Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:38 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I'm looking at a parcel that has just arrived by delivery van. It's a shirt that I ordered online and I just hope that the size , colour and style are the right one.

Ever had a delivery where they got one of those wrong? Let us know because the POTD is;

Delivering the wrong product from that which you'd ordered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,268,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm looking at a parcel that has just arrived by delivery van. It's a shirt that I ordered online and I just hope that the size , colour and style are the right one.
Ever had a delivery where they got one of those wrong? Let us know because the POTD is;
Morning Jezer: How are things going across the pond with the Olympics and all? Has to be mass chaos in the city. Yes, I have received a parcel via delivery and what I ordered was not correct. I ordered a cradle for my niece and it was suppose to have protective padding that came with it. They delivered it to the wrong house and the woman who got the padding called me then never dropped the padding off to me..I paid for it and someone else kept it. I was furious. I tried to retrieve the call from my call list but it wasn't there, I tried to contact the company about not receiving the padding and they wouldn't resend as someone did sign for it..it wasn't me!! I don't order via catalog or online any longer. I am so concerned that someone is going to steal my information on my credit card. I do all my shopping now at the malls or at this great second had store we have here in town called SAVERS. Savers takes part of their proceeds and donates them to "Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program"..second hand clothing, housewares, books, etc. all in good shape. The store is clean and the help is amazingly friendly. I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from them..lots of books. I am an avid reader and not one that wants a Kindle or other type of electronic book. The whole concept of sitting with a book, turning the pages and actually READING paper is so relaxing to me. I digress....hope your shirt was the right size, color and style!! Have a great day.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times

Bad enough when you find out something you ordered off the internet is junk, but then to find out it's the WRONG junk.....

Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times

It happens, that's for sure. Twenty years ago I found the perfect sofa for a home with cats. Cats enjoy claw maintenance on the corners of chairs and couches because it's just right! This couch is all wood on sides and back so no shredded corners. Perfect! This was a store in a mall so I ordered the couch with a white washed finish. It would take 7 to 8 weeks. A few days before it should have arrived, I donated my sectional sofa to the shelter. Waiting for my new couch, I got stories about delays, blah blah and three months later a couch is delivered. Wrong finish! Wrong fabric! Since I had already been without a couch for more than a month, I let them leave it. I wanted to know what happened and finally was told that my beautiful white washed couch had been delivered to someone in California. They loved it and kept it. I got the one they had ordered. Since then I have kept covers on the cushions and planned to refinish but it still sits looking brownish instead of white washed. Maybe one day .....

Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,156,263 times

ANNOYING! I've already planned to be home for the delivery. Now that you deliver the wrong item, I have to change plans or take time off from work to be home again when you finally the CORRECT item!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post

Bad enough when you find out something you ordered off the internet is junk, but then to find out it's the WRONG junk.....
Isn't that the truth

Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Especially when it's something you really, really want and have been waiting days to be delivered.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:33 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
There is this company that I love, the Pyramid Collection. They appeal to my inner hippie.

I ordered a ring for my son's GF (online). Not only did it take 2 months to get here, it was the wrong ring in the wrong size.

Now, I order by snail mail and enclose pictures of the product. So far, so good.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

The only time I received an incorrect order via delivery I ended up coming out ahead! I had ordered perennial flowers for my garden many years ago and when the shipment arrived it had one extra plant in it - something I'd never heard of. Because I hadn't paid for it, I called the company and asked what I should do. They said that since it was their mistake I should just keep the plant and owed them nothing. Way cool! That was my introduction hostas, which are now among my favorite plants. I have a big collection of hostas in several varieties.

In any other case, I would find it very frustrating to receive an incorrect order via delivery!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post

So true, one of the reasons I rarely order off the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics