Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
 
Location: PSL,FL
421 posts, read 465,990 times
Reputation: 87

Advertisements

Now don't get crazy on me..lOL...but IMHO ppl care waaaay too much more for animals then they do for humans...there is such an over population of cats and dogs it's just horrible...and shelters and constant donations to keep these lost souls alive is a huge waste of money and sorry to clue you in but they're going to die anyway. So few get adopted. I adore animals but ppl are just getting too carried away. God created them for consumption and warmth (clothes) not for pets.

 
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,815 posts, read 12,957,638 times
Reputation: 2000001497
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Now don't get crazy on me..lOL...but IMHO ppl care waaaay too much more for animals then they do for humans...there is such an over population of cats and dogs it's just horrible...and shelters and constant donations to keep these lost souls alive is a huge waste of money and sorry to clue you in but they're going to die anyway. So few get adopted. I adore animals but ppl are just getting too carried away. God created them for consumption and warmth (clothes) not for pets.
I definitely disagree with you!
 
Old 09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,343 posts, read 14,737,163 times
Reputation: 2729
I always think this way and I don't play too often but I do know two people that won over twenty thousand. One was a scratch off.

Rainbowaves:Now don't get crazy on me..lOL...but IMHO ppl care waaaay too much more for animals then they do for humans...there is such an over population of cats and dogs it's just horrible...and shelters and constant donations to keep these lost souls alive is a huge waste of money and sorry to clue you in but they're going to die anyway. So few get adopted. I adore animals but ppl are just getting too carried away. God created them for consumption and warmth (clothes) not for pets.

I'm with momark, I disagree with this.

rainbowaves: You and I were going back in forth in the tipping thread and I'm not trying to start up with you but it seems your attitude about some things are very negative. It seems this is another subject you don't know a lot about and I don't mean that MEAN towards you and of course reading it on here sounds that way but it would really help your attitude if you read a lot more about the horrible things that are done to animals (that can't speak for themselves and are at the mercy of humans). The comment "they are going to die anyway" well so are we, what does that mean? People are getting carried away? How so, because people are decent and want to help an animal that can't help themself? Not everyone believes in the same God you do so not everyone believes animals are here for the purpose you do. It makes me sad to read you think animals can only be clothing and food.
 
Old 09-23-2006, 03:04 AM
 
Location: PSL,FL
421 posts, read 465,990 times
Reputation: 87
Ok, which part don't you agree with? LOL...they are facts..pure and simple.
 
Old 09-23-2006, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Phoenix area
153 posts, read 561,838 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Now don't get crazy on me..lOL...but IMHO ppl care waaaay too much more for animals then they do for humans...there is such an over population of cats and dogs it's just horrible...
Your argument is flawed ... If ppl were caring sooooooooo much for animals, we wouldn't see the overpopulation, neglect and cruelty of so many animals. It's the attitude that animals are "less than" humans that allows us to turn a blind eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
...and shelters and constant donations to keep these lost souls alive is a huge waste of money and sorry to clue you in but they're going to die anyway. So few get adopted. I adore animals but ppl are just getting too carried away. God created them for consumption and warmth (clothes) not for pets.
From your post, I would challenge that you "adore animals". How can you be so certain that the reason for their creation (their VALUE) lies only in their service to human survival? (This is the same reasoning that concludes women are created solely for the service of man. At one time, it was widely believed that women had no souls, and thus were not deserving of any special care. ) This logic seems either terribly arrogant or terribly ignorant, but either way it shows GREAT disrespect for Creation.

On a side note... To claim something has no soul (or is a "lost soul" that is "going to die anyway") just serves to invalidate its worth and make it easier for us to kill it. It seems painfully arrogant to assume humans are the only ones deserving of care and protection. Does pro-life and sanctity of life apply only to human life?
 
Old 09-23-2006, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Phoenix area
153 posts, read 561,838 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
...build a park for the kids. Buy a building to have a thrift shop for the poor where everything in the store was $1.00...call it a dollar thrift shop. It would also be a shelter with a food pantry...
NOW I see where you are coming from...because YOUR banner is about caring for PEOPLE, that leaves no room for the care of other things. IMO, this is an attitude of lack...a core belief that there is not enough in the world to go around...that to give to one thing, takes from another. It is a very limited perspective, and perhaps what Rapture was referring to in saying "your attitude about some things is very negative."
 
Old 09-24-2006, 06:58 AM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,343 posts, read 14,737,163 times
Reputation: 2729
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Ok, which part don't you agree with? LOL...they are facts..pure and simple.
I've read some of your threads and it's just sad that you are so negative, at the same time everyone has a right to their own opinion. Too bad because life is too short. Why would you not care for evryone and everything that you possibly can in this short life. Animals bring so much joy to so many people and so many people torture and mutilate animals. Are you not aware of that? The attitude "they are going to die anyway" is just awful.
 
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 AM
 
504 posts, read 1,760,630 times
Reputation: 349
I think people get carried away by having too many children they can't afford and it costs lots of money to feed, clothe, and house them. Look at all the kids in foster care and in shelters. Children are created to work and to support us in our old age.
 
Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,189 posts, read 31,152,775 times
Reputation: 7343
I am going to die one day, as well as my animals. I am capable of getting my own breakfast out of the cupboard, my dog is not.

Animals give us unconditional love, a feat that very few people are capable of. Dogs and cats do not carjack people, rob convience stores at gunpoint, sell drugs to elementary school children, scam senior citizens out of their life savings, or any of the countless other horrible things that people do to each other.

Given the choice between the two, I will choose to help the animals every time. As a whole they are more deserving of a chance, and did less to be in their situation of need.
 
Old 09-24-2006, 11:00 AM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,343 posts, read 14,737,163 times
Reputation: 2729
alexander: I agree, some people give less thought to having children than to what car to buy. They just think: I want kids but don't plan or discuss what comes along with that.

You would be surprised what peole say if you ask, why do you want kids or why did you have kids. People have actually said to me, so they have someone to do things with or to take care of them when they get old.


evey: Great point and I agree. Anyone that hurts an animal or a person has a ***** loose. If capable, why wouldn't we help an animal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top