Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 PM

44,415 posts, read 20,170,268 times

Advertisements

Hi, kids! Scroll on down for Today's Tip.

HOMEMADE CITRUS SCRUB

Does your skin feel dry and dull? Try this homemade concoction to exfoliate and moisturize your skin and give it a healthy glow.

In a bowl*, combine 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup sweet almond oil or olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon orange zest. Store the mixture in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.

Use the citrus scrub after you complete your shower. After you're squeaky clean, apply some of your homemade scrub all over your body, using your hands or a washcloth. Then rinse off and pat your body dry with a towel. You'll feel wonderfully fresh and your skin will be smooth and moisturized.

*Be sure to use a completely dry bowl, as even a few drops of water can dissolve the salt.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,851,303 times
Quote:
after you complete your shower.
Shower? What's that?

Thanks for the tip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,055,928 times
I put all that on chicken ... ..and it comes out nice and moist!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM

44,703 posts, read 61,887,952 times
How do we keep the animals away after the citrus shower and we go outside.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,265,933 times
That's a very good homemade formula with or without the zest and olive oil costs much less than almond oil. If you've never used a skin scrub before, it's easy to rub raw so rub gently and use a circular motion. You can also get a daily exfoliation without a scrub formula by using a waffle style scrubby wash cloth. I recently stumbled across a very long one that is perfect for washing the entire back without effort and it's ideal for reaching that itchy spot right between the shoulder blades. Sorry, but I don't know what those things are made from. You'll know them when you see them!

Nice tip reminder, PJ! Our skin really does breathe better with all the dead skin removed and it makes us prettier!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,070,280 times
I need to google lemon & orange zest because I've never heard of 'zest' before this sounds great for getting rid of that dead skin.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
I need to google lemon & orange zest because I've never heard of 'zest' before this sounds great for getting rid of that dead skin.
When you find it you're gonna say, "I knew that!"

Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Zest is the outer skin of citrus fruits. Just use a small grater to get the zest. It's very flavorful and aromatic; is used in a lot of food recipes. Just don't grate the white part underneath the outer skin.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Shower? What's that?

Thanks for the tip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I put all that on chicken ... ..and it comes out nice and moist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
How do we keep the animals away after the citrus shower and we go outside.
You guys!

*lol*

Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Zest is the outer skin of citrus fruits. Just use a small grater to get the zest. It's very flavorful and aromatic; is used in a lot of food recipes. Just don't grate the white part underneath the outer skin.

Consumption of the zest/peel is highly beneficial. One tbsp. of orange rind contains 0.6 g of fiber, 14 percent of your daily value of vitamin C and 1 percent each of vitamin A, calcium and folic acid. It has only 6 calories and no fat, cholesterol, sugar or sodium. Orange peels contain a high amount of pectin, a carbohydrate found naturally in fruit used to make jams and jellies because it creates a gel-like consistency when heated. When you consume pectin, it contributes to the health of your intestines.

So zest your orange or lemon, add some to your body scrub and eat the rest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics