Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:58 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times

Advertisements

Which of these creatures are real?

A. Xenomorph B. Fish in trees C. Headcrab D. Antlion E. Grunt

Oh wait wrong types of questions Sorry we shouldn't use this much brain matter this early,lol

Today's Question(s):

Last bed you slept in that wasn't your own and was it comfortable?

None.......

What is something you learned in the last week?

I learn something new every day...

What do you appreciate most about your life?

Everything...

Bonus Question:

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break?

Giving up Coffee..

Is there something you constantly lose or misplace ?

Yes, but I can't remember what it is....

Where do you go to get on a computer?

At home - in my lil office

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself?

Not really, but don't ask me about myself.

Ever had any relatives in jail? or maybe yourself?

No, but I've been arrested, the horror! Yes, Lil Ole me - Torn.. Over a speeding ticket in bumble freak KS. I was frisked by some male Cop in the middle of the town and towed away in the squad car. They let me go, because I was cooperative. I had NY plates on my car. What did they think? I mean seriously? The horror of it all.

Are you wearing socks right now?

Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 AM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times

Fish in trees for the win.

Oh wait wrong types of questions Sorry we shouldn't use this much brain matter this early,lol

Today's Question(s):

A comfy bed at a nice hotel in SF.

A proper presentation can get a traffic ticket dismissed.

What story does your family always tell about you?
Past vacations when the kids were young.

The Super Chief.

Bonus Question:

My procrastination.

My sanity.

At a computer desk.

Just for fun

Anything to do about where I want to be when applying for a job.

Immediate family theres been a few, nothing serious.

Yep.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
Which of these creatures are real? Good Saturday to you, folks! Thanks, Mike!

A. Xenomorph ~ Not on earth.

B. Fish in trees ~ Yes, we have them down here where I live.

C. Headcrab ~ Nope.

D. Antlion ~ I have a large community of them here, right by my air conditioner, outside. They become nocturnal flying insects that feed on nectar! I love them.

E. Grunt ~ We have zillions of grunts across the street, in the water.

~ This is the right time of day for me!

Today's Question(s):

~ A bed in North Carolina...it was comfortable but nothing is better than home.

~ I learned to put cranberry sauce on my fork with the turkey and stuffing.

~ None.

~ Food and my cats. And the human-loved ones, of course.

Bonus Question:

~ None.

~ Nope.

~ To my living room.

Just for fun

~ None, simply because I won't answer questions that are none of your business!

~ Perfect! ^^^ THIS is "none of your business"! .....

~ Yep. I wear the best socks in the world. Every day. I take them off only in bed during the summer, and even then I might decide to wear them. I love my socks!

*** HappyWishes to you all! I'm sickly today so I doubt I will post much....enjoy your day off! ....Lol! ***

Old 08-18-2012, 08:19 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Fish in trees are real. That I know. I never heard of Xenomorph but it sound like a crossword puzzle word when you need to use a word starting with "x" and x-ray or xylophone won't work, so maybe it's real. I don't know about a "creature" but there are grunts in TV shows and movies about the army. If I remember correctly they are the lowly guys, rank wise and therefore the ones that do all of the work. Now does the term originate from some type of lowly creature? That, I don't know. Never heard of the word antlion so no clue about that one. Aren't head lice called head crabs?

Today's Question(s):

Last vacation - motel - fine.

Well, after I'm done, I'm going to look up "antlion" so, you know, I can just throw it out in conversation...

Only have a sister and she lives in another state so don't know but I could tell you stories about her.

Have to think about that.

Bonus Question:

At my age if it hasn't happened yet, it's never going to happen - procrastination.

In my home, that would be my cell phone right as I'm ready to walk out the door. I have a landline so I can call my cell phone and listen for the ringtone to find it.

I have never seen a need to mount a computer and I'm sure I would fall off of it, anyway. I sit in front of a monitor, computer on the floor in a room where I have my desk and books. Technically, it's a second bedroom.

Just for fun

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I don't know where I see myself in 5 hours.

Ummmmm, the FBI used to watch my mafia uncle's home (long deceased) so I'm thinking he did time. I know there was some breath holding when Joe Valachi testified. I was just too young to know for sure. He was my dad's oldest brother and 20 years older than he was. I wanted to apply for a job with the FBI a long time ago but when the application came (it was like 10 pages back then), it didn't just ask about your immediate family so I knew I shouldn't bother.

Nope, rarely if ever do.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:45 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times

A. Xenomorph B. Fish in trees C. Headcrab D. Antlion E. Grunt HUH???

Today's Question(s):

Last bed you slept in that wasn't your own and was it comfortable? At the farm. YES! What is something you learned in the last week? That coffee grounds do work on ant hills.

I've got everything I need, and still have time and $$ left over to help others.

Bonus Question:

Grocery shopping when things are on sale. Running out of room in the fridge and pantry!! Need to use some of it up...

Is there something you constantly lose
or misplace ? My phone

Where do you go to get on a computer? Home, office, library

Just for fun

Ever had any relatives in jail?
or maybe yourself? My daughter once for forgetting to go to court on a speeding ticket. Was there for ~ 1/2 hour.

No

Have a great weekend all

Happy weekend!!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:48 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
Today's Question(s):

My mother's sleeper sofa. No, it was not comfortable.

I learned the origin of the phrase "Bob's your uncle."

When I was two I walked into my grandmother's living room carrying my clothes and totally nude asking "Granny, where's your hamper?"
I pronounced it as "hampa" because I had a New England accent at the time.

What do you appreciate most about your life? Having worked for the federal government for 37 years I finally retired. Retirement is heaven and the best time of my life. I appreciate that as a kid of 21 I stumbled into the job wearing love beads, mocs, fringed vest and granny dress and they hired me anyway. I appreciate the perks that have come with all those years of work.

Bonus Question:

I don't think I have ever broken one. LOL

My reading glasses. I finally bought 5 pairs and positioned them throughout the house.

Where do you go to get on a computer? My third bedroom which is the computer/TV/do it all here room.

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself? What agency did you work for in the federal government. I don't volunteer that info because when I do I am deluged with questions.

My aunt-by- marriage has a sister whose son is in prison for murdering his brother.

Are you wearing socks right now? No but I do have on houseshoes. I never go barefoot.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=BigMike50;25693508]Good morning my fellow board peeps Hope all are having a good morning! Grab some Joe or some 5 hour energy drink and let's go.......

Today's Question(s):

Last bed you slept in that wasn't your own and was it comfortable? .....Just last night. We are down in the guest room (aka shortie room) and yes it is comfortable. It's a very old antique that belonged John's Grandmother.

What is something you learned in the last week?...That stripping all the wood in our bedroom closet was a nightmare.

What story does your family always tell about you?....I don't have any family but our friend likes to bring up my 50th birthday bash a lot. He still marvels that I survived all the drinking. I guess I was a real riot.

....Oh so much. Where do I start. Shorties, friends, pets, John is in there some where but rectum John has been showing up a bit more than I like so he's temporarily dropped in status. My beautiful old house, friends pets, chocolate whenever I want it, and the financial security.

Bonus Question:

.....Sugar. I just can't do it.

Is there something you constantly lose
or misplace ?....My glasses, sometimes I can't see them on the table.

Where do you go to get on a computer?....The dining room. It's on Johns' beautiful antique dining room table that I drove back in a truck from Wisconsin. I have a class C license so I thought it would be fun to drive the truck with Howie.

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself?...How old I am and how much I weigh.

Ever had any relatives in jail?
or maybe yourself?....I was once for a traffic ticket I didn't pay. The officer was really nice and didn't tow the car, or place me in a cell. I just sat in the lobby until my friends bailed me out. Then there's Johns disowned and out of our will nephew who showed up all over CNN for a large drug bust. It spread like wildfire where John works and was very embarrassing for him. We haven't spoken to him for over two years now and for all we know he's still in jail. He will never be in our life again which is sad because he was our favorite nephew.

....No. That won't be happening until I go to work later.

Have a great weekend all ....I can't wait until I never have to work weekends again.

Last edited by animalcrazy; 08-18-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
Default Mike! WOW oh WOW! Okay, I'm game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good morning my fellow board peeps Hope all are having a good morning! Grab some Joe or some 5 hour energy drink and let's go.......

A. Xenomorph B. Fish in trees C. Headcrab D. Antlion E. Grunt Sounds like Dr. Seuss critters.

Thanks for letting us off that hook!

Today's Question(s):

My Mama's bed... hard as a slab of concrete.

What is something you learned in the last week? I learned that my husband was the culprit who ate my hidden stash of circus peanuts.

What story does your family always tell about you? Are you kidding??? They have so MANY, we'd be here all day telling those stories. I am, after all the "Black Sheep".

What do you appreciate most about your life? That God loves me anyway.

Bonus Question:

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break? I'm still smoking.

Is there something you constantly lose or misplace ? Yeah! My hidden stashes!

Where do you go to get on a computer? My desk in the den.

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself? "Did you eat anything today?" Sometimes I get so busy I forget.

Ever had any relatives in jail? or maybe yourself? Only when doing it for a charity fundraiser.

Are you wearing socks right now? Yep! My feet are always cold. I have lots of awesome socks! Right now they are pink with kitty cats all over them.

Have a great weekend all
You have a good weekend too Mike!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Today's Question(s):

Last bed you slept in that wasn't your own and was it comfortable? - Comfortable enough, at a hotel I stayed at 2 weeks in Ontario, California.

What is something you learned in the last week? - I know something.. but I'll learn about it next week.. I guess I'm a slow learner.. - Actually, I learn something new everyday in my job.

What story does your family always tell about you? - You don't wanna know..

What do you appreciate most about your life? - It's not just one thing, but everything.

Bonus Question:

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break? - Hmm.. I can't think of any habits I've had to break, like smoking, drinking.. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I wasn't much of a drinker in my younger days in the late 1970s, the 1980s, and the 1990s.... but being a man of integrity, simple, honest, very patient, upfront and straightforward is probably something I'm proud of.

Is there something you constantly lose or misplace ? I lost something.. but I forgot what it was....

Where do you go to get on a computer? - Hmm.. Everytime I get on a computer, I end up breaking the case.. I guess they're not strong enough for me to sit on... - Actually, most of the time, at my home office, or my laptop in the living room.

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself? - Can't think of any..

Ever had any relatives in jail? or maybe yourself? - I've been in jail numerous times... playing Monoply (Go To Jail, and Don't Pass Go!) - Actually, other than the City Data Doghouse... I've never been in jail, but I think one of my late uncles was in jail for a DUI some 25-30 years ago.

Are you wearing socks right now? - Nope.. but don't worry, I am wearing clothes..

Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
[u]Today's Question[/U](s):

Last bed you slept in that wasn't your own and was it comfortable? At a hotel and it was a king size and soooo comfortable. I asked the manager who made it and where did they get them and she got the info for me. I called the manufacturer and they said they are not available to the public, only to certain hotels.

What is something you learned in the last week? That the Olympics are over and football season is starting.

What story does your family always tell about you? That I have a crazy sense of humor..

What do you appreciate most about your life? Breathing.

Bonus Question:

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break? Getting to sleep at 4AM.

Is there something you constantly lose or misplace ? My thoughts.

Where do you go to get on a computer? Table is too high to get on it, so I just sit in front of it and cuss at it.

Just for fun

What question(s) do you hate to answer about yourself? None, I'm an introvert, nothing comes out..

Ever had any relatives in jail? or maybe yourself? Yes, me. At the County Fair onetime my wife had me thrown in for a joke and a picture behind the bars.

Are you wearing socks right now? No.

Have a great weekend all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics