U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:38 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,089,373 times

Advertisements

Inagoddadavida by Iron Butterfly. Yes I'm kidding and no I didn't take the brown acid. Seriously, I like allot of songs from different artists. The only thing I really can't take is rap. I have music from Ozzy to Frank Sinatra in my library and enjoy it all. It's all governed by the mood I'm in. Oddly there are times that I can even listen to and enjoy Italian classics from the 40s' and 50s'. I think it's more nostalgia than anything. I can remember my grandmother playing her albums while making a pot of gravy for sunday diner and she was in heaven smiling from ear to ear. (Please don't lecture me on the gravy versus sauce thing, my grandparents were born in Italy and they refered to it as gravy). Maybe it just reminds me of being a kid. One song I can never tire of is Arlo Guthries Alices' Restaurant. I was in my late teens when it was released so it kind of had an impact back then, well at least it still makes me laugh.
"You can get anything you want at Alices' Restaurant, exceptin Alice"

Last edited by exhdo1; 10-01-2006 at 05:37 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 05:00 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,267,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Inagoddadavida by Iron Butterfly. Yes I'm kidding and no I didn't take the brown acid. Seriously, I like allot of songs from different artists. The only thing I really can't take is rap. I have music from Ozzy to Frank Sinatra in my library and enjoy it all. It's all governed by the mood I'm in. Oddly there are times that I can even listen to and enjoy Italian classics from the 40s' and 50s'. I think it's more nostalgia than anything. I can remember my grandmother playing her albums while making a pot of gravy for sunday diner and she was in heaven smiling from ear to ear. (Please don't lecture me on the gravy versus sauce thing, my grandparents were born in Italy and they refered to it as gravy). Maybe it just reminds me of being a kid. One song I can never tire of is Arlo Guthries Alices' Restaurant. I was in my late teens when it was released so it kind of had an impact back then, well at least it still makes me laugh.
"You can get anything you want at Alices' Restaurant, septin Alice"

Did they ever play Dominic the Donkey?

Old 10-01-2006, 05:31 PM

13,394 posts, read 43,612,168 times
Box Of Rain by the Grateful Dead.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Did they ever play Dominic the Donkey?
Thats the Italian Christmas Donkey "chingity ching". No I didn't hear that song till later in life thankfully. My children loved it when they were young though, my son did a great "Hee Haw".

Old 10-01-2006, 06:29 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,267,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Thats the Italian Christmas Donkey "chingity ching". No I didn't hear that song till later in life thankfully. My children loved it when they were young though, my son did a great "Hee Haw".
We used to have big family Italian gatherings on Chistmas Eve and my Aunt used to always scream for me and say Anne Marie come on I'm gonna play Dominic the Donkey now

Old 10-01-2006, 07:29 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,534,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
My signature song is "The day music died".

"Bye Bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the Levee but the Levee was dry, them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin' this will be the day that I die".

I LOVE that song!
lol...I believe that song is called "American Pie"

Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,534,914 times
Faithfully by Journey
Hubby was on the road with his band many years ago when we were dating... need I say more? We've been happily married 13 years and yes those days on the road are over but that song always brings back those memories of being apart and then reuniting!! Great times.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,014,614 times
Quote:
lol...I believe that song is called "American Pie"
I have it downloaded on XM and it's titled "Day Music Died". I thought it was called American Pie too but maybe I'm wrong.

Freebird by Skynyrd is great so is Gimme Three Steps.

The Gambler by Kenny Rogers is a classic, same as Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. I'm a Parrothead by the way...

I'm mainly country and rock.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I have it downloaded on XM and it's titled "Day Music Died". I thought it was called American Pie too but maybe I'm wrong.

Freebird by Skynyrd is great so is Gimme Three Steps.

The Gambler by Kenny Rogers is a classic, same as Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. I'm a Parrothead by the way...

I'm mainly country and rock.
Gimme Three Steps as well as most Skynyrd stuff is great southern rock. What do you think about Uneasy Rider by CDB? Funny you mention Jimmy Buffet. We were recently at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and he is not well liked there. The employees say he never visits and is only there for the money. I was kinda thinking twice about ordering my Cheesburger In Paradise after I heard their complaints.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:25 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,014,614 times
Quote:
What do you think about Uneasy Rider by CDB?
Charlie Daniels has some good stuff, The Devil went down to Georgia and Drinkin' my Baby Goodbye are my favorites, Boogie Woogie Fiddle Country Blues is great to dance to. Uneasy Rider is OK, not my favorite song but I can listen to it.

Quote:
Gimme Three Steps as well as most Skynyrd stuff is great southern rock.
I agree, one of my favorite artists. Do you have satellite radio? I love mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics