Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

It's a bit yucky out there today, overcast and really grey.

As you have probably gathered we are in the middle of yet more work re-decorating the place. At least the worst is over- a year ago we had that water pipe burst and as a result the kitchen got stripped out and rebuilt, as did the utility room, hall, landing and stairs and downstairs cloakroom!

Have you ever looked round your house and looked at something that got done and wished you'd done it differently? Some things are easy to change, others can only get changed with a major re-build.

It's easy to talk about such things but needless to say money often comes into the decision, but let us know your thoughts because the POTD is;

Wishing you'd done some modelling work on the house differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
To cheer me, and hopefully you, up on a grey day here are a couple of shots taken on warmer and brighter days;

Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Good morning, Jezer! My favorites of your pics are always the ones with cat or dog! Your animals really enjoy their lives on your property. That is a lovely field of flowers and very inviting.

Your recent peeves are really hitting "home" for me since my recently purchased previously owned home needs a lot done. As of this weekend, more than half of the floors will be done. I have plans to make two bathrooms into one big one and to create a big open space with living room and spare bedroom. The bedroom wall along the hallway will be removed and the wall between living room and bedroom will be lowered to a half wall with arches across the top. So far that planning is in my head.

A nosy neighbor who was came over looking at everything and quizzing me has already said he would never combine bathrooms! But he still lives with a spouse. It's just me and the kits but having a toilet with a problem and not another to use would be aggravating. On the other hand, my big family had only one toilet for several years so we managed.

Peeve of the day considered, I may be wishing I had done differently!!! Surging ahead . . . .

Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Well, I dont own this place but will admit, it really doesnt need any remodeling. Its nice as it is.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:26 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Well, I be renting so . . . do though wish my landlord would have built a bigger deck out front.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Those words "I wish I had" seem to always come back to mind after a project is near completion or totally done.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,745 times
Beautiful pics Jezer! Your kit looks much like my Max ! And Ohhhhhh how I wish my yard looked like yours! The flowers... oh my mercy! Enchanting. Both pics are simply enchanting. I love to frame them and put them on the wall in my livingroom!!! So cheerful and happy, makes me grin just seeing them! Thank your for that brightness in this dreary, cold and overcast day here in the middle of nowhere.
Peeve ~
Just a few nights ago DH and I were talking about what we wished we'd done differently when we remodeled the kitchen and den. I love my kitchen, but hate the den. Bummer.
Maybe next summer we will make some changes.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
That would be the roof over our kitchen deck. We are going to rebuild it so that it looks like the front porch roof instead of the after thought it looks like. Damn contractors, if you want it done right do it yourself.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:54 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

It's a bit yucky out there today, overcast and really grey.

As you have probably gathered we are in the middle of yet more work re-decorating the place. At least the worst is over- a year ago we had that water pipe burst and as a result the kitchen got stripped out and rebuilt, as did the utility room, hall, landing and stairs and downstairs cloakroom!

Have you ever looked round your house and looked at something that got done and wished you'd done it differently? Some things are easy to change, others can only get changed with a major re-build.

It's easy to talk about such things but needless to say money often comes into the decision, but let us know your thoughts because the POTD is;

Good peeve, Jezer! Sometimes it's really hard to picture the final outcome in your head, and when you fish a project it's not what you'd hoped for. <sigh>

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
I wish we'd made the garage bigger (again). Had it extended to hold another car and now the 'another' car we got is so big it's knocked one of the others outside so one now lives behind the garage. It's a Defender 90 so it can take it but it does look a bit unhappy out there. No way on earth was the new one going to live outside though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics