Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:53 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,915,225 times

Advertisements

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm vacationing in Michigan so this is going to be short and sweet.

Today in History

1849 -- Emma Lazarus, American poet, was born on this day. Her words. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." were immortalized on the base of the Statue of Liberty.

1923 -- U.S. politician and former presidential candidate Bob Dole is born.

1994 -- O.J. Simpson pleads not-guilty to murdering his estranged wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman.

Questions

What will the weather be like in your neck of the woods today?

What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather?

What year did you cast your first vote in a presidential election?

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty.

Do you have a favorite poem? If so, what is it? Can you recite it from memory?

I hope your day is wonderful and that the week ahead is fabulous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,959,371 times
Today in History

1849 -- Emma Lazarus, American poet, was born on this day. Her words. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." were immortalized on the base of the Statue of Liberty.
Please enough is enough!

1994 -- O.J. Simpson pleads not-guilty to murdering his estranged wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman.
POS!
Questions

Dry and hot!
What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather?
Beef stew or a good roast!
Don't recall!
No one in their right mind could say not guilty!
Not really!

Thanks same for you Kiwikate!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 11 days ago)

8,825 posts, read 21,312,996 times
Question of the Day -- Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm vacationing in Michigan so this is going to be short and sweet.

Today in History

Questions

What will the weather be like in your neck of the woods today? sunny and temps in the low sixities, the same as it always is.......

What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather? chicken tortilla soup

What year did you cast your first vote in a presidential election? 1976, but I was out of the country in '72.

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty. OMG...... is there a single person in America that has another opinion ?

Do you have a favorite poem? If so, what is it? Can you recite it from memory? Yes, Sea Fever a favorite of my Dad's which I can recite from memory & did at his Memorial Service.

I hope your day is wonderful and that the week ahead is fabulous! You too, Kiwi . Enjoy your time in Michigan .

[+] Rate this post positively

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,290,373 times

Today in History

Questions

Hot and rainy.

Nothing. I can't eat when I'm sick.

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty. Guilty.

No.
I hope your day is wonderful and that the week ahead is fabulous.

Have an awesome vacation! Happy Sunday!!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,642,085 times
Today in History

Questions

Uh, don't know, sunny I hope cause I need to move some furniture

Something really fattening like fried chicken

1984 I think

Oh definitely guilty

nope, not into poetry

Old 07-21-2012, 08:01 PM

1,738 posts, read 769,056 times
Happy Sunday Everyone!!! :O)

Questions

What will the weather be like in your neck of the woods today? ~ Partly Sunny. Highs in the lower 90s.

What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather? ~ When I am sick, I don't have an appetite.

What year did you cast your first vote in a presidential election? ~ I think it was the 1992 election.

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty. ~ Ummm, guilty.

Do you have a favorite poem? If so, what is it? Can you recite it from memory? ~ No, don't have a favorite that I can think of.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,476,106 times
Questions
The usual for this time of year: hot.

Chocolate for a snack. Or for a meal? Baked chicken.

1860, I voted for Abe. Honestly.

I'd say nearly severing his ex's head and killing a passerby at the same time would equal guilty. Plus, it's said he beat the crap out of her when they were married. Some people will never learn.

The Road Not Taken by Robt. Frost. I can recite parts of it.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Last edited by bjh; 07-21-2012 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,495,198 times
Questions

What will the weather be like in your neck of the woods today? Here in Australia it's already lunch time on Sunday - it's been partly cloudy, partly sunny and looking like it could rain any minute (but hasn't so far). Temp about 66F.

What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather? Anything I don't have to cook for myself... probably vegetable or chicken soup from a can or pouch.

What year did you cast your first vote in a presidential election? I've never voted for a president - but was first able to cast a vote in the British elections in 1970, just before I left to live in Australia!

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty. Guilty

Do you have a favorite poem? If so, what is it? Can you recite it from memory? I loved the poetry of Rupert Brooke, a British poet (1887-1915) when I was younger. He often wrote sonnets about the First World War which, for some reason, I found fascinating. I used to be able to recite two or three of his poems, but can now only remember a line or two here and there.

Thanks KiwiKate - have fun in Michigan!

Happy Sunday to all.

Last edited by Kobber; 07-21-2012 at 08:55 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,017,589 times
Questions

High of 66. Low of 50. Rain.

If there is one thing that does not happen when I am a little, or even a lot, under the weather it is loss of appetite. Anything I like when feeling good also works when not feeling so good.

Let's see now. I think I was of the legal voting age while in college. I am trying to remember if I voted in 1976. Working towards a double major in college (Beer Drinking & Fast Food Consumption) I did not have a lot of free time. I probably did vote. It would have had to be a mail in ballot as I went to college out of state.

Don't know and don't care.

Not really into poetry. The high school I went to during 10th grade had two english teachers. They decided to swap students for 4 weeks to supposedly give us a better rounded education. For 4 weeks I had to put up with a teacher with a really bad attitude who thought he was the worlds greatest poetry teacher. For our final we had to write a poem. So I wrote a poem about the teacher and my opinion of him. He tried to give me an "F" but I appealed it and when the other english teacher and the principal read my poem, once they stopped laughing, they both agreed that all elements of the poem were flawless and every requirement of the final had been perfectly met. Got an "A" for the class.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,375,732 times
Default Questions

What will the weather be like in your neck of the woods today?...Hot but I'm leaving for the mountians

What is your favorite comfort food when you're feeling a little under the weather?....chicken and dumplings

What year did you cast your first vote in a presidential election?...I don't remember

Do you think O.J. was guilty or not-guilty.....Guilty

Do you have a favorite poem? If so, what is it? Can you recite it from memory?....Yeah, it's off the wall and nasty, yes I could

I hope your day is wonderful and that the week ahead is fabulous!...And I hope your day and week is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics