Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times

Advertisements

Peeve: Disclaimers ~ If the manufacture produce a good or better product then why is it necessary to add disclaimers? Is it simply to keep them out of a legal action and nothing more? If you read the label on many items you buy you probably wouldn’t use them so they make the print so small you can’t.
Spoiler

This Peeve thread does not reflect the views and opinions of the City Data administration or any of its moderators. The Peeve thread has the right to withdraw any and all peeves that are posted for the week of July 22 to and included July 28th of 2012. Anyone reading the peeve thread is doing so voluntarily and accepts full responsibility should they become lightheaded, dizzy, faint, or require medical attention for any and all medical illnesses that would reflect directly or indirectly on this week’s peeves. It is advised that should you become ill after reading the peeve thread that you should contact your medical physician for immediate treatment or call the nearest emergency service agency in your community. Minors under the age of 12 years may read the peeve thread with the consent of their adult guardian or parent. If you are on medication or taking any prescription drug within 24 hours of reading the peeve thread it is highly recommended that you induce vomiting to relieve possible mental hallucinations. All replies and posting to the peeve thread are done so voluntarily and do not require the permission of the originator of the days peeve, full responsibility of the reply posting is accepted by those who engage in the desire to comment about the subject. Consuming any hot drink while reading or posting to the peeve thread may cause injury and should be avoided. Warning Do Not peeve and text at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 PM

44,702 posts, read 61,882,008 times
LOL, too funny, but so true...

Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,155,387 times
Yep that fine print keeps getting smaller & smaller!

Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,051,859 times
Man,.. I hope the driving (eye) test doesn't have letters any smaller than that this time.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:55 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,069,841 times
LMAO
Spoiler

This Peeve thread does not reflect the views and opinions of the City Data administration or any of its moderators. The Peeve thread has the right to withdraw any and all peeves that are posted for the week of July 22 to and included July 28th of 2012. Anyone reading the peeve thread is doing so voluntarily and accepts full responsibility should they become lightheaded, dizzy, faint, or require medical attention for any and all medical illnesses that would reflect directly or indirectly on this week’s peeves. It is advised that should you become ill after reading the peeve thread that you should contact your medical physician for immediate treatment or call the nearest emergency service agency in your community. Minors under the age of 12 years may read the peeve thread with the consent of their adult guardian or parent. If you are on medication or taking any prescription drug within 24 hours of reading the peeve thread it is highly recommended that you induce vomiting to relieve possible mental hallucinations. All replies and posting to the peeve thread are done so voluntarily and do not require the permission of the originator of the days peeve, full responsibility of the reply posting is accepted by those who engage in the desire to comment about the subject. Consuming any hot drink while reading or posting to the peeve thread may cause injury and should be avoided. Warning Do Not peeve and text at the same time.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,845,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Yep that fine print keeps getting smaller & smaller!
Or are we getting older and blinder?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:20 AM

When I had last visited the doctor’s office he wanted to put me on a prescription medicine, however when reading the disclaimer and knowing all of the other side effects I figured I would be better off without the drug.

Yesterday I was looking at an item in the store thinking about buying it and while reading the disclaimer on the tag wondered why did they put all of that on the tag,,,,,, simply people were too stupid to use the product correctly or the company didn’t want to take responsibility for any failures in what they made. Warning labels and disclaimers seem to be on just about everything now.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,155,387 times
This is funny..................

I got my insurance refund check the other day from B.C.B.S. I looked at it and thought: "wow, a big whoppin' $79.00! Cool!" Then a day or so later I looked at it again under brighter light, and it's $679.00!!!! Guess I'll go get a new prescription for glasses now!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM

^^^ are you inviting everyone out to lunch this week? lol

Old 07-23-2012, 04:55 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,265,631 times
That's very funny, Aks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics