Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,097,760 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day ?

1. We made the world's greatest pancakes.

2. Digestion of said pancakes is for city-data.

3. Post digestion we will go to a humongous Asian market and poke around looking at exotic fruits and vases with dragons painted on them. We'll probably buy a few dozen things, plus more ingredients for more pancakes. After all they are the world's greatest!

What's your number 1 rule in life?

Remain alive. Breathe.

What's the last thing you did for the first time?

Bonus Question:

Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do?

What is your next milestone?

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again?

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian ?

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors do ?

Enjoy the weekend and remember life is too short to drink bad beer [/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 09:01 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
day's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day? Play in the rain!

What's your number 1 rule in life? Have compassion for others.

What's the last thing you did for the first time? Saw one of the Beatles in concert. On July 8th I went to see Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band. Best concert I've ever been to!

Bonus Question:
Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do? I can fake a few accents pretty well, including German, Italian, British English and Spanish.

What is your next milestone? To lose 15 more pounds by end of October.

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again? Fall in love with someone who lives far away.

Just for fun
Who's your favorite comedian? Tough choice; I've got several favorites. Jerry Seinfeld and Bob Newhart are among my faves.

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors does? My next-door neighbor told me several years ago that he shot one of the pesky squirrels in his backyard, and then he and his wife ate it!

Have a super weekend, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-21-2012 at 09:20 AM..

Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Today's Question(s):

Doing things that I have been putting off like cleaning, washing clothes, etc. or vegetate on the sofa watching tv or playing on C-D.

Just DON'T lie to me

I don't know, maybe eating sushi? Ick!!

Bonus Question:

Yes, British.....I used to have a message on my answering machine where I pretended to be my own British maid, it was goofy but pretty good

Well first I have to go to the doctor on Monday to see what the heck is wrong with me physically (haven't felt well for weeks) then I'm going to lose this darn weight!!

Going to Disneyworld......oh wait.....I do regret that. Um, most everything I do I regret.

Just for fun

Ron White......."tater salad". Ron White - Home

One of them hangs his big baggy jeans out on his front deck, guess he's afraid to dry them....might lose their "bagginess"

Enjoy the weekend and remember life is too short to drink bad beer

Old 07-21-2012, 09:56 AM

44,636 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day ? Eat, nap and putz around inside.

What's your number 1 rule in life? Inhale, exhale.

What's the last thing you did for the first time? Got braces.

Bonus Question:

Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do? Constantinopoleze.

What is your next milestone? Today's breakfast.

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again? Get married.

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian ? Several, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, to begin with. I like the old timers.

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors do ? One is a recluse who only talks to me. He had 2 very expensive airconditioners installed over 10 years ago and has never turned them on. He has a 1800 square foot house. He then bought a portable cooler on wheels that he takes from room to room as he goes along. Says it saves money. Though he always complains about how uncomfortable he is. He also keeps his bed next to the kitchen pass through and has a TV mounted on the end of the bed with 18 VCR's hooked up around it. He records everything that;s sports and then sits up all night watching the tapes. In the winter to save on heat he sits in a bathtub most of the time filled with hot water. He walks around the neighborhood at night and collects stuff that's being thrown away. He refuses to pay for garbage pickup so he walks to a store nearby, after dark, and puts his stuff in their dumpster. He has a garage full nof extra toilets, insulation, tires, you name it. He has 2 vehicles be bought 15 years ago with about 2500 miles on them. He's always bumming rides.
I could write a book on his weirdness. He is very nice and polite but quite eccentric

Enjoy the weekend and remember life is too short to drink bad beer.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
Today's Question(s):

Reading, taking a nap or going to the movies.

Be kind.

I took a hot air balloon ride.

Bonus Question:

I can duplicate all kinds of accents. That comes in handy when telling jokes.
Irish is my best. The only one I can't seem to manage is the Indian (India) accent.

What is your next milestone? Medicare. Next month.

Riding the roller coaster on top of New York New York in Las Vegas.

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian ? Billy Crystal.

My neighbors are not weird. I'm the weird on around here.

I rarely drink. Just don't care for alcohol but a couple of years ago I was playing cards at a friend's house and she offered me a Sam Adams beer. That was the very best beer I have ever tasted.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Today's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day ? CD data ... Sleeping in .... Chatting on the phone (except in lightning storms thanks to Pammy ) ... reading ... listening to music ...

What's your number 1 rule in life? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ...
Also, why do today what you can put off til tomorrow

What's the last thing you did for the first time? Traveled to Toronto, seen Niagara Falls, Celebrated Canada Day, Flown an international airline .... Lots of firsts in that trip ...

Bonus Question:

Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do? I can do a horrible British accent which I would not dare attempt if I were in the UK

What is your next milestone? Getting Goofy to accept my marriage proposal

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again? Getting on the Colossus rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain ... Glad I braved that sucker but never again

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian ? Jim Carrey has always been my favorite comic .... As far as stand-up comedy goes, Kathy Buckley gets my vote. She's deaf and her humor centers around her struggles as a deaf person. She's hilarious but also inspiring

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors do ? LOL! I don't pay attention to what my neighbors do .... Maybe it is coming to the rescue at 10pm at night of one terrified Chatteress who found Lizzy the Lizard squeezing the Charmin in her bathroom

Old 07-21-2012, 10:58 AM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
Todays Question Saturday 7-21-12

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend You, too.

Today's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day ? I like rain & we have it all smushed together in two months on the Central California coast so I just go about my regular day.

What's your number 1 rule in life? See my quote below. I really do try to follow this.

What's the last thing you did for the first time? Maybe stayed overnight at an animal preserve in Monterey . An elephant brings you breakfast just like a safari . It is a refuge for movie and TV animals.

http://www.wildthingsinc.com/html/_w...r_jungle_.html

Bonus Question:

Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do? Probably Portuguese. I lived in Brazil and got used to the way people spoke English there & when I came back to the states ridiculously spoke with an accent for awhile before my Dad told me I was making a fool of myself.

What is your next milestone? moving to Boston on the 2nd of August (my son lives there)

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again? move out here to California with my daughter who left after six months and sort of stranded me here. I love the whole California lifestyle, though and have met so many great friends. The weather, the farms nearby, the ocean & redwoods. I will always love California.

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian ? George Carlin

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors do ? Well, this is kind of sad really, but someone came to my house at midnight asking if I had any vanilla (I think for the alcoholic content) because she was "baking a cake".

Have a great weekend, everyone....

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times
Today's Question(s):

Read, listen to music, but mostly surf the internet...lol.

Treat others the same way I would like to be treated.

Assembled a chair.

Bonus Question:

I can do a pretty good British accent and an Australian accent.

To write my 3rd novel.

Just for fun

I've had several favorites over the years such as Rodney Dangerfield, George Carlin, Carol Burnett, Eddie Murphy, and Jim Carrey.

I had a previous neighbor in a rent house across the street that used to store garbage in a large container in his driveway instead of taking it out to the alley where the usual trash receptacle is located. I could never figure out why he did that....lol.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:24 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,701,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend

Today's Question(s):

How do you keep yourself busy on a rainy day ? Surf the net,listen to music,read.

What's your number 1 rule in life? Be true to yourself

Bonus Question:

Can you fake an accent and if you could from which country can you do? British accent so the country of course is England.

What is your next milestone? Lose some weight

What's one thing you have done and didn't regret but would never do it again? Hitch-hike cross country.

Just for fun

Who's your favorite comedian? George Carlin and Robin Williams are two that come to mind.

What's one of the weirdest things one of your neighbors do ? The only thing I can think of is he cuts grass in the dark.

Or any beer for that matter. JMO

Have a good day everyone.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 PM

280 posts, read 572,361 times
Today's Question(s):

By actually watching it rain. I have a pro weather station in the backyard and am a NWS Skywarn weather spotter & accomplished tornado chaser (even though I don't get much practice since I've moved to Las Vegas.)

Always eat when you can, you never know when your next meal will come.

Fixed the drip irrigation line that broke on Monday.

Bonus Question:

Just the Southern draw.

Senior coffee prices at McDonalds, I guess.

Getting married.

Just for fun

Jeff Dunham, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White, John Caparulo and George Carlin.

At our old house when I was a kid, had a group of Vietnamese move in next door and soon turned the place into a buddhist church. The gongs and banging on drums got really annoying.

Enjoy the weekend and remember life is too short to drink bad beer [/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics