Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
What favorite activity would you like to spend a loooong day doing? ... that you can tell us about.

Fishing!

Bonus Question:
What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year?

Cleaning the bathroom.

Inquiring Minds Question:
Do/did you have any pets? If so what kind? A dog

Any funny or unique names? No.

Any unusual or exotic pets? I had a pet rooster once, his name was Rusty....lol.

Show us a picture, if you like, of a furry or furless friend.

Just for fun:
Recently I heard this rhyme, based on the Dean Martin song lyrics:
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore."
Only this was: When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray.
Share a fun rhyme with us, whether it's lyrics or just a line or two. Heard it just the other day or as a kid. Punny or not.

Here's the lyrics to a silly song my grandfather in Missouri used to sing to us while playing the piano when we were little kids....lol:

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
I'm going to the garden to eat worms!

Long, slim, slimy worms
Big, fat, juicy worms
Ooozy, ooozy, ooozy, ooozy worms!

The first went down easy
The second one tasted greasy
The third one nearly got my goat!

Long, slim, slimy worms
Big, fat, juicy worms
Ooozy, ooozy, ooozy, ooozy worms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:58 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Today's Question:
What favorite activity would you like to spend a loooong day doing? ... that you can tell us about.

Let's just say it involves Pierce Brosnan massaging my feet. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Bonus Question:
What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year?

Taking my sister in law out on the kayaks. Ooops sorry gotta go in now, it'll be dark soon....

No time for more, gotta run Pierce is calling and he brought the massage oil..... happy holidays everyone

Old 12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
In response to the "Just for Fun" question, try these on for size:

When an eel bites your hand
And that's not what you planned
That's a moray.

When our habits are strange
And our customs deranged
That's our mores.

Awesome! I see you followed a theme.

Lots of great rhymes of all kinds!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
I am completely in awe at MBW's verses.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:30 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
Sunny and in the high 40s today in the NV desert.

Today's Question:
What favorite activity would you like to spend a loooong day doing? ... that you can tell us about. I think the only thing I'd enjoy spending the whole day doing would be playing cards or reading.

What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year? Cleaning my house.

Do/did you have any pets? If so what kind? Two cats.

Any funny or unique names? They were both named when I got them, so nothing too unusual -- Meeky and Merlin.

Any unusual or exotic pets? Nope.

Show us a picture, if you like, of a furry or furless friend. The attached photo is Merlin. Meeky lives up to her name and is seldom seen.

Happy day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Today's Question, Thursday 22 December 2011-dsc02299.jpg  

Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Today's Question:

I had the best 3 hour conversation with an adorable co-worker yesterday. I would love to get to know him better.

Bonus Question:
What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year? work

Do/did you have any pets? If so what kind? oh, yes...

Any funny or unique names? one or two

Any unusual or exotic pets? just the usual, cat+dog+goldfish

Show us a picture, if you like, of a furry or furless friend.

Just for fun:
Recently I heard this rhyme, based on the Dean Martin song lyrics:
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore."
Only this was: When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray.
Share a fun rhyme with us, whether it's lyrics or just a line or two. Heard it just the other day or as a kid. Punny or not.

My rhyme is probably too dirty for this arena.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,735 times
Today's Question:
What favorite activity would you like to spend a loooong day doing? ... that you can tell us about. Backpacking or horseback riding.

Bonus Question:
What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year? painting

Do/did you have any pets? YES.If so what kind? Not as many as a year ago. The snakes are living with my son. We have borzoi, a french bulldog, a cat, a cane toad a yellowfoot tortoise, a frog , horses, finches, canaries, a quail and a very large food bill!

Any funny or unique names? a few

Any unusual or exotic pets? Yes

Show us a picture, if you like, of a furry or furless friend. This is Tut

Old 12-22-2011, 09:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Today's Questions

What favorite activity would you like to spend a loooong day doing? ... that you can tell us about. ....Hiking along a mountian stream and fishing.

Bonus Question:
What least favorite activity do you wish could be reserved for one very short day a year? ...i'm stumped

Do/did you have any pets? If so what kind? ......I got a few dogs, a cat, a bird and a turtle, to be fair I have a dog and my wife has the others.

Any funny or unique names?....None I should say here or in public.

Any unusual or exotic pets?...a turtle

Show us a picture, if you like, of a furry or furless friend. ..none on this computer

Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 PM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Do/did you have any pets? If so what kind?

I realized I should have mentioned the pets I had in the past, so this will be an addendum to my original response. Growing up, I've had a long-haired calico cat, 2 seal point Siamese cats (at different times, not at the same time), a Yorkie/Pomeranian mix dog and most recently, a domestic shorthair cat. The furry, 4-legged animals I've had were wonderful companions and very entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics