U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 AM

15,225 posts, read 15,804,028 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I'm pleased to say that I've walked downstairs to a fully functioning kitchen for the first time in over four months. There's some decoration to do which will be finished very soon, but everything is working.

Mrs J has treated us to a new toy. It's a drinks maker and you insert a pod which contains what is needed to make all types of coffee, chocolate and tea.

To be frank I was against it for the following reason. In order to work it needs a specific and expensive pod made for that brand of machine.

That gave me the idea for today's peeve.

Last year we sold our Saab convertible and many will know the problems that that company is going through. Other companies go, and maybe one day it will be difficult to get those drinks pods for that machine?

Today's peeve is;

Getting hold of spare parts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 AM

114,769 posts, read 60,717,517 times
Sounds like a Keurig K-Cup machine! We love ours....it's pricey unless you were drinking la te da coffee already. We wouldn't have ever bought one most likely. This one was a nice gift from the grateful son of a lady my wife helps. Buying the k-cups and distilled water will clean you out $$.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:44 AM

42,298 posts, read 55,783,229 times
I have several items that I have spare parts stored away for knowing that some day they may not be available anymore.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:58 AM

114,769 posts, read 60,717,517 times
Me too Nitram and usually I never ever need the parts i have spares for. But, anything I don't have spares for always...

Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 AM

25,720 posts, read 25,867,317 times
...Or getting hold of parts at all! Back in Az it was hard to come across a part I need for electric window on my truck, even salvage yards, they must be in high demand, as far as I can guess, because a lot of people I know who have these type of trucks, seem to have the same problem, the electric window thing breaks. When I moved to Calif, the radius of where I lived, same thing, hard to come by (used). Now out here its the same. Of course I can have Dodge order one new, but it'll cost triple what its worth, especially as old as the truck is. Good one!!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 AM

35,103 posts, read 46,847,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm pleased to say that I've walked downstairs to a fully functioning kitchen for the first time in over four months. There's some decoration to do which will be finished very soon, but everything is working.

Mrs J has treated us to a new toy. It's a drinks maker and you insert a pod which contains what is needed to make all types of coffee, chocolate and tea.

To be frank I was against it for the following reason. In order to work it needs a specific and expensive pod made for that brand of machine.

Last year we sold our Saab convertible and many will know the problems that that company is going through. Other companies go, and maybe one day it will be difficult to get those drinks pods for that machine?

Today's peeve is;

I love that machine in my local Office Depot but I always get a free cup of coffee out of it...LOL Personally I would not get one but I drink the same plain dark roasts blend coffee all the time. Not exactly the same, I mix and match depending on what is on sale. Folgers or Maxwell House but always the dark roasts.

As far as those pods go, they could eventually go away however, I doubt it will be anytime soon. The popularity of those machines will keep them around for a while. My only suggestion would be to pick up an extra box for them each time you go to the grocery or department store and when they go on sale around the Holidays.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:37 AM

33,524 posts, read 14,322,996 times
I love my Keurig!! It's my little treat for myself, heck, I don't spend money on anything else so...

I hope they are around for a long time.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM

11,874 posts, read 10,436,966 times
OMG that coffee machine sounds like heaven. Must try to find one. Good on Mrs. J. for giving y'all a treat. After all those remodeling headaches it's well deserved.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 AM

43,856 posts, read 47,753,049 times
Sometimes I FEEL like a spare part.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM

42,808 posts, read 17,736,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Today's peeve is;

Congrats on the fully functional kitchen, Jez!

Good peeve. We can never know which products will remain popular. When something goes out of style and off the market, it can be a real pain in the arse to find replacement parts.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics