Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Lottery/Gambling Winnings
$1 - $100 24 39.34%
$101 - $1,000 10 16.39%
$1,001 - $10,000 14 22.95%
$10,001 - $25,000 1 1.64%
Higher than $25,000 5 8.20%
I never won anything 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:12 PM

502 posts, read 2,291,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
1) Give my parents a little money (they have enough already, I'm the one who needs it).
2) Pay off my cousin's college education and set up trust funds for each of my neices and nephews. And buy the one who just turned 16 a new Porsche and Hummer.
3) Buy my father the 1967 Corvette 427/435, 1968 Yenko Camaro, and 1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda he dreamed of as a teenager.
4) Buy my mother a new Lexus LS460.
5) Buy a large ranch in Montana, a home in Houston close to my relatives, and a mansion in Hawaii.
6) Pay off my mortgage.
7) Buy a few dozen vehicles that I've always wanted.
8) Take a trip around the world with a few friends.
9) Buy some solid stock, more shares of Berkshire Hathaway.
10) Put the rest in the Swiss Bank Account.

Then just live my life, I'll probably keep my job. I'll also tell a few people to go where the sun don't shine.

Ohh...and I'll call my old classmates and rub it in their faces.
That Corvette sounds nice. I'm gonna have to add that to my list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 04:31 PM

502 posts, read 2,291,008 times
I'm also going to add:

Move the UN to the Desert!!!!!! They are seriously killing me this week with all the traffic in NYC.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM

183 posts, read 1,261,077 times
start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,140,924 times
I've always wanted a 1966 Chevelle SS. The speed limit here is 35 in most of town, so I imagine it would be no fun to drive.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:36 PM

421 posts, read 465,461 times
It would depend on how much i won...if under 10mil..knock down my house and build a 2 story all CB house, including the roof. If more then 10mil, i'd buy all the houses and lots that surround me...build a park for the kids. Buy a building to have a thrift shop for the poor where everything in the store was $1.00...call it a dollar thrift shop. It would also be a shelter with a food pantry. I'd buy my dream car..a Jag.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,312,599 times
In my own little fantasy world, I'd buy an island, and move only the people I like there. And they lived happily ever after, the end.

In reality, well, in reality, I'd never actually win the lottery, but let's say I did. I would pay off any debts. I would put money away for each child, if they didn't go to college (hopefully they all will) I would make them invest it in real estate and some other wise investments. I would buy a giganto property and build a few other homes on it somewhere in Maine. Then when the kids got older, they could all live on my property but in their own homes (while making money on their real estate investments)...then I'd get to see all my kids everyday and they'd hate me but it would be worth it. I'd pay off my mother-in-law's debts (don't have my own parents anymore) and buy her a house close by. I'd give some money to my closest family members and friends who need it. (and maybe they would buy more property near us in Maine). I would buy a beach house in Ocean City, MD and a time share for anywhere else in the country that I could use it. I would donate money to child-disease researches, some to all of them (i.e. cancer, heart problems from birth, etc.) I would also donate money to animal resuces, get a few dozen dogs of my own, a horse, a lawyer and financial consultant (well, that would probably be first)...I'd also try to buy Johnny Depp and Joe Elliott as my love slaves (my husband wouldn't mind because I'd let him quit his job and play playstation all day). And then I would live a long, happy, healthy and very sexually UNfrustrated life and die in my sleep as an old lady...the end.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:20 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,953,553 times
I already love where I live and I own my home free and clear and have no debts. But... if I won a huge amount on the lottery, I'd buy my parents land near me and build them a house of their own choosing and design. I'd pay off my sister's mortgage. I would redo my kitchen with granite countertops, a new cooktop, and change over most of the cabinet doors to paned glass as I like the look of that. I'd have about an acre of forest behind my house cleared and the tree trunks and stumps removed so I could have an enclosed pasture for two donkeys (I love donkeys, they're so smart, loveable, and they are like overgrown dogs). Then I'd buy a small condo in Germany near Freiburg so I could live in my own home there while visiting friends instead of having to stay in their "WOMO" (it's their dilapidated motorhome and they aren't the best housekeepers... !) Then I'd buy a large amount of U.S. gold Eagles and Silver eagles and store them. I'd give my uncle by marriage enough money to buy a house, afford health insurance, and not worry about life so much (He lives in the coastal boonies of Northern California and my blood aunt, his first wife, died of leukemia in 1988). He's had a rough life and he's a good guy. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd do for now...except maybe go book shopping more often and not hesitate to spend $30 on a book I want! Oh yeah, I forgot...I'd actually BUY the filet mignon steaks I drool over in the supermarket instead of just looking at them with flowing salivary glands!! My family says I'm a tightwad...but I'm also the only one besides my parents (dad retired from being a pilot at United Airlines flying 747's and made more than enough...they ain't hurtin') who owns his home outright and has no credit card, loan, or auto debt! So even though I wore underwear that still had my name stenciled on it with my SSN# from Navy Bootcamp in 1981 which I finally threw away two years ago, rarely buy new clothes, and won't buy brand cereal in the supermarket because I think $4 + for a box of cereal is OUTRAGEOUS... I do spend when I want something!!! I guess it's all a personal character trait

Last edited by MoMark; 09-20-2006 at 06:31 PM..

Old 09-20-2006, 06:36 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,953,553 times
Default You my dear are hilarious pixieshmoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
In my own little fantasy world, I'd buy an island, and move only the people I like there. And they lived happily ever after, the end.

In reality, well, in reality, I'd never actually win the lottery, but let's say I did. I would pay off any debts. I would put money away for each child, if they didn't go to college (hopefully they all will) I would make them invest it in real estate and some other wise investments. I would buy a giganto property and build a few other homes on it somewhere in Maine. Then when the kids got older, they could all live on my property but in their own homes (while making money on their real estate investments)...then I'd get to see all my kids everyday and they'd hate me but it would be worth it. I'd pay off my mother-in-law's debts (don't have my own parents anymore) and buy her a house close by. I'd give some money to my closest family members and friends who need it. (and maybe they would buy more property near us in Maine). I would buy a beach house in Ocean City, MD and a time share for anywhere else in the country that I could use it. I would donate money to child-disease researches, some to all of them (i.e. cancer, heart problems from birth, etc.) I would also donate money to animal resuces, get a few dozen dogs of my own, a horse, a lawyer and financial consultant (well, that would probably be first)...I'd also try to buy Johnny Depp and Joe Elliott as my love slaves (my husband wouldn't mind because I'd let him quit his job and play playstation all day). And then I would live a long, happy, healthy and very sexually UNfrustrated life and die in my sleep as an old lady...the end.
My, my!! That was a LOT of information to share pixie!!!! !!!!! I had visuals from A - Z on this posting!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,312,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
My, my!! That was a LOT of information to share pixie!!!! !!!!! I had visuals from A - Z on this posting!!!

I hope you enjoyed your visuals because you have obviously never seen me (nah, my husband thinks I'm hot, so did other people....before the wedding ring put that blinding shield up around me LOL). I'm glad you think I'm funny, but I really did mean what I said about buying JD and JE....someday I will!!!!!!!! (oh yeah, and the other stuff too)

Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,272,856 times
I'd try to remember to breathe first
Pay off my debt
Make sure my family was taken care of
Take a nice vacation
Then find my dream home in San Antonio
And Relax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics