Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
What I've noticed the past couple of years in one of our remodeling projects is that every single contractor has had to come back a second time to do the job correctly. And these are licensed contractors. There's rarely any pride in workmanship like the olden days.

We had the plumber back because of leaky new fixtures.
We had the electrician back because of circuit breaker blowing on new electrical circuits installed.
We had the door man come back to readjust the doors.
We had the carpetman come back to re-do some faulty installation.
We had the hardwood floor man come back because he didn't allow for expansion when it gets humid.
We had the window company back because of improper installation.
We had the brick layer come back because he installed them in the wrong pattern and forgot the edging.
We had the garage door man back to re-adjust the door properly.
We had the roofer back because of some loose shingles.
We had the patio roof man back because of some rainwater leaks.
We had the painter come back because he forgot to patch several bad spots and forgot to paint some doors.

Nitram, Im sorry to hear about your problems with your 'electrician'. A good one would have installed the proper wiring/breaker and all parts that implies, or made sure your electrical panel could even handle another circuit, you most likely wouldnt have had that problem. Sad thing is, these guuys were certified! Electricity and plumbing are two important factors in any building that most of the time you DONT get a 2nd chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
It's been known for me to wallpaper a room only to find the next morning that Mrs Baldrick thinks it "looks a lot different up... I'm sorry, i don't like it" and to have to "do-over" the room again with a different wallpaper....

I love those days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics