Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times

Advertisements

I could use some of those pine needles. Mt whole house smells like chemicals from the flea spray the vet gave me for the floors. Good tip Pam, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,553,639 times
Great tip Pammy with bags in their vacuum. I use a scented powder on the carpet because I have a bag less vacuum. It works great and the air smells great after vacuuming.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times
Nice tip Pam, thanks! I might try that scented dryer sheet tip. I have a dog in the house so I usually use one of those pet odor powders that you spread on your carpet just before vacuuming (I think they're mostly baking soda with some scented stuff in them). That stuff helps too.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:04 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
MAKE YOUR VACUUM CLEANER AND HOME SMELL FRESH

I just finished vacuuming my house, and that prompted me to do a little research about
how to make my vacuum smell better. Even with changing the bag regularly, my vacuum
often emits odors from the carpets and floors. Yuck. Here are some cool things you can do
(and which I will do in the future) to make vacuuming a much less objectionable chore

and to make your house smell fresh and sweet!
  • Take a handful of pine needles or balsam tips and place them in the vacuum bag.
  • Put a few drops of perfume on a cotton ball and place it in the bag.
  • Put a scented dryer sheet* in the bag.
  • Cinnamon sticks and cloves will give off a lovely, spicy scent through the bag.
  • Scented soaps, bath beads or bath crystals also work great.
I'm going to make a note to gather some needles from one of my pine trees for my next vacuuming session.
Pine needles, perfume, scented dryer sheets, scented soaps, bath beads... I don't even know what bath beads are... and being single.. you probably won't find those items in my house..... Can I just spray an air freshner on the entire vacuum cleaner?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Great tips, Pam! But nowadays a lot of people use bag less vacuums. Now how to improve the smell of those bag less tanks?
Tip: by emptying them after each vacuuming ... ... Lol
I have a Dyson bagless vacuum now.

Great tip Pammy! Wish I knew this tip back when I had my old Hoover!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,553,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have a Dyson bagless vacuum now.

Great tip Pammy! Wish I knew this tip back when I had my old Hoover!
You can still use the powder that you spread on the carpet and when you vacuum the scent you choose fills the room nicely.

Happy Hump Day, while it lasts .

Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Wish there were some suggestions for bag less.

Theses are great tips!!
My sources said you can do some of the same things with the bagless vacuums. Try putting a few drops of fragrance directly on the filter.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
My sources said you can do some of the same things with the bagless vacuums. Try putting a few drops of fragrance directly on the filter.

Haven't cleaned the filter yet! Thanks for the reminder Pammy!
Wanted to rep you but couldn't yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics