think we're offending blonds.

I also like Redneck jokes.

I'm a red head - I've never seen a red head joke, but I would laugh.

We need to lighten up and take everything in stride.

These innocent jokes are a nice diversion from all the tragedy and horror stories we read in the news.

It's great to start your day with a grin

Paula
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics