U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 AM

15,914 posts, read 16,451,608 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

The decorators are hard at it again today as we look to get the house sorted out by mid December.

Frustratingly there is one chap, who is down to do some other work, that is very difficult to get hold of and is very poor on the communication front.

It's frustrating because many jobs are interlinked and people need to know when certain things are likely to get completed.

The POTD is;

People who are poor on the communication front.

Here from our visit a couple of weekends ago, the 100 year old Bristol Central Library;

Oops- where did he spring from?

He was photographing this fine looking Gentleman;

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM

43,104 posts, read 57,985,909 times
People who are poor on the communication front.

Yep, there are a lot of them out there. Sometimes I think 50% of the population is lacking in communications.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 AM

11,874 posts, read 10,706,125 times
I banged my head against the wall for around 25 years, between paralegal work and real estate, dealing with people like that

Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM

43,642 posts, read 18,710,798 times
Excellent peeve, Jezer. It's so frustrating to work with, or even to be friends with, people who are terrible at communicating. Minor issues can turn into monumental problems when people don't communicate.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM

10,663 posts, read 8,935,964 times
Very good peeve. Some people just can't, or won't, communicate...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM

18,366 posts, read 10,835,093 times
Crazy family members that don't understand that people move forward in life and not backwards. Try communicating with that unrealistic mentality.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM

31,304 posts, read 31,565,626 times
^^^^ OH my goodness that is exactly what I've found to be soooooo true and happening as well.

Progress forward instead of making the same mistakes over and over again and again!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM

28,790 posts, read 45,534,733 times
This peeve reminds of my days a a Help Desk employee. We would get calls from people who were clueless about computers, wouldn't do what we told them to do, would be heard typing while we were trying to explain to them what to do...

Then they'd file a complaint because we were terrible customer service reps because we didn't fix their problem after an hour on the phone.

I read comments all the time on CD and elsewhere about how horrendous support is for computers and every time I do I want to spend 10 minutes on the phone with the complainer so I can see what kind of idiot I'm dealing with.

Man have I got stories!!

Of course some of the complaints are valid. I've called for support and talked with people who know less than I do about the problem. Or I can't understand a word they're saying.

When I had my business communication was at the top of the list. Call backs asap, as much explanation as a client wanted (some wanted none - "Just make it work!"), calls if I couldn't be on time, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics