U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 AM

11,874 posts, read 10,110,820 times

Advertisements

Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
A New Mexico boy was tasered by a cop after he refused to wash the officer’s squad car.

It appears that during the officer’s school presentation for Career Day he asked a group of boys who wanted
to clean his car. The 10 year old boy in question jokingly said he didn’t want to.

The officer then allegedly pointed his taser at the boy and said “Let me show you what happens to people
who do not listen to the police.”

In a perfect example of why one should never play with any type of weapon, the officer (who ‘believed’ his
weapon wasn’t loaded) then released 50,00 volts into the boy.

Courthouse News Service
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 AM

52,914 posts, read 31,277,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
A New Mexico boy was tasered by a cop after he refused to wash the officer’s squad car.

It appears that during the officer’s school presentation for Career Day he asked a group of boys who wanted
to clean his car. The 10 year old boy in question jokingly said he didn’t want to.

The officer then allegedly pointed his taser at the boy and said “Let me show you what happens to people

In a perfect example of why one should never play with any type of weapon, the officer (who ‘believed’ his
I'm shocked.. he did not check the taser to see if was loaded and tased a 10-year old boy for refusing to wash the squad car.. sounds like that police officer's future is.. Washed up.. It also makes me wonder what.. Triggered the officer to use his taser...

Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM

5,815 posts, read 4,764,859 times
Quote:
<B>Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
</B>

Courthouse News Service
What a maroon. The first thing you are taught with gun safety is -
Always assume a gun (taser) is loaded.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 AM

On a serious note, the officer's demonstration of what can happen to people who don't listen to the police, especially to a 10-year old kid, was definitely not the proper thing to do, with a taser or any other weapon.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
What a maroon. The first thing you are taught with gun safety is -
Always assume a gun (taser) is loaded.
I agree, Always assume the weapon is loaded - That's the one rule I was taught in handling a weapon. NEVER point the weapon at anyone or in an unsafe direction, unless you want to use the weapon in defense, plain and simple. A good rule also is to NEVER point a weapon at a person you do not intend to use it on, even if you're 110% sure that it's not loaded.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 AM

42,092 posts, read 16,789,505 times
Quote:
<B>Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
</B>

Wow. What an idiot. There aren't sufficient words to describe this guy's stupidity. What a frightening experience for the boy, the entire class, and probably the officer too. But geesh - how careless and stupid was that?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM

6,441 posts, read 4,730,045 times
This officer did four very wrong things.
* He pointed the taser in the first place
* He was unaware of his weapon being loaded
* He pulled the barbs from the boy's chest
* He failed to call for emergency care

The boy does need special care and consideration to recover from the trauma and not grow up hating police. The officer should never again be hired into any position that wears a uniform or has authority over others.

I suppose the kid is lucky the officer didn't exert his dominance by pulling his gun instead of the taser.

Quote:
<b>Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?

</b>

Courthouse News Service

Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 29,807,200 times
Quote:
She adds: "No reasonable officer confronting a situation where the need for force is at its lowest, on a playground with elementary age children, would have deployed the Taser in so reckless a manner as to cause physical and psychological injury."
She seeks punitive damages for the boy for battery, failure to render emergency medical care, excessive force, unreasonable seizure, and negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention.
I would think the officer would be removed from duty for a while, maybe a desk job would be a better fit for him.......................

Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM

14,889 posts, read 15,193,965 times
Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM

8,746 posts, read 8,174,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I would think the officer would be removed from duty for a while, maybe a desk job would be a better fit for him.......................
I agree! This officer clearly did something very stupid, reckless, and dangerous. Like you said, he should be re-assigned to desk duty or maybe even suspended for a period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics