Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,532 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home?
My mother used to boil veggies until they were SOGGY......

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for?
Sauteed veggies...... Oh, and sushi! My mother would have really turned her nose up at sushi....

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? Last night at the children's concert I marched around to the music.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? I have been tutoring kids today & have smiled a lot, but I'll tell about last night, because it was just so cute.
My younger granddaughter, twenty-two months, hasn't come to a concert this summer because they begin at her bedtime. The concert last night began at 7:30, but my daughter decided to bring her and see how she'd do. This concert was held at a town park where we often play, so Abbie was much more interested in climbing around the playground than anything else and only wanted her mama. Whitney was about to take her home when the conductor invited the kids up to conduct the band. When her cousin Anna took off across the field to the band, Abbie followed. She allowed the conductor, who, since this was the children's concert, was dressed as a banana, to pick her up and she conducted the band. This was adorable but then....... On the next to last piece Anna decided to go up and dance in front of the band. Whitney said to Abbie, "Go and dance with cousin Anna." Abbie took off across the field again. Instead of dancing with Anna she went and stood beside the conductor and showed him her baby doll as he was trying to conduct. He talked to her about the doll & Anna went to try & get Abbie to dance. Anna, 3yrs. old, turned around and yelled across the field, "Abbie-Dabbie isn't listening!" Abbie stood beside the conductor for the rest of the program, swaying back and forth to the music.
I think Whitney will bring her to another concert, though I'm sure Abbie won't recognize the conductor as he won't be wearing the banana costume for the rest of the season.

I hope you all have had something to smile about today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Today's Question(s):
Pork chops and lamb chops.

Creole and Cajun food.

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when?
Deliberately ran through a sprinkler a few weeks ago.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile?

Old 07-25-2012, 03:11 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Margarine, balloon bread, Velveeta processed cheese, Wish-Bone Italian dressing, Hi-C fruit drink, Nestle's Quik, Chocks vitamins, Trix cereal, Neapolitan ice cream, Pop Tarts.

Real butter, fresh fish and seafood, whole wheat bread, baked goods from scratch, homemade salad dressings, whole grain cereals.

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when?
I played with a toy kaleidoscope.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile?
My husband (who is 71 going on 12) likes to pose our teddy bear in silly positions and then calls me to "come see what Bennett is doing." It's something different every day. The bear might be wearing one of my hats or peering over the back of the headboard looking for dust bunnies. The other night when I brought the dinner plates into the dining room, the bear was propped up in a chair at the head of the table as if waiting to be served. Today the bear was passed out cold on the bed with his head on my pillow and his eyes covered with a sleep mask. Another time he when I was bent over at the waist blow-drying my hair in the bathroom, Bennett suddenly jumped right into my face and startled me.

Great questions!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 07-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: clarity, and to add an item I forgot.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:13 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Today's Question(s):
What foods did you grow up with that you haven't eaten since you left home? Canned beef stew (ugh) and Spumoni ice cream.

What foods did you not grow up with that you have to make up lost time for? Everything else lol!

Just for Fun:
What was the last child-like fun thing you did (like blow bubbles, play with Silly Putty, play hopscotch, etc...), and when? Make smores yesterday.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that made you smile? Picking my kids up from a day at Triple Play and seeing how much fun they had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics