Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:32 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Boot Hill Gunfight Shoot out - Located in Dodge City, KS..

Took these on my cell phone, so might be a bit grainy... Somewhere I have the Can, Can, Girls...
Nice pics! They're wearing great costumes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
Miss Kitty was a madame??? Well, I guess that's one more thing my Dad didn't tell me. Of course I was just a little kid, and haven't seen the reruns... but still..... Well, I'm just shocked right outta my knickers! Dang! Forget I just said that!
There were a lot of strict rules about things allowed on TV at the time of Gunsmoke and it's oddly interesting that a character like that was allowed at all much less in a prime time show! Parents watched with kids and no one ever mentioned it. I asked the young woman mentioned if she ever thought about why girls were in the saloon to begin with and that in some shows they went upstairs with cowboys. "OMG! I never thought about that!" she said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics