Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Lottery/Gambling Winnings
$1 - $100 24 39.34%
$101 - $1,000 10 16.39%
$1,001 - $10,000 14 22.95%
$10,001 - $25,000 1 1.64%
Higher than $25,000 5 8.20%
I never won anything 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,308,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
So, you wouldn't mind if I come to your bash, even if I can't make up my mind between McConauhey and Pitt?
Of course not, you know you're invited...you just won't get a chair since you're on the fence LOL!!!! (duh, that was corny)

I was thinking, maybe we'll invite Brad too (I'm already buying Johnny Depp and Joe Elliott, I may as well buy the other two while I'm at it), then they can mud wrestle or something (wait girls do that...what do we get the guys to do?) ...we can place bets on it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,601,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Of course not, you know you're invited...you just won't get a chair since you're on the fence LOL!!!! (duh, that was corny)

I was thinking, maybe we'll invite Brad too (I'm already buying Johnny Depp and Joe Elliott, I may as well buy the other two while I'm at it), then they can mud wrestle or something (wait girls do that...what do we get the guys to do?) ...we can place bets on it too.
I'm all for it. Bring 'em all. And, who says guys can't mud wrestle? Could be pretty doggone entertaining. Don't worry about the chair. I can bring my camp chair. It's very comfy, even has cup holders. A coke in one, and a bag of peanut m&m's in the other, and I'll be happy. Oh, and maybe my binoculars, in case I'm sitting in the back of the room. Then I won't miss anything! (See, you're not the only one who can be corny. )

Old 09-25-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I'm all for it. Bring 'em all. And, who says guys can't mud wrestle? Could be pretty doggone entertaining. Don't worry about the chair. I can bring my camp chair. It's very comfy, even has cup holders. A coke in one, and a bag of peanut m&m's in the other, and I'll be happy. Oh, and maybe my binoculars, in case I'm sitting in the back of the room. Then I won't miss anything! (See, you're not the only one who can be corny. )

Uh uh...no back of the room...we're ALL getting front row for this...we'll put our chairs in a circle around them (so they can't escape)

Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,601,686 times
Quote:
Uh uh...no back of the room...we're ALL getting front row for this...we'll put our chairs in a circle around them (so they can't escape)
Now, that I like, especially about them not getting away! And, don't forget those bongos!!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,767,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
What a wonderful idea! I just love Sister Wendy! (May I tag along?)

This is a terrific idea for a thread! What comes to mind so far is...

> Open centers to uplift and heal the spirits and bodies of abused and neglected children.

> Hire an entire staff to clean, cook, do laundry, tend to the yard - handle all the drudgery of life.

> Travel to as many destinations on this beautiful planet of ours as one could possibly fit into a lifetime.

> Send ten kids to college who would not otherwise be able to go.

There's a start.
Of course you can come.

And thanks for the chair Pixieschmoo...

...and we'll need somebody who speaks Italian. I've got friends in Perugia...(we don't want to pay the tourist tax in the Roman cafe and bistros!)

Old 09-26-2006, 07:54 AM

Your welcome Chaz (I hope you enjoy that comfy chair, I spent a lot of money on it)

Chaz, I also know a little Italian, but you'd have to keep in contact with me by phone (since I can't stand flying, I wouldn't actually be going with you guys).

CelticLady, I'm down with the mud wrestling, but of course, someone needs to wipe them clean afterward...... (we'll do a raffle for that)..... Oh and who gets to take them home at the end of the night? Oh wait, that would be ME since I now OWN THEM!!!!! Go me, go me....okay, I'll share (but only MM and BP)

Did I mention that with all this money, my husband would have a "pad" of his own to go hang out in while we held the mud wrestling competitions. No famous woman for him of course (I might be rich, but I'm not stupid)! LOL

Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM

21 posts, read 86,859 times
If I won the lottery I would
1. pay off my parents house.
2. pay off my sister an my student loans
3.buy a new car
4. invest some of the money
5.go on a shopping spree
I would also ignore the money hungry family members and friends that want to suddenly become my best friend.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,767,539 times
Quote:
Your welcome Chaz (I hope you enjoy that comfy chair, I spent a lot of money on it)

Chaz, I also know a little Italian, but you'd have to keep in contact with me by phone (since I can't stand flying, I wouldn't actually be going with you guys).
It's ok - we're taking an ocean liner. Cunard line. Sister Wendy's not big on flying either, but I've talked her into some fine dining. She's earned it. She's going to be giving a slide show on The Italian Renaissance / Michaelangelo and The Medicis every afternoon at 4 in that little conference room off the **** deck.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:04 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,370,770 times
1. Buy a 17,000 square foot super-mansion about 10 miles away for $4.8 million
2. Pay off rest of parents mortage and buy them a 4 or 5 year old $1.3 million McMansion in a subdivision about a mile away from home
3. Get myself a Lincoln Navigator, a BMW z4 and a Jeep Commander (for times I don't feel like driving an expensive car)
4. Pay off older brothers mortage and get him and his girlfriend a bigger house (if they want it)
5. Pay for rest of younger brothers college
6. Buy cars for people (Audi A6 for dad, grand cherokee for mom, lexus rx400h for little brother, mazda 6 for older cause thats what he wants)
7. Buy vacation house in the country and another in a warm climate (maybe Miami or bahamas)

Then who knows what to do with the rest...but I won't quick my job since im just starting a fulltime job (may college grad) as a real estate estate.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:39 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,944,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
I'd buy a few pieces of better furniture too, darn it.

I'm starting to sound like my father (this is just inevitable, I suppose) there isn't a single chair in the house I can sit in comfortably - with the exception of the chairs on the deck...
You've GOT to spring for a comfy chair that hugs you when you sit in it!!! What's really weird in my house is that my formal living room set is the most comfortable furniture in the house. The loveseat just pulls you in and wraps you up in sofa-love!! With a blanket thrown over me and my legs curled up beneath me while snug on that love seat...life is bliss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics