U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,438,079 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

As rough as mornings are for me, I'm feeling fun this morning, so here are some fun questions for you to not take too seriously.

Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.?

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc?

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)?

Today in History:
2011 The Chairman of the National Transitional Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil announces Muammar Gaddafi's regime has collapsed
1989 1st complete ring around Neptune discovered
1984 Last Volkswagen Rabbit produced
1975 Assassination attempt on president Gerald Ford
1945 Vietnam conflict begins as Ho Chi Minh leads a successful coup
1926 Gold discovered in Johannesburg, South Africa
1864 International Red Cross forms
565 St. Columba reported seeing monster in Loch Ness

Today’s Word:
suss
Pronunciation (suhs)
Meaning: verb tr.: To inspect, investigate, or to figure out.
Etymology: By shortening of suspect, from Latin sub- (below) + specere (to look).

Today is:
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day
Be An Angel Day
Pecan Torte Day

Quote of the Day:
No wise man ever wished to be younger. ~ Jonathan Swift ~

Have a great day everyone!
And go get something to eat rainroosty!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 AM

8,178 posts, read 17,195,135 times
Oh my! I haven't been on the pole position for a while!! Woohoo...Good morning all!

Today's Question(s):

How much of a MacGyver are you?
What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? Nothing comes to mind except for the knee high stocking on the dryer vent

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? Bigfoot!! Oh wait that was hubby getting out of bed.....

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)? Michael Dell

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM

25,082 posts, read 14,962,537 times
Happy Good Wonderful Wednesday Morning to each and everyone...

Great concision format of the question Pat..

Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? NOT @ ALL

Just for Fun:
Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? Nope

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called? Karen

Here's a thought "if it is all in ur mind... then you can do anything" Give LOVE be PEACEFUL

Last edited by sun queen; 08-22-2012 at 07:35 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM

7,899 posts, read 9,362,305 times
Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.?

I'm a Jill of All Trades

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc?

Yup, in my dreams...

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)?

Lollipop - Sounds cool

Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,613,454 times
Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? Thinking......thinking..... No, not MacGyverish in any way.

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? As I get older and my eyesight worsens I "see" all kinds of things.

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)? Rather attached to the name my parents gave me, thanks anyway!

Another school year begins tomorrow, so I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day! Happy day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 08-22-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 AM

5,193 posts, read 4,491,266 times
Mornin' all!

As rough as mornings are for me, I'm feeling fun this morning, so here are some fun questions for you to not take too seriously.

Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? Nope. I'm girly. I call AAA when I have a flat instead of fixing it myself.

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? Nope.

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)? Queen (My first name). I want to wear a crown and sit on a throne.

Today in History:
2011 The Chairman of the National Transitional Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil announces Muammar Gaddafi's regime has collapsed

Today’s Word:
suss
Pronunciation (suhs)
Etymology: By shortening of suspect, from Latin sub- (below) + specere (to look).

Today is:
Be An Angel Day Too late for that one!
Pecan Torte Day

Quote of the Day:

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 AM

6,204 posts, read 4,454,798 times
Happy Hump Day everyone!

Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? Too much of a klutz for something like that

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? no

Bonus Question:

Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM

6,675 posts, read 6,818,489 times
Today's Question(s):
I have to find the MacGyver in me once in a while. Once I had a flat tire and no jack. I had to find a block of wood to slide under the axle and then dug a hole under the flat tire so that I could change the tire. Then I had to dig a hole under the block of wood to get it out from under the axle.

Just for Fun:
There is this monster dust bunny that lurks about my house. Never know which room it will show up in next. I tried to take a picture of it but like all pictures of legendary creatures it was too blurry to tell what it was.

Bonus Question:
I would go with something that includes "stinky cheese" but then everyone would probably shorten it to "stinky". That might not work out too well.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM

41,918 posts, read 16,657,824 times
Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you? What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? I'm fairly handy around the house, but can't think of a MacGyver-type example right now!

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? Not yet.

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)? Perhaps Kathryn or Lauren.

Today’s Word:
suss
Pronunciation (suhs)
I suss all the posts in a C-D thread before I formulate my own post.

Today is:
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day Yay! It's Kobber Day!
Be An Angel Day It's a stretch, but I'll try.
Pecan Torte Day Yum! Let's eat!

Happy hump day, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 AM

51,697 posts, read 13,942,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
How much of a MacGyver are you?LOL.. What quirky quick-fix method have you used to get you through an emergency; scotch tape and a cotton ball for a band-aid, ladies nylon hosiery for a fan belt, etc.? It's been years since I've worn panty hose/stockings but if I got a run out came the nail polish to stop it from getting worse.

Just for Fun:
Fess up. Have you ever seen any legendary creatures; bigfoot, chupacabra, the loch ness monster, mothman, etc? Can't say that I have.

Bonus Question:
If you could change your name to anything you like, what would you be called (Sorry, Trout Fishing in America is already taken!)? I wanna be "Jessie's Girl."

Today in History:
2011 The Chairman of the National Transitional Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil announces Muammar Gaddafi's regime has collapsed - Yeah!

Today’s Word:
suss
Pronunciation (suhs)

Today is:
Be An Angel Day
Pecan Torte Day

Quote of the Day:

And go get something to eat rainroosty!

Happy Hump Day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics