U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,084,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Charlie Daniels has some good stuff, The Devil went down to Georgia and Drinkin' my Baby Goodbye are my favorites, Boogie Woogie Fiddle Country Blues is great to dance to. Uneasy Rider is OK, not my favorite song but I can listen to it.

I agree, one of my favorite artists. Do you have satellite radio? I love mine.
Actually I have directv and get some XM stations as part of my package. I never bothered to see if southern rock is one of the choices.
"If you ever go down in the Wooly Swamp, well you better not go at night. There's thing down there in the middle of them woods that'll make a grown man die from fright"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2006, 09:50 AM

22,836 posts, read 33,177,650 times
My husband and I both love the song In My Mind I'm Go'n to Carolina by James Taylor. It reminds us of North Carolina and brings back such wonderful memories.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:55 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,245,318 times
ILNC--My brother and his family live in Rock Hill, SC. Everytime I hear "Carolina Girls" by Chairmen of the Board, I think of my nieces.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM

313 posts, read 807,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Do you have a special song? Is there a particular tune that you and your significant other share? What is it.....and why did you choose that song?
I cross my heart, by George Straight- our song and my hubby sings it to me all the time
Me and You, Kenney Chesney- Its always been my song that makes me think of him and us
One More Day, Diamond Rio- Makes me think of my dad. I know it is more of a couple song but the overall words just make me think of him. We didn't have a great relationship when he died but we had just seen eachother and were going to be working on it. I was a total daddy's girl growing up. It actually makes me cry when I hear it cause I miss him so much and regret the last couple years that he was alive.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:59 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,534,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I have it downloaded on XM and it's titled "Day Music Died". I thought it was called American Pie too but maybe I'm wrong.

Freebird by Skynyrd is great so is Gimme Three Steps.

The Gambler by Kenny Rogers is a classic, same as Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. I'm a Parrothead by the way...

I'm mainly country and rock.
nope...it's American Pie ....great classic....but man man is it a long one!!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:26 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,266,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
My husband and I both love the song In My Mind I'm Go'n to Carolina by James Taylor. It reminds us of North Carolina and brings back such wonderful memories.

Me too! I like it more that I'm moving there.

I heard he was in Progressiveville on Sunday singing it.

Last edited by a1m1700; 10-02-2006 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-02-2006, 08:29 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,266,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
I cross my heart, by George Straight- our song and my hubby sings it to me all the time
Me and You, Kenney Chesney- Its always been my song that makes me think of him and us
One More Day, Diamond Rio- Makes me think of my dad. I know it is more of a couple song but the overall words just make me think of him. We didn't have a great relationship when he died but we had just seen eachother and were going to be working on it. I was a total daddy's girl growing up. It actually makes me cry when I hear it cause I miss him so much and regret the last couple years that he was alive.

Same thing here with my Dad Tami, when I hear Say it Loud say it clear, I have to turn it off.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,171,677 times
Well, I can't argue any of the Skynyrd or Queen comments at all...love all those songs.

Don't actually know if I have any one particular song that's my favorite or that "defines" me, but here's a few and the why's for each one:

Simultaneously I like Ramblin' Man by the Allman brothers and Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet (although I've always been a fan of both, my parents both liked A.B and J.B....however, after they passed away, I was very lost and alone, etc. One day I was driving and Ramblin' Man came on the classic rock station...I thought of my mom always saying she loved that song, it kind of put me a peace. The second the song was over Margaritaville came on (which I thought odd since it was a classic rock station) and I thought of my dad because we always sang along to buffet. At that moment, for the first time since they passed, I truly felt as if both of them were telling me things would be okay. That was about six years ago. Since then, I don't know how, but I've never, ever, ever heard one of those songs without the other one following (in either order)....that's mom and dad talking to me.

Through the Years by Kenny Rogers and Open Arms by Journey = me and my husband.

Never Knew Love Like This by Stephanie Mills = me to my kids

The Rose by Bette Midler = gives me a sense of personal strength (as I bawl my eyes out)

16 Candles (can't remember who sang it, but it's the Oldie) = I danced with my dad at my sweet 16 party and it was first important dance I ever had with him and unfortunately the last since he wasn't alive when I got married. That will always be my special daddy/little girl dance.

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that truly touch me.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM

9,985 posts, read 18,148,231 times
Losing My Religion by REM thats my favorite

and then there is the remake of Black Betty I love to drive to

Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,171,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Losing My Religion by REM thats my favorite

and then there is the remake of Black Betty I love to drive to
Black Betty is a completely awesome song! The first time I heard it was in Blow, with Johnny Depp...I had to go out and buy that Going South cd...what a great song (bam-a-lam)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics