Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 03:22 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times

Advertisements

Merry Sunday to allyall

The games have been exciting. I have enjoyed all of the Olympics and I sorry this good things has to come to an end. The most exciting was watching Bolt... bolt and that 16 year old kid Gabby...

I don't have a particular day I do shopping. Instead my shopping is needs driven- if I need something I go to the store and pick it up and quite often that turns in to buying groceries...

We don't have a sewing machine, but I have a sewing basket for sewing on buttons, mending and general little stuff.

I am young... and that is all I have to say about that

Love and Peace each and everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
I'm late to the party but have an excuse...we drove to Alabama this weekend to close on our property up there!

Today’s Question(s):

Today is the last day of the 2012 Summer Olympics, and what a series it has been! How much of the Olympics coverage have you watched the past couple of weeks? 0%

If you haven’t tuned into the Olympic Games this year, why not? It's just not something that interests me.

Extra Credit Question:

What day of the week do you usually go grocery shopping? Saturday morning

What item or items does your grocery shopping list always include? Bananas

What one item will your grocery shopping list never include? Liver

What department of the grocery store do you start out in? Produce

What grocery department do you finish with? Frozen

Bonus Question:

Do you or anyone else in your family own a sewing machine? I do

Do you know how to sew? I do

For those who are sewers, do you most often use your sewing skills to make new things, or do you mostly just do mending? It's a dust collector really

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than the first IBM Personal Computer? I had already graduated from HS

Have a great evening everyone!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Good Sunday morning, all! It’s a gorgeous summer weekend in south-central Wisconsin: cool, sunny and simply delicious out. It may be too late for a lot of the crops and trees to recover from the drought, but at least we finally got a taste of what summer in the Midwest is supposed to be like. I’m enjoying it!

Beautiful here, too! The IA State Fair should be a record breaker with this weather. Very unusual.

And on the topic of enjoying things, you get an early crack at Sunday’s questions this week, because this BookWorm is tired and heading for bed. So let’s dive on in and enjoy some fun conversation together, as we consider:

Today’s Question(s):

Today is the last day of the 2012 Summer Olympics, and what a series it has been! How much of the Olympics coverage have you watched the past couple of weeks?

A lot!!! We were in Las Vegas for three weeks and stayed up every night it was on to watch as much as we could. And we've done the same this week at home!!

What did you find the most exciting moment of the Games this summer?

Women's teams blew me away this year. Swimming, track, gymnastics, beach volleyball, etc. Amazing performances!!

Was there anything that really disappointed you about the Games?

If you haven’t tuned into the Olympic Games this year, why not?

Extra Credit Question:

What day of the week do you usually go grocery shopping?

Wednesday. The ads come out on Tuesday.

What item or items does your grocery shopping list always include?

Bread, milk, cheese, cereal, vegetables.

What one item will your grocery shopping list never include?

Broccoli. Neither one of us eats it. Ick!

What department of the grocery store do you start out in?

Medicines, and other bathroom stuff.

What grocery department do you finish with?

Produce

Bonus Question:

Do you or anyone else in your family own a sewing machine?

Mrs Tek has a really nice one. Janome something that cost a small fortune.

Do you know how to sew?

Sorta.

For those who are sewers, do you most often use your sewing skills to make new things, or do you mostly just do mending?

For those who are not sewers, what do you do when you have a garment with a ripped seam or a loose button?

"Uh, Honey? I need your help." In a pinch I can, but I trade my computer skills for her sewing skills.

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than the first IBM Personal Computer?

Way older. I owned one, BTW. Bought in November 1982.

Today In History:

30 BC – Cleopatra VII Philopator, the last ruler of the Egyptian Ptolemaic dynasty, commits suicide, allegedly by means of an asp bite
1851 – Isaac Singer is granted a patent for his sewing machine
1898 – An armistice ends the Spanish-American war
1914 – The United Kingdom declares war on Austria-Hungary, and the countries of the British Empire follow suit
1952 – The Night of the Murdered Poets – 13 prominent Jewish intellectuals are murdered in Moscow
1955 – The minimum wage in the United States is increased from 75₵ to $1 per hour
1960 – Echo 1A, NASA’s first successful communications satellite, is launched
1981 – The IBM Personal Computer is first released
2000 – The Russian Navy Oscar-class submarine K-141 Kursk explodes and sinks in the Barents Sea during a military exercise, killing all 118 sailors aboard

Today’s Word (for all the Olympians):

Sthenic \sthĕn ĭk\ adjective
Abounding in energy or bodily strength; active or strong

Today Is:

Daughters’ Day
Truck Driver Day
Vinyl Record Day
Baseball Fans Day
International Youth Day
National Toasted Almond Bar Day

Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 AM

438 posts, read 660,928 times
Today is the last day of the 2012 Summer Olympics, and what a series it has been! How much of the Olympics coverage have you watched the past couple of weeks?

about two hours a day

What did you find the most exciting moment of the Games this summer?

I missed it ...I wanted to watch gabby win her gold

Was there anything that really disappointed you about the Games?

If you haven’t tuned into the Olympic Games this year, why not?

Extra Credit Question:

What day of the week do you usually go grocery shopping?

I go shopping everyday

What item or items does your grocery shopping list always include?

baby greens

What one item will your grocery shopping list never include?

poi

What department of the grocery store do you start out in?

vegetable

What grocery department do you finish with?

nuts

Bonus Question:

Do you or anyone else in your family own a sewing machine?

I do, yes.

Do you know how to sew?

a straight line

For those who are sewers, do you most often use your sewing skills to make new things, or do you mostly just do mending?

For those who are not sewers, what do you do when you have a garment with a ripped seam or a loose button?

I sew on buttons.

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than the first IBM Personal Computer?

older
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics