Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What song makes you stop what you are doing and pay attention to nothing else when you hear it?

"So Small" by Carrie Underwood:

Carrie Underwood - So Small - YouTube

What is it about that song that you like so much? It's a great song with a great message! It's a reminder to me of how we often tend to focus on our problems too much and fail to realize the most important thing in life, which is love.

Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back? Over the top.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis? No, but I would like to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Today's Question(s):
What song makes you stop what you are doing and pay attention to nothing else when you hear it?

Every Breath You Take - Sting & The Police - YouTube
What is it about that song that you like so much?
Lyrics and music...
Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back?
Top!
Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis?
Only on videos..
Today in History:
2011 Phoenix, Arizona is hit by a dust storm, also known as a haboob
1994 Comet Shoemaker-Levy collides with Jupiter
1986 Videotapes released showing Titanic's sunken remains
1972 200,000 attend Mount Pocono rock festival in Pennsylvania
1962 Minn Twins Bob Allison and Harmon Killebrew hit grand slams in 1st inn and Harmon Killebrew connect in a club-record, 11-run 1st inning
1940 1st successful helicopter flight, Stratford, Connecticut
1907 Florenz Ziegfeld's "Follies of 1907," premieres in New York City
1853 Completion of Grand Trunk Line, trains begin running over 1st North American railroad between Portland, Maine and Montreal

Today’s Word:
fisc
Pronunciation: (fisk)
Meaning: noun: A state treasury; exchequer.
Etymology: From French fisc (tax office), from Latin fiscus (treasury, purse). Earliest documented use: 1598.
Usage: "Houses of worship are free to open schools, but they are expected to pay for them with privately raised funds. None are given access to the public fisc." Rob Boston; Amendment Anxiety; Church & State (Washington, DC); Feb 2012.

Today is:
International Mandela Day
National Caviar Day Puke!
(Not much going on today...sorry)

Quote of the Day:
“When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.” -Charles Evans Hughes

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks PatsCats!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Today's Question(s):
What song makes you stop what you are doing and pay attention to nothing else when you hear it? - Hmm... I heard a song I liked while driving on the freeway one time and I stopped.. but other drivers were not too happy.. so I stopped doing that.. - Seriously, I don't have one particular song, and I won't stop doing everything else, I'll just listen to any good song..

Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back? - Well.. I play football with it.. isn't that what we're supposed to do with toilet paper? Actually, if I understand the question correctly, it's over the top.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis? - Hmm.. I don't think so.. I thought it was the Unidentiedora Flyingis Objectis.. - Actually, I've only see it in pictures.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Today's Question(s):

Every Breath You Take - Sting & The Police - YouTube
Oh.. I stop everything I'm doing everytime I hear The Police also.. especially when they start telling me "You have the right to remain silent, everything you say and do will be used against you.. "..

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM

1,738 posts, read 768,261 times
Today's Question(s):
What song makes you stop what you are doing and pay attention to nothing else when you hear it? ~ Mary, Did You Know?

What is it about that song that you like so much? ~ It is a beautiful song. Gives me chills and makes me cry.

Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back? ~ I think top

Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis? ~ Well, since have no idea what that is...guessing no.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM

9,631 posts, read 820,564 times
Today's Question(s):
Picture - Kid Rock.
What is it about that song that you like so much?
Our American cook's favorite, RIP.
Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back? I don't understand now

Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis? I'm gonna look it up.
Thanks.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Happy hello there to allyall

Today's Question(s):
What song makes you stop what you are doing and pay attention to nothing else when you hear it? Any number of tunes

What is it about that song that you like so much? I think it is associated memory or fantasy

Just for Fun:
Does your toilet paper roll over the top, or down the back? over the top

Bonus Question:
Have you ever seen the aurora borealis/australis? Woe... I don't know about that

Love and Peace

Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
Lots of songs make me stop, but the one lately that catches my attention is that one on my new cd: "When It All Goes South" by Alabama. Love that song!!!!!!
Typical southern living, so true, Ive been to a few of the states and its true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics