Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

It's a bit of a rush this morning.

I have to take the dog to a friend's house and then visit the dentist prior to work.

Personally the dentist does not worry me, but for some it can be quite unpleasant.

Tell us your feelings, because the POTD is;

Visiting the dentist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Hi Jezer! It's okay as long as it's on my terms, like for cleanings, but if something goes wrong (knock on wood), then it's torture!!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
I've got a tooth which has been misbehaving lately, disobeying my orders, not listening to my threats!

So now what? Have it pulled, hightail it to Algondones, Mexico and have my saintly dentist do something with it down there, like he did for another misbehaving tooth in April? Last time, despite others pleading with me to get a root canal, my saintly dentist said: No root canal! I'll fix it with a crown! And fixed it was!

Maybe he'll perform the same magic once again! He did warn me about that tooth on my last visit!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,568,427 times
Going to the dentist gives me anxiety. I am always afraid that she is going to tell me that my teeth are about ready to fall out of my head.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
All my teeth are my own, sadly they're not all in my head anymore....

Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,268,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

It's a bit of a rush this morning.

I have to take the dog to a friend's house and then visit the dentist prior to work.

Personally the dentist does not worry me, but for some it can be quite unpleasant.

Tell us your feelings, because the POTD is;

Visiting the dentist.
Morning Jezer: Wow, what a way to start the morning, huh? Its only 6:30 a.m. here across the pond and we are in the middle of a horrible thunderstorm. Regarding the Dentist...I am one of those odd people who don't mind going. I have had a bunch of work done over the years and I actually LIKE getting my teeth cleaned, so no peeve here.
Have a great day!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
I like getting my teeth cleaned as well.

It's probably weird to say this but I like flossing and brushing too. I love the clean feel in my mouth. I carry a toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash in my car. But nothing beats the feel when I walk out of the dentist office - and I'm talking cleaning only!

Thank goodness I haven't had any other issues in quite sometime.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
I dont have a problem visiting a dentist, the problem here is, for people like me, who have to pay cash, its the bill at the end of the visit!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:08 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I don't mind going to the dentist. They have some great looking dental assistants where I go that clean your teeth and they are very friendly and very gentle and they have a large screen TV overhead to watch while they work on you. And then the dentist comes in and pokes around and tells you you need a cavity filled, a crown, a bridge and says your insurance will cove about 80% of it, neat huh. Then they make another appointment for you and they give you a goody bag to take home too.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Recently, I went to the dentist on account of an ache. I thought it might be the first cavity I've had in nearly 40 years--but it wasn't. The dentist said I should make an appointment with a periodontist...

This guy had me open my mouth, and in less than three seconds he pronounced his verdict: gum disease. And not in the initial stages, either. The peculiar thing is that my health care provider listed a price for the proposed surgery (surgery is what they do for gum disease) that was less than half of what I was led to expect. And the periodontist never contacted me to schedule an appointment.

Then I looked up gum disease, and who would've imagined? I haven't got the symptoms! You don't suppose he just wanted to make some money off me, do you?

You might say I felt more than a little peeved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics