Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,106,883 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home?
Fruit roll ups.
Oreo's
Wheat Bread
Chef Boy Ardee Pizza Box

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for?
Not sure , but I still have my pretzel rods and pretzels of all kinds

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when?
We hit the Beach Ball in a pool at a 4th of july celebration.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile?
Watched a video last night of elderly people smiling in a nursing home talking about their childhood.
It was nice to see them reflect and smile of earlier times in their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:04 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,767,137 times
Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? Liver and onions, can't even stand the smell when they are cooking! I don't care how good for you it is!

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? Mexican or Chinese. My Mom was a great Southern cook. I miss her biscuits and pan gravy.

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? Blew bubbles with the Granddaughter about a month ago.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? The plane flying icon in the previous paragraph

Today in History:
2011 Cyclist Alberto Contador wins the 2010 Tour de France while seven-time winner of the event, Lance Armstrong, makes his final appearance
1992 Army refused to overturn 127 year old conviction against Dr. Mudd
1985 U.S. performs nuclear Test at Nevada Test Site
1978 John Lydon forms rock group Public Image Ltd
1969 Edward Kennedy pleads guilty to leaving scene of an accident a week after the Chappaquiddick car accident that killed Mary Jo Kopechne
1956 Italian liner Andrea Doria sinks after colliding with the Stockholm
1946 1st bikini is shown at a Paris fashion show
1933 1st Dutch live radio concert: Duke Ellington
1922 AT&T begins broadcasting on WBAY (NYC-later WEAF, WNBC, WRCA and WFAN)
1909 France's Louis Bleriot, makes 1st airplane flight across English Channel
1868 U.S. Congress forms Wyoming Territory (Dakota, Utah and Idaho)

Today’s Word:
agee or ajee
Pronunciation: (uh-JEE)
Meaning: adverb: To one side; awry.
Etymology: From Scottish English dialect, from a- (to, toward) + gee (a command to a horse to move to one side). Earliest documented use: before 1805.
Usage: "The knaves go all agee when both my lord and myself have our backs turned."
Charlotte M. Yonge; Grisly Grisell; Macmillan; 1893.

Today is:
Carousel, or Merry-go-Round Day Makes me dizzy
Thread the Needle Day
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day My favorite
The Birthday of Loiuse Brown (1978), First Test Tube Baby I wonder how she is doing.

Quote of the Day:
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway~ And you will remember if it was fun!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,910,036 times
Sunny and 104 in the NV desert today.

Today's Question(s):

What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? A delicious rhubarb sponge dessert my Mom used to make.

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? Pizza!

What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? Patty cake with my youngest granddaughter a few days ago.

What was the last thing that made you smile? Phone conversation with a friend last evening.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 AM

38,911 posts, read 22,906,011 times
Today's Question(s):

Sugary breakfast cereals.

Mostly fresh fruit and vegetables.

Just for Fun:

What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when?

A few months ago watching cartoons with my 5-year-old niece.

Bonus Question:

At work last week. The way one of my co-workers answered the phone made us all laugh (and smile). She didn't mean for it to be funny, but it turned out that way.

Happy Hump Day!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Today's Question(s):
Oh have tried some of my Mom's old recipes and they just don't taste the same, like Tamale Pie, I remember it being so good, I think food was just better then, maybe it was the MSG

Nothing that I can think of.

Just for Fun:
I do silly stuff everyday, it's part of my job requirements

Bonus Question:
Seeing my cat reach up and touch my arm with his paw, to say good morning

Today in History:
2011 Cyclist Alberto Contador wins the 2010 Tour de France while seven-time winner of the event, Lance Armstrong, makes his final appearance
1969 Edward Kennedy pleads guilty to leaving scene of an accident a week after the Chappaquiddick car accident that killed Mary Jo Kopechne

Today’s Word:
agee or ajee
Etymology: From Scottish English dialect, from a- (to, toward) + gee (a command to a horse to move to one side). Earliest documented use: before 1805.
Usage: "The knaves go all agee when both my lord and myself have our backs turned."

Today is:
Carousel, or Merry-go-Round Day
Thread the Needle Day...no way
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day..my favorite as a youngster
The Birthday of Loiuse Brown (1978), First Test Tube Baby

Quote of the Day:
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway~

Have a great day everyone! You too

Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=PatsCats;25327686]Mornin’ all! And good day, or night, to friends in different time zones.

At this moment, I've got a beautiful sunrise over my shoulder, and yet, I can hear thunder rumbling to the north, over the lake. Weather is a very interesting thing.( Yes it is Pat, looks like we'll be in your neck of the woods again next week. I can't believe this heat)

Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? ....TV Dinners and Pot Pies. My mother didn't work and she sure didn't cook!

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? ....Lobster, crab, real shrimp,good fish.

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? .....We always have a supply of sparklers when the shorties come. I still find them magical. (I've been known to catch a fire fly or two as well.)

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? .....Howie this morning. Except when he kissed me on the lips.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
agee or ajee

Today is:
Thread the Needle Day
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

Quote of the Day:
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway~

Have a great day everyone! Thanks you too. I can't believe it's going to be 98 again today. I need some snow!!!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
Today's Questions Wednesday July 25, 2012

Mornin’ all! And good day, or night, to friends in different time zones.

At this moment, I've got a beautiful sunrise over my shoulder, and yet, I can hear thunder rumbling to the north, over the lake. Weather is a very interesting thing.

Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? Roast beef, macaroni & cheese

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? probably huge chopped salads with lots of things in them like apples, nuts and raisins and all .

Just for Fun:

I really can not think of anything right now. I'm no fun, I guess.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? My daughter came out to California just last week so that was really wonderful.

thanks, pat and have a great day, everyone !

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Pats, send that thunder and the rain that comes with it our way. We need it BIG time!!!!!!!!

Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? TURNIP GREENS!!! I hated them and my parents said we had to eat at least one fork full. YUCK!!!!

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? Too many to mention! lol

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? A couple weekends ago I laid in the floor and colored with my grandkids! Sad to say the 4 yr old is better at staying in the lines than I am! lol

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? This morning to look over at my wife, still sleeping. That's my first smile every morning. She thinks it's just because she sleeps in her birthday suit. She's wrong! lol

Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
At this moment, I've got a beautiful sunrise over my shoulder, and yet, I can hear thunder rumbling to the north, over the lake. Weather is a very interesting thing.

Today's Question(s):

Meatloaf.

Pasta

Just for Fun:
Kite flying about a year ago.

Bonus Question:
Thinking about the kite flying.

Today in History:
That name brought back a memory of Flash Gordon. His sidekick was Icabod Mudd and the guy always said "Mudd....with two d's." Isn't it funny how our memories work?
1946 1st bikini is shown at a Paris fashion show I think it was in the early 60s when I first saw a bikini. We all thought it was horrible. LOL
1868 U.S. Congress forms Wyoming Territory (Dakota, Utah and Idaho) That is really interesting. I love info like this. Thanks.

Today’s Word:
agee or ajee

Today is:
Thread the Needle Day
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

Quote of the Day:

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Today's Question(s):
Any and all canned vegetables, oh and the canned Chinese food with the horrible dried noodles.

Good Mexican and Oriental food.

Just for Fun:
Whatever it was it's lost in the annals of time.

Bonus Question:
The renewed registration and sticker for the around town car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics