Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy.

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer?

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area?

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)

Extra Credit Question(s):

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure?

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket?

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)

Completely Unrelated Question(s):

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat?

Today is:
Computer Security Day
National Meth Awareness Day
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative)
Stay Home Because You're Well Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times

Today's Question(s):

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? not that I know of

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) Massive amounts of alcohol

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? nope never! I'm very hot blooded and never ever need a blanket

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) People look like giant babies

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? My date next to...my wife across I'm lucky my wife never reads my replies

Today is:
Computer Security Day

Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Today's Question(s):

Non!
Yup!
Those tracks are about a mile from me in San Antonio, Texas! Cross them all the time and knew the legends as a kid.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)

Bonus Question:

Not me!
How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)

Today is:
Computer Security Day
Thanks Spinx!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:24 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times
Question(s):

Non-Believer

Not really.

People often accuse me of over reacting. However these same people believe if they say "my bad" after really messing up, that it is ok.

I keep my zen packed in my flight bag. I only take it out once in a while.

Bonus Question:

Can't say that I have

I can safely say I have no idea what so ever what a "giant lazy adult onesies" is. Sounds like something you need to take drugs to cure it.

Sometimes one, sometimes the other. Since this is a completely unrelated question, I must also include something completely unrelated in the answer. We use to have a radio show in Anchorage called Desperate and Dateless. The show host would try to find dates for people. The host was a gruff old fart who was not known for tact. It was quite funny.

Today is:
Computer Security Day

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 11-29-2011 at 09:43 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Hola, mis amigos.

today's question(s):

what's your take on urban legends: Believer or non-believer? NON.

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Ehh the chupacabra, the Indian ghosts near Devils Backbone, the childrens handprints on the back of your car when you go down this road near some RR tracks, the donkey lady, midget mansion, just to name a few.

If so, what are they? (i know there's a rr track in texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)OOooops, see above!^^^^^^

extra credit question(s):

are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Depends what the situation is.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)If it's a big deal, I'll fix a cocktail, if it's a really big deal, I'll fix another one!

bonus question:

has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? I received one a couple years ago as a gift!

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on tv now? (lol @ that, btw)

completely unrelated question(s):

do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Ummm no!!!!

Today is:
Computer security day
national meth awareness day
rockefeller center christmas tree lighting (tentative)
stay home because you're well day

Thanks for the Q's today Spinx. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 11-29-2011 at 09:40 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Today's Question(s):

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Yeah, farther south in the Everglades.

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.) A type of Big Foot supposedly.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? Nope

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) Never seen one because I hate TV and don't watch it.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Where ever no one can take a picture to show my wife. Now if you believe that I have some bridges to sell in NY.

Today is:
Computer Security Day
Stay Home Because You're Well Day I can stay home because I'm retired.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Lordy, you people are quick.

PS - A date can be a spouse, too, you know.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? I don't really understand this question. A legend is just a story passed down which may be fact or fiction. I believe them if there's proof of their validity.
Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Every once in a while stories will resurface about supposedly haunted houses in this area. One of them is just a couple of blocks from my house.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Depends on what is happening, but sometimes yes, I over-react.
How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) I take deep breaths and tell myself to chill. It doesn't always work.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? I don't know what a snuggie-type blanket is.
How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) I'm not familiar with this product either.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? We usually end up at a square table and we sit at two adjacent sides instead of directly across from each other.

Today is:
Computer Security Day I just used Ccleaner for the first time a couple of days ago. That probably helped some with cleaning up potentially hazardous stuff.
National Meth Awareness Day Unfortunately, meth is quite common around here.
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative) I love Christmas trees and lights.
Stay Home Because You're Well Day Gosh, I sure wish I could do this.

Happy hump day, everybody!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-29-2011 at 09:59 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
Happy hump day!

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? non

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? I hear about people having ghosts living with them all the time.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? both. Depends what mood I am in.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) alot of mind control.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? I bought myself a pink one. I love it. And I bought my husband a blue one, he loves it too.

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) oh no

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? across.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Well, how very nice! Thanks for the early questions, Spinx; I'm not sure I'll have time to stop by in the morning, so I appreciate a chance to reply this evening.

Today's Question(s):

Oh, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool skeptic when it comes to those things. Not a believer at all.

Not that I've ever heard about, but then I wouldn't have tuned in to them anyway.

I'm pretty calm. It's the phlegmatic Midwestern nature, you know, we don't get our knickers in a twist often.

I don't really even think about it. After several decades of parenthood, one learns to react calmly no matter what happens, whether it's a kid getting hurt, a teenager ditching school or an adult kid announcing that he or she is moving in with a total loser-scumbag. You just learn to keep your cool, and that carries over into other areas of life as well.

Bonus Question:

A what? I don't think so.

I'm not a television watcher, so I'm not sure what those are. Although I must say that the mental image of an adult-size onesie is a mind-boggling one, and not in a good way.

My spouse and I generally sit across from one another when we're out just the two of us. When the whole clan comes along, we sit wherever we can find space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics