Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Great tip!! Just one question...........what is 'leftover' wine?? Never heard of it........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
No such thing at my house, either! *hic*

Hahahaha!!

I couldn't use them for little odds and ends without a lid or else, they would end up all over the floor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times
Nancy used styrofoam egg cartons for earrings. She would just stick the post of small ones through the carton. It made them easy to see. She use compartments for larger items and backs. On the subject of eggs they can be frozen when broke into an ice cube tray.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
That is a great tip! The cost is very low. I'm currently using one of those wooden utensil things made for the kitchen in my desk since sections are big enough for pens/pencils/rulers. But all the small items like those in the pic need small sections and ice cube trays are perfect. Compartments thingys in stores just cost too much these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Nancy used styrofoam egg cartons for earrings. She would just stick the post of small ones through the carton. It made them easy to see. She use compartments for larger items and backs. On the subject of eggs they can be frozen when broke into an ice cube tray.
That's a really good idea for pierced earrings! I've given away dozens of earrings, necklaces and rings to younger acquaintances. While I still had them, keeping earrings separated was aggravating. I still have several keepers and they are in a small jewelry box - gathered together.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Cool tips and if you don't have an ice cube tray you can use an egg carton....at least for the non food items

Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Great Tip!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Great tip, Pam. Very cheap way to organize little odds and ends.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,898,604 times
Never thought of keeping the leftover wine for later cooking...that's a great idea. I usually place some wine in my beef stew, it just tastes delicious!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Fantastic idea for earrings! I love it when people share bonus Tips with us!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Happy hump day, kids! Scroll on down for Today's Tip.

NIFTY USES FOR ICE CUBE TRAYS

Ice cube trays can be used for lots of things other than ice cubes! Try these nifty uses:

Organize your thumb tacks, push pins, paper clips and the like.

Put your earrings, rings, and other small pieces of jewelry in an ice cube tray and keep it in a drawer.

Ladle sauces, soups and juices into ice cube trays and freeze them. After they're frozen, pop them out, put them in zipper bags and return them to the freezer. You can quickly grab whatever amount you need for individual servings or recipes.

To avoid over-diluting your iced tea or coffee with ice cubes, make tea or coffee in advance and freeze it in ice cube trays. Use the coffee or tea cubes in your drink and it won't be watered down.

Freeze leftover wine in ice cube trays. Use it later in recipes that call for wine.

Keep nuts and bolts in an ice cube tray when you're taking something apart. This way, you won't lose those little parts and they'll be handy when you're putting the item back together.

Source: 15 Surprising Uses for Ice Cube Trays | Care2 Healthy Living

Sounds good especially the wine...thanks Pammy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics