Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Lottery/Gambling Winnings
$1 - $100 24 39.34%
$101 - $1,000 10 16.39%
$1,001 - $10,000 14 22.95%
$10,001 - $25,000 1 1.64%
Higher than $25,000 5 8.20%
I never won anything 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times

Advertisements

I'd buy my dream house in Scranton's Hill Section:

I'd rent some space in the second floor of the soon-to-be-restored Connell Building so I could live within walking distance of my own Center City CPA practice. The building can be seen here:

http://www.precisionrg.com/assets/images/photo-connell.jpg (broken link)

I'd buy myself the following car to be used for occasional joyrides:

All three would combine to lure myself this male model to claim as my own:

http://www.gareth-watkins.com/gareth/images/male_models.jpg (broken link)

I'd then buy us two pampered pooches, Sierra and Mackenzie:

http://www.blowinginthewind.com/shop/dbimages/1351-GoldenRetrieverPuppy30pcSmall.jpg (broken link)

If all went well, I'd also like to drive one of these around the rush-rush urban streets of Scranton (That would be a frighteningly-quick commute down from the Hill Section in the mornings!) :

http://masseynews.massey.ac.nz/2004/Massey_News/aug/aug16/images/segway-VC-2.jpg (broken link)

I'd also send the following assortment of Marie Belle chocolates back to my secret admirer from Manhattan:

Finally, I'd love to have a third "pet" to slap around whenever I got a bit too angry. This would be the best "stress reliever" of the entire Electric City for sure!:

http://www.dcpox.com/images/bushflu1.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
I think I'd get me a new pickup.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,689 times
First, I'd quit my job. Then I would buy the 6 unit building I live in, and evict everyone - so I could have it all to myself. Then, I'd take my dream vacation to "no where in particular". Get in a small RV and drive and keep going for a few months. See the real USA. I guess I should buy a lotto ticket first

Old 02-28-2007, 05:32 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
If i won the lottery, i'd go to work the next day with an ice-cooler full of beer. I'd sit on my ice-cooler and drink away until security hauls me out of 'work'!

Well, i played the lotto, checked my numbers, much to my demise, it looks like i won't be bringing a cooler full of beer to work any time soon! (dang it)

The Mega-Millions, which nobody won, is up to 267 million! Time to buy another ticket before Friday!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:21 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,545,925 times
I would spend a third and invest the rest. If I won enough to live comfortably on the investment dividend and interest, I'd quit my job - but leave the assets at my company with my brokers.

With that third, I'd hopefully be able to buy a house in a decent area well away from Los Angeles! After that, I would help people who have helped me - my father, my brother, and a few good friends.

I might allocate some money in my head to be put aside for my children, but I don't think it's a good idea to give young people a lot of money. They need to learn the value of a dollar and how much they have to work to earn the things they want!

All of this is just a dream. Why? Because I always forget to play the lottery!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
SCrantonwilkesbarre, that is too funny. Question on what you want to drive around the streets....that was the segway you were talking about, right???

Oh, and if I 'fess up to being your secret admirer, would you share the chocolates with me???? ;-)

jgussler, ah jest luv yer truck, honey.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
SCrantonwilkesbarre, that is too funny. Question on what you want to drive around the streets....that was the segway you were talking about, right???

Oh, and if I 'fess up to being your secret admirer, would you share the chocolates with me???? ;-)

jgussler, ah jest luv yer truck, honey.
Yep. That'd be a segway. I fell in love with it when I saw Niles (David Hyde Pierce) tooling around on it during an episode of Frasier! I'm just not sure how good the stability control is on it---my future neighborhood is a very hilly one! LOL! Sure, I'll share the chocolates with you---just get Marie Belle to open up a store in Scranton, and I'm all set!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Those chocolates looked absolutely yummy, that's for sure. ANd here I sit, just dying for some of my mom's world famous fudge. mmmmmmm....

Old 02-28-2007, 06:22 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,265,553 times
I think it would be fun to live in different places every year.

I'd start by getting a permanent base near my NYC son, possibly Gramercy Park or one of those new condos by the marina in Jersey City for the view. Then I'd live a year, or maybe six months each in Paris, the French countryside, Switzerland, Ireland, England, Prague, all the while taking side trips and classes (Condon Bleu, language, painting, university). I'd tour all the grand estates and gardens, go to concerts, cafes and nice restaurants. Have the kids and friends stay with me wherever I was for as long as they could. San Diego to see my cousin, Miami and Key West for my other son, visit old friends all over the rest of the country. If I made enough I'd buy places in some of these spots.

Love to get a master's at a top Ivy, but afraid I'd be having too much fun with all the above. I'd help the homeless, especially families and vets, and set up trusts for my kids and grandkids.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Question Lottery tickets ~ Power Ball

Lottery tickets! Do you buy em’ and do you win? I’ve got some “special” numbers but they never come up with anything. However we (wife & I) keep buying the tickets. They say you’re more likely to get hit by lightning ~ well I’ll stand in the rain if it would help me win just one good PowerBall.

It’s a voluntary tax and the money goes to the state for something ~ anyone really know what the state does with your money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics