U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

29,306 posts, read 52,984,541 times

Advertisements

Provo, UT (AHN) - Frustrated that they hadn't shot any deer during the archery deer hunt, two teenagers in Orem, Utah, have admitted to hunting nine cows last month.

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources conservation officer Paul Davis said in a statement the boys, whose names have not been released, confessed to shooting the cows repeatedly with arrows over a two-week period.

Unsuccessful Deer Hunters Choose To "Hunt" Cows Instead | September 14, 2007 | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008484235 - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,820,892 times
Deer and cows are fierce and dangerous animals - just because they both stand still and stare at you doesn't mean in a second they won't attack.

sick kids....

Old 09-14-2007, 05:43 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,410,143 times
What's the difference between killing a cow and killing a deer? It's disgusting to kill something for recreation full stop.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 PM

54,099 posts, read 32,528,045 times
It always takes a couple of bad apples to ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope the public won't get the impression that all hunters are as irresponsible as those individuals.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM

8,000 posts, read 18,034,993 times
No, we don't all think that Mike. Here's a story my brother emailed me last night, not sure if it is true, but I sure hope so, it's a great story, but you never know with all the false emails these days. Anyway, here goes, hope it turns out ok, I had a lot of cutting and pasting to do:

Last Saturday morning, my buddy Bo Warren and I were trolling for stripers in the Chesapeake Bay. We were 1½ miles offshore in about 80 feet of water contemplating why the fish weren't biting. We looked back to check our gear and saw something odd in the water. Was it a seal?
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Can't be, we don't have seals around here. On closer look, it turned out to be a buck that was WAY off course. He was desperate and barely staying afloat. I've seen deer swim a river or bayou before. When you see that, the first thing you notice is that they are powerful swimmers. Their head and shoulders are out of the water and they make surprisingly good headway.

This critter was just keeping his nose up and looked like he'd been swimming all night long. In fact, he was so worn out that he swam toward the boat probably thinking it looked enough like land to him. When he got closer though, he wasn't sure what to make of the two dudes on board, and backed off. So, since the fish weren't biting, we thought we'd give this buck a hand. Turns out Bo grew up around cows and was really handy with a bowline. He lassoed the deer on the first shot!

Bo grabbed his neck, I grabbed the flank, and we barreled over backwards into the boat. Before I knew it, Bo was on top of him and had him tied up just like a calf.

We hit the gas and ran him to the closest beach - Kent Point . I beached the boat and we carefully unloaded the deer onto the sand. The whole time we kept thinking he was going to kick the hell out of us. He never did though, he was totally spent. We untied him and jumped back. Too weak to stand, he just sat there quivering. We even picked him up again and put his feet underneath him, but he still couldn't walk. Don't know if he made it or not, but I think his chances were vastly improved.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:36 PM

Absolutely awesome Mjb! I hope that my other post was taken in jest..

You can tell she needed some help - you guys are great...

Old 09-14-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It always takes a couple of bad apples to ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope the public won't get the impression that all hunters are as irresponsible as those individuals.

You are also correct in that one...

Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 PM

61,281 posts, read 83,432,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Provo, UT (AHN) - Frustrated that they hadn't shot any deer during the archery deer hunt, two teenagers in Orem, Utah, have admitted to hunting nine cows last month.

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources conservation officer Paul Davis said in a statement the boys, whose names have not been released, confessed to shooting the cows repeatedly with arrows over a two-week period.

Unsuccessful Deer Hunters Choose To "Hunt" Cows Instead | September 14, 2007 | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008484235 - broken link)
how sad. they went from being hunters, a respectable activity, to being criminals. now they no longer bear the name, hunter.
stephen s
san diego, ca

Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
What's the difference between killing a cow and killing a deer? It's disgusting to kill something for recreation full stop.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,465,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
I agree as well, but I will go out and go fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics