Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM

252 posts, read 459,190 times

Advertisements

Performed in any kind of talent show? at school, college, office, family event?

I remember the first time ever I performed was in grade 5, in front of my entire school. I sang a song from a black and white Bollywood movie. Name of the song "Nakhrewali" by Kishor Kumar. I know for a lot of you this is jebrish but hey I still remember

So let's hear it if you remember Cheers!!

Here's the song I performed it does got a catchy beats.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,541 times
My first performance was a recital at our Kindergarden. Mrs. Scott (our amazing teacher) taught us to sing and tap dance as a regular part of our little day. I loved it, and adored her!
I sang, "Shine on Harvest Moon". Yeah, she was seriously into Vaudville acts, so, we were too!

THE CYBERCLOUD JUE BOX PRESENTS.......ROSEMARY CLOONEY....SHINE ON HARVEST MOOON - YouTube

Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Well, I do remember singing "Be My Love" by Mario Lanza when we were advertising a spaghetti dinner fundraiser at work and most of the staff did not know who Mario Lanza was. Brats! lol

Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
My first performance was a recital at our Kindergarden. Mrs. Scott (our amazing teacher) taught us to sing and tap dance as a regular part of our little day. I loved it, and adored her!
I sang, "Shine on Harvest Moon". Yeah, she was seriously into Vaudville acts, so, we were too!
This is super cool. Love it

Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Well, I do remember singing "Be My Love" by Mario Lanza when we were advertising a spaghetti dinner fundraiser at work and most of the staff did not know who Mario Lanza was. Brats! lol
I don't either

Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,256 times
Antiques' official public debut occured when I was six. I was selected to be Mary in the church Christmas pageant. I don't remember how or why I was chosen.

There was a small contingent of very old, rather crabby ladies (doesn't every place have one? lol) who commented on my role before the pageant.

"I don't know why they picked that Antiques girl."

"No, I don't either. She'll never be quiet through the whole thing."

"Or sit still."

"Yes, they should have picked Susy So and So."

I've also forgot exactly how or where I heard these kind words but I thought, "well, I'll show them."

And show them I did. I sat still, still as a rock. I didn't raise my hand, fidget, or adjust any costume parts. I just sat. And sat. I even sat still when Joseph got nervous and became nauseated. I sat while the preacher halted the pageant and Joseph's mother cleaned up the mess. And I was still sitting when the gossiping little ladies left the church.

My father finally came up to get me so we could go home.

"Antiques," he said, "the play's over. You need to come on down now so we can go home. By the way, we're real proud of you. People couldn't believe you sat still when Jimmy got sick."

"Oh . . . it was nothing," I replied.

I never told a soul until I was grown my motivation for sitting so still!

Last edited by antiquesmountainapache; 09-13-2012 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times
Yes I remember the first time I was asked to perform let's just say the rehearsals lasted a lot longer

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times
My first performance was when I was in Kindergarden. The teacher decided we should put on a performance around Christmas time. She divided the class into 3 groups. I was in the smallest group which was going to do a play about Jack Frost. While the teacher was practicing with one of the other groups, the 4 four of us in my group started acting up. The teacher put the ringleader of our misbehaving group in the corner and then went back to working with a different group. Soon the three of us started acting up again. So the teacher put the new ringleader of our group in a different corner and went back to the other group. Did not take long for the remaining two of us to start acting up. It also did not take long for the remaining two of us to end up in the remaining two corners of the room.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,620,191 times
When I was young once was told "you no good talent, #&%$@, go get a regular job. So singing the blues I went to work in a factory making musical chairs.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:19 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I was always joining talent shows in school, and most of them were singing (back then we didnt have karaoke so a lot of us had to sing with the record' or a dance routine with my friends. As far back as I can remember!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics