Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,146,358 times

Advertisements

"Hello out there in television land...."......(Ed Norton)
'tis Friday once again and I hope you are all well and happy today!

~ You find a box on a table in your home. It's dimensions are about 2 feet by 2 feet.
What do you wish is inside the box?

~ Today you get to ride around in one of those battery powered sit-down carts like they have in the supermarket. It has an unlimited battery power and a basket on the front.

Where would you like to drive it around?

What would you like to have in the basket?

~ What was the best concert that you've ever been to? (Up to 3 answers)

~ Did you ever play with an electric train set or an electric race car set?

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all!

*** HappyWishes for you all! This weekend will bring you some good luck! ***

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-23-2012 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times
~ You find a box on a table in your home. It's dimensions are about 2 feet by 2 feet.
Hmmm...This could be a trick question. I notice rainroosty did not give the third dimension. The box might only be 1 inch high and whatever I pick would look like it was run over by a steam roller to make it flat enough to fit in the box. On the chance the box is higher than an inch or two I will go with a new fully loaded laptop computer. Feel free to use 100 dollar bills for packing around the computer.

~ Today you get to ride around in one of those battery powered sit-down carts like they have in the supermarket. It has an unlimited battery power and a basket on the front.

Let's see now...It is Black Friday. The stores will be crowded. Add one each Alaskan Mutt all hopped up on beer and stinky cheese driving around in a powered cart. This is going to be fun. Might as well make it a large mall. That way I will have more people to run into with the cart.

Beer and stinky cheese.

1.Many years ago when I lived in Sitka Alaska several world class classical musicians would come there for a month. They would put on two formal concerts a week. During the day time they would have jam sessions that the public could attend for free.

I had an electric train set. Always wanted to play with an electric race car set.

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all!
A reuben sandwich is sounding pretty good right about now.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 11-23-2012 at 04:17 AM..

Old 11-23-2012, 03:59 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,079 times

Good morning!

What do you wish is inside the box? Money!

Won't happen today. Too many people at the store!

~ What was the best concert that you've ever been to? It's hard to answer. I haven't been to that many concerts, and I enjoyed them all...

~ Did you ever play with an electric train set or an electric race car set? I think I played with an electric F1 race car set with my brother, many moons ago!

Old 11-23-2012, 04:37 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,491,234 times
Judging by the heat it's putting out, I think my computer may be on the way out... so perhaps there's room in the box for a new one, together with a nice big monitor!

We don't have those in our supermarkets, just regular shopping carts, so I'd be the centre of attention if I drove around in one!

I'd use it for a regular run between home and the nearest shops, which are slightly too far to walk to, but not far enough to be healthy for the car battery.

Hugh Jackman!

Oh gosh, so many over the years. I'll vote for the first one I ever went to... The Beatles, back in about 1963 (which featured four or five other Liverpool bands of the day, and cost the vast sum of 50 cents)! I'll also vote for Bette Midler (2005 I think), and Pavarotti (some time in the late 80s/early 90s). Can I go over the limit of three and give honourable mentions to Norah Jones, Dido, Rod Stewart, and the Rolling Stones.

Yes both. They belonged to my brother, who wasn't keen on me getting into his train set, but needed me to race against with the Scalextric cars.

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all! It's nearly bedtime Friday evening here - the thought of food right now isn't very appealing. Today I had lettuce and cucumber on a bread roll for lunch. If I can have anything I want for lunch tomorrow, I'll have Maine lobster thanks!

Thanks Rainroosty.

Have a relaxing post-Thanksgiving Day!

Last edited by Kobber; 11-23-2012 at 04:55 AM..

Old 11-23-2012, 04:52 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,707,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

What do you wish is inside the box?100 dollar bills!

Where would you like to drive it around? Nowhere.......the stores are too crowded!

~ What was the best concert that you've ever been to? (Up to 3 answers) I've been to many concerts and it's hard to pick the best. Okay, I'll say The Rolling Stones,Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi.

~ Did you ever play with an electric train set or an electric race car set? Yes, when I was little.

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all!I don't usually eat hamburgers anymore but years ago Rossi's down in the (Chambersburg) section of Trenton, NJ,made these awesome bacon burgers that I could definitely enjoy again. The burgers were huge! The steak fries were good too.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:05 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,081 times
What do you wish is inside the box? Keys to a lake house and $$$ to furnish and maintain it.

Where would you like to drive it around? I'm not interested in shopping today, so not sure. Somewhere quiet, away from the crazy crowds. Actually, after helping an older lady the other day who was riding one I don't think I'd want one, even for a day. There was no one with her, so she must have been able to get around on her own somewhat, but she couldn't reach the top shelves and then the battery went out on her in the middle of the store. In another store there was a really large woman riding one and ordering this poor man around in a loud & rude voice, not appreciative of anything he did.

Yo-Yo Ma, a jam session with Elvin Jones, Sonny Rollins
Hard to choose only three.

Many years ago.

I'm still full from yesterday. Maybe a turkey, brie and cranberry sandwich.

*** Happy Wishes for you all! This weekend will bring you some good luck! *** And to you, rainroosty!

I will be spending the next three days with grandchildren. Today and Sunday I'll have Abbie, two years old. She's a corker, as my dad used to say. Tomorrow I'll be going to Santa's Land with my three little ones and maybe a great niece. My grandmother used to take me there, happy memories. So excited they decided to reopen even if it's just for a month. Enjoy your day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 11-23-2012 at 05:48 AM..

Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 AM

36,444 posts, read 16,047,179 times

A winning lotto ticket

Does it have a horn? I would drive around the mall, looking at all the weird people
Water and lots of money.

Oh tough one...Pink Floyd, Santana
I'd like to see Mumford and Sons now.
Both

Turkey Sandwich, that's what I want.

*** HappyWishes for you all! This weekend will bring you some good luck! *** thanks rainy, you too

Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 AM

11,380 posts, read 9,298,077 times
Hello everyone,

Quote:

Money! Large bills, LOL.

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, only 3? I have been to so many concerts over the years. Any list I make I will leave many good times that I had out.

To name a few off the top ---

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood (together) in 2009.
Both times I saw Mindy Smith, 2011 and 2012.
Elvis Costello and the Imposters, 2007 in a small club in DC. They played non-stop for 3 hours!

Sorry, I know that's 4!

Quote:
Only trains a couple of times.

Quote:
Lobster (complete) at O'Donnells in Gaithersburg, MD.

You as well. Happy Friday to all! I'm off to work. To those that have the day off - enjoy!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,424,677 times
Default Qotd

Quote:

What do you wish is inside the box? Money and lots of it.

~ Today you get to ride around in one of those battery powered sit-down carts like they have in the supermarket. It has an unlimited battery power and a basket on the front. I don't want to ride the cart. I had to use one when I had a knee problem a few years ago. I want to always be in shape where I can walk!

~ What was the best concert that you've ever been to? (Up to 3 answers) No particular one.

~ Did you ever play with an electric train set or an electric race car set? No, although I used to want a small train set to go under the tree. That was before I had kitties!

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all!I'm too full from yesterday to even care about lunch. Something light!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,496,623 times
What do you wish is inside the box? A set of keys to a new car and money.

Where would you like to drive it around? I'd drive it around some store I liked.

What would you like to have in the basket? Things my children asked for Christmas.

~ What was the best concert that you've ever been to? (Up to 3 answers) Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens, and Stevie Nicks.

~ Did you ever play with an electric train set or an electric race car set? Yes, both.

~ Make a wish for what you would like for a free lunch today - anything you want from anywhere at all! Taco lunch special from a local Mexican place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics